Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So like Ivy would be B:TAS style and not a full-on plant goddess?
    Exactly. Like what is that even about?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    issue 126 is my shit!!

i hope u guys avoid spoilers because the last page is gonna send shockwaves through this series

chip is the man!
    Care to share all in a PM to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Exactly. Like what is that even about?!
    For some reason some people think that since she is connected to the green then she should be as powerful as Swamp Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    For some reason some people think that since she is connected to the green then she should be as powerful as Swamp Thing.
    Or at least that she has the power to control plants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Care to share all in a PM to me?
    How were you able to get a book that won't be released in 2 weeks and if its true, mind if you PM me?

BANNED

Today's Catwoman adds more context to that that Bruce/Selina scene btw.

Extraordinary Member

I guess for me on an ongoing basis it depends what kind of Batman story it needs to be. I like a pretty comprehensive Batman myself.
    Like I said, I don't mind all the toys and everything, but when things go too far, sometimes you can't help but wonder if the Bat Shark Repellent I hiding somewhere in his utility belt, too. And while I love the '66 Batman, I'd prefer him to have his own Earth separate from the mainline one.

I understand the appeal of a bare bones Batman even if it feels like it would be hard to keep that going unless you continually scale back the villains and stories.
    One thing I like about the Black Label Batman mini One Dark Knight by Jock is that the whole premise is that as the story progresses, he realizes that he really doesn't need all the tech and gadgets he's been relying on the whole time. It's kind of refreshing, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Like I said, I don't mind all the toys and everything, but when things go too far, sometimes you can't help but wonder if the Bat Shark Repellent I hiding somewhere in his utility belt, too. And while I love the '66 Batman, I'd prefer him to have his own Earth separate from the mainline one.
    The Bat-Shark Repellent's become a pretty fun meme .
    One thing I like about the Black Label Batman mini One Dark Knight by Jock is that the whole premise is that as the story progresses, he realizes that he really doesn't need all the tech and gadgets he's been relying on the whole time. It's kind of refreshing, quite frankly.
    Definitely his base instincts and skills can take him far, but to a point, I feel.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely his base instincts and skills can take him far, but to a point, I feel.
    I guess it just depends on what kind of Batman and Batman story interests you. I mean, I like bare bones Miller Batman and I like intergalactic space Sprang Batman, but I've never liked the idea that they're the same Batman. I feel like it just takes away from both.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I guess it just depends on what kind of Batman and Batman story interests you. I mean, I like bare bones Miller Batman and I like intergalactic space Sprang Batman, but I've never liked the idea that they're the same Batman. I feel like it just takes away from both.
    I guess I fit somewhere in the middle when it comes to "general" Batman.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Today's Catwoman adds more context to that that Bruce/Selina scene btw.
    If by "adds more context" you mean basically changes the scene completely then sure.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I fit somewhere in the middle when it comes to "general" Batman.
    Maybe Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams Batman?

Maybe Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams Batman?
    I would've said more like B:TAS or 90's Batman.

Extraordinary Member

I would've said more like B:TAS or 90's Batman.
    Timm & Co. borrowed heavily from the O'Neil/Adams run, so that makes sense. Honestly? While I read most of the Bat books on and off at the time, the '90s were not my favorite era for Batman. For me it's pretty much Grant/Breyfogle then Rucka/Martinburough.

Timm & Co. borrowed heavily from the O'Neil/Adams run, so that makes sense. Honestly? While I read most of the Bat books on and off at the time, the '90s were not my favorite era for Batman. For me it's pretty much Grant/Breyfogle then Rucka/Martinburough.
    I just see it as B:TAS or 90's Batman had all the general gadgets and vehicles people expect from Batman but it didn't necesarilly dominate the story or went overboard and then he eventually transitioned into the Justice League.