Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

soooooo...... Flash #50.......
    I have no beef with Vegans

Flash #50. A very awesome return.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Wasn't Barry Allen's original costume returned to continuity too?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Jon Kent had a poster for the classic New Teen Titans on his wall, with Cyborg as a member.

Astonishing Member

I find it somehow funny that literally every villain (with the only exception of Sivana) appearing in Doomsday Clock is visually (and in some cases, personality-wise) identical to their pre-Flashpoint version: the Riddler, Giganta, Dr Poison, Dr Psycho and so on.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wasn't Barry Allen's original costume returned to continuity too?
    Have they finally gotten rid of the stupid lines on his costume?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Have they finally gotten rid of the stupid lines on his costume?
    Not so much, but Zoom pulled out a classic ring and out popped a version of Barry's classic original costume without the lines that he put on. So while Barry's current costume is still the overly stylized 'busy' costume... they now acknowledge that he DID have an original costume sometime in the past that is definitely pre-flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member

So, it'd appear as though the Ryan Sook variants for Heroes in Crisis reveal that the Death of Superman, Knightfall, and Wonder Woman's killing of Maxwell Lord are all firmly back in continuity.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So, it'd appear as though the Ryan Sook variants for Heroes in Crisis reveal that the Death of Superman, Knightfall, and Wonder Woman's killing of Maxwell Lord are all firmly back in continuity.
    Wonder Woman's past history has been frustratingly vague for far too long. Hopefully, some kind of restoration of the highlights of her past history will coming soon. Nothing too detailed. It's been a giant question mark for years now and Rucka's attempt to transition her from Azzerello's version didn't really accomplish much aside from spending twelve issues to say "None of that stuff happened"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Wonder Woman's past history has been frustratingly vague for far too long. Hopefully, some kind of restoration of the highlights of her past history will coming soon. Nothing too detailed. It's been a giant question mark for years now and Rucka's attempt to transition her from Azzerello's version didn't really accomplish much aside from spending twelve issues to say "None of that stuff happened"
    LOL. True. Though, I was definitely surprised to see all of the old costumes on full display. Now with Batman and Superman back in trunks, how long until you think Diana is back in something closer to her iconic costume?

LOL. True. Though, I was definitely surprised to see all of the old costumes on full display. Now with Batman and Superman back in trunks, how long until you think Diana is back in something closer to her iconic costume?
    I imagine not that soon with how much her movie costume has caught on.

I love all the questions this brings up now. Was Azrael Batman and for how long? Where are all the 90s heroes like Bloodwyn who were in the death of Superman? Did Maxwell Lord kill Ted leading to Wondy killing him, etc. etc.
    Last edited by byrd156; 08-25-2018 at 06:27 AM.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think we'll be getting this any time soon, or at all, seeing as how the current costume is already incredibly similar aesthetically to the classic look without being a full on bathing suit.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Scott Snyder's Justice League run has referenced the events of Cosmic Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Cyborg needs to be retconned out of the JL as a founding member and return as a founding member of the Titans. I'd much rather John Henry Irons established as a founding member and/or replacement of Vic on the JL. He's a fantastic character that's criminally underused and has tremendous potential as the tech/armored hero. I also love the idea that Steel is someone inspired by Superman to become a hero who eventually takes his place alongside Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That would require Superman to have died before the Justice League was formed... I don't care for THAT idea. Giving back Vic's past only to take away John's isn't the answer.

I would rather they quit screwing around with the past. 7 heroes who happen to look white (sometimes) despite the fact that only 3 are actually human isn't the end of the world. If they want PoC in the league... put them in, but stop trying to pretend that they were there all the time.
    Honestly, I'd just leave the founding team as it was and then continue with Cyborg and John Stewart as part of the team in the present. Who exactly was there to found the League at the beginning of the team is more or less irrelevant since it was five years ago and obviously, the team has changed its membership since then. Since they're not actively writing new stories about the original team as it existed five years ago, I don't really see the point.

Just put Cyborg back into his history with the Titans, and if they want him involved with the League, have him as a former Titan that eventually "graduated" to the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Honestly, I'd just leave the founding team as it was and then continue with Cyborg and John Stewart as part of the team in the present. Who exactly was there to found the League at the beginning of the team is more or less irrelevant since it was five years ago and obviously, the team has changed its membership since then. Since they're not actively writing new stories about the original team as it existed five years ago, I don't really see the point.

Just put Cyborg back into his history with the Titans, and if they want him involved with the League, have him as a former Titan that eventually "graduated" to the big time.
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to really dive into who actually founded the Justice League anytime soon, especially with Martian Manhunter being back and his importance to the League being re-emphasized.

Although I also don't expect they'll explicitly refer to Cyborg as a Founder again anytime soon.