Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Probably because we’re still getting Thor movies.
    Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I mean, she's LITERALLY Thor. Same powers, remarkably similar suit (at least in comics, obviously the MCU version could go a different way). I'm not sure how she's any different from War Machine or US Agent. That's a pretty hard stretch you're selling.
    In the comics she literally got the same persona as Thor too, but considering Waititi ditched most resemblance to classic Thor and I'm not sure if Portman will do a "voice" that might not be a factor here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the comics she literally got the same persona as Thor too, but considering Waititi ditched most resemblance to classic Thor and I'm not sure if Portman will do a "voice" that might not be a factor here.
    I think the new Thor still has some of his Shakespearean rhythm. He's just less overt about it

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    We're not getting a Thor legacy though as far as I know. There's no Beta Ray Bill or either Thunderstrike confirmed to appear at any point.
    Jane's a legacy, just not a "sidekick turned replacement" legacy.

Maybe Hemsworth will stick around and play Thor for years to come, or maybe Portman signed up for her own Thor trilogy, or maybe Marvel will keep both around, who knows? I figure, I'm going into this next phase of the MCU assuming the old guard is being phased out, and if anyone sticks around longer than their next appearance then that's just bonus.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jane's a legacy, just not a "sidekick turned replacement" legacy.

Maybe Hemsworth will stick around and play Thor for years to come, or maybe Portman signed up for her own Thor trilogy, or maybe Marvel will keep both around, who knows? I figure, I'm going into this next phase of the MCU assuming the old guard is being phased out, and if anyone sticks around longer than their next appearance then that's just bonus.
    I discussed this with someone else here, but I was specifically referring to "sidekick/legacy character turned replacement". She is part of the old guard, all the way from Thor 1. I'm not opposed to her at all, I'm just observing it's not the same as Ironheart, Ms Marvel or even Scott Lang.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So what would this show be about, aside from the obvious?

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's not confirmed yet but Variety is a reliable source so it may already be.

Extraordinary Member

Between this and the rumored Nomad show, these Disney + shows may lead into spin-offs rather than second seasons for some.

I think Loki is the only confirmed second season so far.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Between this and the rumored Nomad show, these Disney + shows may lead into spin-offs rather than second seasons for some.

I think Loki is the only confirmed second season so far.
    What would Nomad be about?

And who else could show up in Echo?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Really surprised about the Echo spin-off. If they're doing that for who I'm assuming will be a somewhat smaller character, there's no way they don't already have something in the cards for Kate, right? Specially with a big star like Hailee Steinfeld attached. I'm fully expecting a second season with Hailee as the lead, or at least a Young Avengers project as a direct continuation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Really surprised about the Echo spin-off. If they're doing that for who I'm assuming will be a somewhat smaller character, there's no way they don't already have something in the cards for Kate, right? Specially with a big star like Hailee Steinfeld attached. I'm fully expecting a second season with Hailee as the lead, or at least a Young Avengers project as a direct continuation.
    I assume Kate will be in some kind of Young Avengers project

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder if they'd do a Kate thing where she's doing the PI thing and that's how they bring Jessica Jones back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True. I'm talking more about the structure of it. Jane came around the same time as Thor, like Pepper did with Tony. Whereas someone like Cassie Lang or Billy & Tommy are more recent characters based on the template of older characters. Thor doesn't seem to be getting that in the MCU
    Cassie came along at the same time as Scott too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie came along at the same time as Scott too.
    True, but she was a kid though. I mean when she became a hero.