Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Ha! Fish already received points for favorite debut of 2019 at the X-books award voting. Funny how some instantly become popular.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Damn you think? I throughly enjoyed it...even the last few issues weren’t that bad. But I’ve heard this sentiment before :/ Can you give me the jist of Why it’s so bad??
    I thoroughly enjoyed Wood's 8 issue run. Even though the proto-mutant thing made no sense(there are plenty of fully fledged mutants that predate them by centuries), he wrote a competent and willful Ororo during a time where everyone was riding Scott's d all day. Even if the feud with Piotr was a bit contrived, the feelings came through and the art was crisp. But the all female team run just didn't work. Sure Coipel art is always a treat(but he only did the first arc), but the story was horrible/boring. Rehashing Piotr's insubordination with Rachel made even less sense, and there was no enjoyable emotional arc, so it was all for naught.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Fish is cool.
    The Coolest!
    #MagnetoWasRight

I am living for this take on St. John.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Ha! Fish already received points for favorite debut of 2019 at the X-books award voting. Funny how some instantly become popular.
    yeah but why?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Good preview although I didn't like the part where the reader has to guess that the bad guy dropped down from the sky. Geez.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Yeah, to hell with paragon, renegade for life

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Good preview although I didn't like the part where the reader has to guess that the bad guy dropped down from the sky. Geez.
    Huh? You mean in the bit where he drops from the sky?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While he dropped out/showed up from 'nowhere'...suspension of disbelief would indicate he's either:
    A flyer or A jumper...coming from one of the ships Pyro is attacking....since he landed in the water in front of the children to cut them off.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Huh? You mean in the bit where he drops from the sky?
    This 200 pound bastard falls out of the sky and the water barely splashes AND he's standing upright? Might as well bring back Liefield if you can't pull this off.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This 200 pound bastard falls out of the sky and the water barely splashes AND he's standing upright? Might as well bring back Liefield if you can't pull this off.
    Oh c'mon. It even says Boom! and his voice is coming from above in the previous panel.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And his name is Paragon...you know...a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence. In this case: strength and durability and who knows what else.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I guess the sound effect, splash, movement lines and braced pose are kind of subtle. Maybe if they’d got Lord Claremont to write a caption explaining the action and the new character’s powers?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Google tells me that the Portuguese word for Paragon is Modelo, so I'd like to think he's named after the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I guess the sound effect, splash, movement lines and braced pose are kind of subtle. Maybe if they’d got Lord Claremont to write a caption explaining the action and the new character’s powers?
    God I love the snarkiness of this, pure gold. Thank you!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.