Page 1 of 117 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default The Original Ant-Man!: Hank Pym Appreciation

To be honest, I don't really care for the Avengers all that much. However, there are two characters that I really enjoy:Captain America and the character in question today, Hank Pym! I love that he's a misunderstood scientist that grapples with his own mental problems and inferiority complex, but still comes out on top to be a great hero. I love the classic Ant-Man stories from Tales to Astonish and I even liked Hank as Yellowjacket. So here's to an awesome, underrated character.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I'm a huge Pym fan. But you won't find many of us on here.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I like him, my favorite orginal Avenger after Thor
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    I'm a huge Pym fan. But you won't find many of us on here.
    Yeah, we Pym fans are few and far between. Most of the hate towards the character seems to come from Scott Lang fans.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

If this didn't make me pump my fist as a Hank Pym fan, I don't know what would.

I always liked him as Yellowjacket the most

Love Hank Pym. Probably my second favorite Avengers, right after Wonder Man. Hate it when writers start dewlling on his weaknesses and failures instead of on his strengths and successes

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Yeah, we Pym fans are few and far between. Most of the hate towards the character seems to come from Scott Lang fans.
    Yes, and there is a certain entusiastic Scott Lang fan that, if he re=registered, will surely come on knocking and raising hell for your using the Ant_man identity on the title of this thread.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes, and there is a certain entusiastic Scott Lang fan that, if he re=registered, will surely come on knocking and raising hell for your using the Ant_man identity on the title of this thread.

Peace
    I actually put that Ant Man name in the title specifically just in case old Monty Cristo came knocking.

This made me laugh.

Love Hank Pym. Amazing character. Sad to see Avengers A.I. cancelled. It was a fun book and I really liked seeing Pym lead again. Wondering what Marvel will do with him next?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Love Hank Pym. Amazing character. Sad to see Avengers A.I. cancelled. It was a fun book and I really liked seeing Pym lead again. Wondering what Marvel will do with him next?
    I think he should join the illuminati. He fit the group in the alternate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I always liked him as Yellowjacket the most
    Opposite for me. I like him the most like he was in most of EMH. GiAnt-Man. Alternating between the two. And I have no disrespect for Scott Lang. I really like him. I just think Hank is where it started, so he should get top billing.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I think he should join the illuminati. He fit the group in the alternate universe.
    Couldn't agree more. I wanted him to be the next one to join the Illuminati, but it's Banner that joined.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-05-2014 at 01:25 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

My favorite Pym identities are 1.)Scientist Supreme 2.)Wasp 3.)Yellowjacket. I like Ant-Man, Giant-Man and Goliath, but the 3 I named are my favorite.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Yes, Hank would fit the team extremely well
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47