Page 4360 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 336038604260431043504356435743584359436043614362436343644370 ... LastLast
Results 65,386 to 65,400 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So even when Asuka wins, she still gets beat down and humiliated afterwards. What a surprise. There's better be a good payoff to all of this (IE her winning the belt), but I suspect that there won't be.

I mean stipulations almost never actually work like they're supposed to in WWE (when's the last time that a steel cage actually did it's job properly for example), so I suspect that the shark cage won't stop Ellsworth from interfering.
    Shark cages have a 50/50 success rate as far as keeping managers from interfering. Enzo was able to squeeze through the bars... James in theory could as well. And he's still able to theoretically toss Carmella a foreign object. Or it's possible they are just putting him in the cage to be funny.

I honestly doubt Asuka will win... I think if they are going to have Carmella drop it, it will be at Summerslam. It's a bigger stage to do a title switch.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hard choices have to be made in war time.
    Chase didn't even attack them. He wanted to defuse the situation and they betrayed him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Goldberg was on Steve Austin's podcast and he was asked about political power and how he used it. Goldberg claims he never really used it except once and he explained it was his agent who pretty much instructed him on how to do things.

- Goldberg was in New Jersey watching the Stanley Cup Championship in 1999 and he was in the stands with his brother. And even though he's not as big a hockey fan , this as he told Steve was the Stanley Cup championship game to determine the winner. Anyhow his phone rings and its Barry Bloom his agent who instructs him to fly to Atlanta so they can do the Little Caesar's commercial. That he has to be there at 6am to start it.

- Goldberg was like Barry , I'll be there but I'm watching this game. So he says he sits and watches , post game he celebrates with the crowd in Jersey who watched . Drinking outta the Cup with the players as well. But he went there the next morning and shot the commercial. Bloom told him not to sign a new WCW deal til after the commercial was shot and aired. Goldberg listened to him.

- At Nitro later he was backstage and the commercial aired. Bloom called him and said , we got em right where we want them. He joked it was his rare time using that power he had gotten and he understood what Bloom wanted him to do now.

- Goldberg claimed he too would look at how people were busting their asses 20-25 years and making $60 bucks a night and here he is , 6 months in the business and suddenly he's getting a World title push and massive money. So he'd try and its not mentioned, but he wanted to put Bobby Eaton over in a dark match during his undefeated streak in his home town. But the WCW brass told him NO WAY.

- But the stories are always , Goldberg is always selfish...etc. But **** you on that. He brings up that he was working against 2 guys he looked up to backstage in Barbarian and Meng. That he respected Barbarian a lot. A dedicated family man and all round pro. He trusted those guys because he was new and they were the veterans to take care of him. So he does a spot where Barbarian basically catches him on the top rope with a belly to belly super plex move in a match.

- Backstage Bischoff runs up pissed. Telling Goldberg he never wants him to be suplexed like that off the top rope ever and he shouldn't have done that. Goldberg was like what was wrong ? Its Barb , he took care of me in the move. But as Austin and him later admitted , yeah Barbarian wasn't doing it to hurt him or would have. He's a good guy. But Bischoff's prospective is ...were building a monster face and he shouldn't take a move like that. So Goldberg understood and it never happened again.

- But as far as political power goes , he wasn't a booker. He never booked before or anything like that. He'd want things to be logical as he'd explain. If something wasn't logical he'd question it backstage for sure. As an example he said if they came to him and said , Bill we want ya to put over Rey Mysterio Jr and he's gonna blast you with a howlitzer and get the pin...he'd do it for sure. He called it logical as he's a big monster and of course it made sense to do that. Its when things aren't and you chip away at something like his character that problems would arise.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Your wife is back! AWESOME!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Disco Inferno discussed his famous angle where he worked against Jacqueline and lost.

- The idea was something that Bischoff and Kevin Nash came up with as they had spots where Jacqueline had jumped on Chris Benoit's back during spots and beat on him. She also had beaten down guys outside the ring as well. So they called Disco up and said , come to the office , we have something for you.

- Disco was less than excited for this angle when pitched as he was like , I'm 230+ pounds and she's 120. Nash had told Disco he saw a competitive match but Disco wasn't so sure size wise that people would believe that. His biggest question was , well where do I go after putting Jacqueline over ? I mean where else do I go after this. Nash wanted to take him off TV for 6 months but Bischoff replied he saw him staying on TV and being egged on by fellow guys and having to prove himself after the angle.

Disco however was worried because he only had 4 months left on his WCW contract and if this didn't go well , he sure could contact New York and possibly go there. But the fanbase there would give him total hell for losing to a woman .

- So he discussed the match with Terry Taylor and DDP as they all told him to NOT DO THIS. So he went and told Eric , no ...I'm gonna not do this. Bischoff got mad and said , well your fired then. Disco was like that is fine , I just want to be able to work elsewhere then. The WCW lawyer however put a No Compete for 4 months . So he was at home and waiting as Jim Cornette and Bruce Prichard would call him each month asking how long he had. So he'd tell them 3 months left , 2 months left etc. But then , nothing came of it.

He later learned that original plans was for him to be Honky Tonkman's protege possibly. They had an image of a figure and from what was told , he'd have likely been used in that angle before it changed.

- So in a gym working out Sting was there and he was like , why aren't you working. Disco ran down the Jacqueline story and Sting was like , let me go speak to Bischoff. So Bischoff brought him back . There he was like , lets work on some way we can get you to put over Jacqueline.

- So Terry Taylor did not like this angle so much , he put the TV Championship on Disco . Because he thought Eric wouldn't be stupid enough to put the TV Championship off a male wrestler like this. But as Eric conceived an idea where Disco was a guy who didn't wanna abuse a woman , so Disco is backed in a corner and comically has to work around this. Disco was like I can do this and it went off great.

- It always made Disco wonder why they didn't bring him in then because his character would have fit Honky's perfect. In fact when he was told of the Disco character he put in tapes of Honky and studied his way he'd work a match , do a dance move and more. He has no clue who put the kibosh on it but Russo told him that was the idea as writer when he was in WCW years later.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So even when Asuka wins, she still gets beat down and humiliated afterwards. What a surprise. There's better be a good payoff to all of this (IE her winning the belt), but I suspect that there won't be.

I mean stipulations almost never actually work like they're supposed to in WWE (when's the last time that a steel cage actually did it's job properly for example), so I suspect that the shark cage won't stop Ellsworth from interfering.
    both women's division have been really shitty since mania, just bad to horrible decisions on who to push and how to go about pushing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    nice, i've always liked her and it was cool to watch her grow and develop. some time in NXT would be good for her.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

I got my tickets to Extreme Rules last night. Excited to see Bryan, Balor, and a few others live for the first time. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up being Backlash quality, but... it looks like a good card.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Finished the rest of the G1 Special. A few thoughts on the title matches:

1) The suplex that hurt Hiromu's neck was gross to watch. Have to admit it took me out of the match when it was pretty obvious that he was legit hurt there.

2) White/Robinson was easily MOTN. Best Jay's looked in New Japan and it was nice to see him actually put it all together for once.

3) Obvious announcer spot set-up was really freakin' obvious, but hey, it got Jay even more heat, so consider it a wash.

4) Juice Robinson continues to be awesome.

5) The main was bad. Wannabe epic garbagey brawl that pretty much failed at being epic. Caveat: I gave nary a **** about the Omega/Cody feud, so my emotional investment in this was pretty much zero.

6) Cody is goddamn lucky that he didn't get seriously hurt on that blown table spot.

7) Tama Tonga and the Tongans being done with the Omega/Cody slapfighting is probably about 3 or 4 months overdue. Honestly, it should've happened when Omega jumped the line as either of the OG Club members still around should've assumed leadership when Anderson left.

All in all, I liked the NEVER and US Tile matches. Everything else was honestly not worth my time.
    I finally got around to seeing that Phoenix plex thing or whatever which allegedly broke Hiromu's neck. That thing was nasty looking. Isn't that move supposed to be some sort of bridging cradle thing? Either way, that looked really really wrong to me.

Is it just my imagination, or is this sort of thing becoming more prevalent in New Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I finally got around to seeing that Phoenix plex thing or whatever which allegedly broke Hiromu's neck. That thing was nasty looking. Isn't that move supposed to be some sort of bridging cradle thing? Either way, that looked really really wrong to me.

Is it just my imagination, or is this sort of thing becoming more prevalent in New Japan?
    Yeah , Japan has seen a rise in some brutal injuries the past decade. From Hayabusa breaking his neck to one wrestler suffering a fractured skull from such a brutal head butt (his nose bled as a result) .

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Hayabusa’s career ender was way back in 2001 IIRC, and he was certainly a spot guy who injured himself numerous times before that final scary incident. FMW was crazy. But so was ECW and so was Mick Foley. There have been botched moves and career jeopardizing injuries as long as there has been wrestling. Austin almost had his big run taken away with that match against Owen. Hardys anyone?

Dangerous spots are not exclusive to the Japan scene. It is a worldwide issue. The UK guys do insane things. Check out any US Indy show for crazy moves up and down the card as wrestlers try to get them a GIF. Such is the social media era of rasslin, the athleticism of today’s talent and the demands of one-upping the competition.

We want them to be safe and work smart and at the same time demand them to entertain and make us say HOLY SCHNIKES so it puts the business in a tough spot, pun intended.

That Shibata thing though, yeah scary. He works stiff but obviously took it too far.

I really hope Hiromu recovers. He is such an incredible talent with loads of charisma and in ring goods. Even if not in the ring, I hope he is able to physically heal and excel in whatever journey he takes as he seems like the kind of guy that could go far in or out of the business.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Phoenix Plex is supposed to be bridged. I have no idea why Dragon Lee would do a release instead.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Mike and Maria either going back to NXT, or Maria is a surprise entrant in the Mae Young classic:

https://i.redd.it/hp1w9iwazi911.png