Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    SOmewhere on twitter someone made a mention Xavier mentioning his part of the Big Telepathy is COnnection.

Could he use that Connection the same way Kitty did in DoFP? Connect to his descendants in the futures?
    Well there is gonna be a reveal at some point of what exactly is underneath cerebro so it could be connected. I'm guessing it won't be anything pleasant.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Honestly, this was one of the most beautiful X-Men issues ever in my eyes. Each page blew me away but the standouts were definitely the Nightcrawler and Wolverine moment.

While I don't have gripes, I do have to question this plan they had. In HoX #3, we saw Kurt teleport into the station and located each control collar. He was practically on top of them. Why did he not attempt to disengage them then? It looks like all it took was a flip of a switch. Secondly, why did he did then teleport Mystique, Cyclops, and Wolverine so far from their control collars when he literally teleported himself right next to them last issue? From who they chose for the team to this, it seems like the X-Men made this mission much harder than it had to be.

Also, Jean... Did Hickman write this script with time-displaced Jean in mind because she is way too passive in this.
    Teen Jean was way more op than X-Men Red Jean that people accused of being too perfect

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Implying Teen Jeen was the passive one. geez.
    "Cable was right!"

More like '60s Teen Jean. Maybe.

why i have the feeling that at the end they will undo/retcon the genosha massacre and no more mutants ?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Yep. I read that as “a pox on both your houses” — Machines are now a third party in the Man vs. Mutant equation, with their own agenda, vs. always being the humans’ instrument of death. I read stolen fire in the classic sense — Machines are taking the knowledge they have acquired and will use it to destroy Man and Mutant alike.

Dr. Gregor is still alive and Orchis station is presumably still floating. Perhaps after witnessing her husband’s death and MotherMold’s manifesto, Dr. Gregor will help forge an alliance with Mutants now that Machines have declared their independence and intent to destroy everyone.
    I think that Dr. Gregor might go the opposite way. She was quite mad at the end of the incursion. She might go full Purifier level of craziness at this point.

Also, I think the Mother Mold went crazy because she was activated too soon.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It's interesting that the gods are the humans and the titans are the mutants. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Mutants came from the humans, so they should be the gods.
    Hickman might have been referring to mankind as a primordial God like Gaia or Uranus (Earth and a sky.) By specifically naming the mutants as Titans, the mothermold was referencing The Titan's revolt against Uranus where Kronus became the king of heaven by castrating his father with a scyth. That makes the Sentinels the Olympians who will overthrow the Titans in the Titanomachy and become the rulers of all creation. Or, she was just randomly spitting out words because Doctor Gregor woke her too soon, and she was bug nuts effin' crazy.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Am I the only one who thought before Kurt and Logan's sacrifice that it was going to be Scott?

I don't know, glasses off and tear down everything he could from the base before dying. I couldn't think of Logan CUTING that in space.

This issue felt so real and visceral.
    We were expecting for the x-jet explosion being just a cliffhanger, but it was not.
    Soldiers died or got injured even before landing.
    Doctor Gregor's grief and vengeance is understandable.
    Every X-men' sacrifice was beautifully sad.

It's pretty clear that they will come back. But it's a great story anyway.

Loved "The pretender Wanda Maximoff" and X-force by Kyle and Yost reference.

One panel has me thinking of something. Xavier said the powers of 8. What if what ever leads to the dawn of x is in part caused by the powers of 10 mutants acting as one. I remember mentioning it before but their are 10 Omega mutants aligned with Krakoa once Exodus shows up. But if Jean is gone perhaps quentin is the other omega telepath because they need one for whatever they are going to do when they get it right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hypothesis on how this is the 616 and Hickman keeps the X-men alive (that we know are in Dawn of X)

Wolverine is falling into the sun with Mother Mold. But being Mother Mold she can create sentinels and may have enough time to produce some to boost her out of her descent into the sun. Since Wolverine is nearby he may have fallen into her mouth or something, gets picked up and regenerates.

Jean we have no idea what the sentinels did to her. Her connection was just severed but it looked like she was barely able to communicate from that long of a distance with Xavier. So they may have captured her. She's a bit of an unreliable narrator in this situation since she is not actually seeing what's going on.

Cyclops got shot but Karmina also put nanites in his head. Those could regenerate the wounds.

M is supposed to be invulnerable so no idea how they neutralized her. She may just killed all the guards, then used their comms to say they neutralized the mutants, and will use archangel/husk as 'proof' that the mutants were neutralized while she dresses up in their uniform.

Husk, Archangel, Nightcralwer are probably all dead and that was an intentional decision by Hickman.
    *Archangel is a mess of a character so maybe they don't want to deal with him going forward. Nightcrawler has been a 'problem' for marvel since they hate paying John Bryne's family everytime they use him, which is why he was killed off for so long last time. Husk is really the only 'why did she get picked to die' character.

Mystique is a ????? due to the fact she did get sucked upwards but they seem to have planted a story hook with whatever she was doing when she was 'turned around'.

I also think the 'pod people' are being introduced in the coming issues. Xavier is upset, Sinister offers to make clones, we see that 'to me my X-Men' scene. And then they turn on them (like the Life 9 versions), fight happens, the X-Men stop them and at some point the survivors from Orchid show up. Either to help stop the new pod people or when the sentinels show up.
    Last edited by JamJams; 09-04-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One panel has me thinking of something. Xavier said the powers of 8. What if what ever leads to the dawn of x is in part caused by the powers of 10 mutants acting as one. I remember mentioning it before but their are 10 Omega mutants aligned with Krakoa once Exodus shows up. But if Jean is gone perhaps quentin is the other omega telepath because they need one for whatever they are going to do when they get it right.
    That could explain that no other omega went to the mission

Jean was the exception because you try to tell her that Scott and Logan go on a suicide mission without her and she wrecks you.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Am I the only one who thought before Kurt and Logan's sacrifice that it was going to be Scott?

I don't know, glasses off and tear down everything he could from the base before dying. I couldn't think of Logan CUTING that in space.
    You'll go nuts if you think about it logically. To hold something the size of the Mother mold, that control collar had to have been huge. Wolverine's claws are only seventeen inches long and their penetrating power ends at his knuckles and his reach ends with his stubby arms. If he slashed the side of a house, would the house suddenly slide apart in two pieces? No. Wolverine's claws make no sense.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Spectacular Member

Where do I start with my opinion about HoX#4? It's so far the worst issue of all for me because all this mission didn't make sense from the beginning to the end! In fact, I enjoyed it in some way because I laughed so hard(seriously).
    In my mind, right now X-Men=LOSERS!
    They acted like novice even the Avengers Academy seems professional compared to them.
    They are the new New Warriors from Civil War or how to be dumb enough to die!
    Half of this team are not the best for this mission: Angel/Husk/M/Mystique/Kurt when you could(must) choose Magneto and/or Polaris/Trinary/Rogue/Kitty/Magic/Piotr/Bobby are much powerful choice.
    For the Jean's role, well, why she needed to do all of this when Cerebro had done better? Why the Cuckoos and Storm needed to do this USELESS show when you have Cerebro or Cerebra? If Jean can barely maintain the telepathic communication use Rachel who can communicate from another galaxy! Hickman failed to use properly the X-Men here and I'm very afraid for the writting of the regular X-Men book. I give it a 1/10 and I'm generous because it made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    You'll go nuts if you think about it logically. To hold something the size of the Mother mold, that control collar had to have been huge. Wolverine's claws are only seventeen inches long and their penetrating power ends at his knuckles and his reach ends with his stubby arms. If he slashed the side of a house, would the house suddenly slide apart in two pieces? No. Wolverine's claws make no sense.
    Maybe it was the last use of hot claws.

And the only good one.

Rest in peace, #hotclaws.