Page 1817 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 817131717171767180718131814181518161817181818191820182118271867 ... LastLast
Results 27,241 to 27,255 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    You mean you weren't planning to watch it already? Dinosaurs man!

(Btw did you change your user-name?)
    Haha I can’t lie, I was gonna anyway. (And yea I did!)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

Whoa man, not seen you for ages! Also you got a user-name change too, I see.
    Haha, I sort of gave up after JL. WB doesn't know how to handle their movies, at least not DC ones anyways.

I have hopes for Wan's Aquaman, and that's about it. And maybe WW2 (tbh, I didn't like WW very much, it was okay). At this point, I think they should focus on Vertigo/other titles than superhero ones (or maybe do one-off series..like Question and such). I don't necessarily see anything new in all these superhero movies.

Here's hoping that the merger results in better leadership in WB.
    Last edited by Triple J; 06-13-2018 at 07:33 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Steve Trevor is back in Wonder Woman 84. Patty Jenkins just released this:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...-1984-photo%2F
    Patty Jenkins got the clothing right it's a weird thing to concentrate on but one of the things I love about Stranger Things is how right they got the look of 83 and 84 while X-Men Apocalypse's style choices were more late 80's in many characters looks and it's just something that irks me as someone who grew up in the 80's. Most people when thinking of 80's fashions think of the late 80's while the early and mid 80's looked completely different and it's just something that I appreciate when done right. So bravo to Patty and WW84.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I think one thing is certain for the merger. WB is going to have a much better idea of where they're heading for the future. Hence? They'll be able to plan better.

I think this impending merger, combined with an overambitious desire to catch up to Marvel, really were the biggest contributors to the DCEU's woes. An uncertain future makes it difficult to think long-term.

Heck, part of the motivation to try and catch up with Marvel may have been to try and make WB a more attractive purchase for AT&T. "Look at us! We're on our way to having a CBM universe st least as good as Marvel's! Buy us!"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Warner Bros. Shifts DC Strategy Amid Executive Change-Up: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-moves-1119489

I don't really like the sound of this at all. More corporate involvement over creative seems like a death knell. I mean Harley in a BoP movie? Geeze talk about needing a clue. A shame too since I don't watch MCU movies I was hoping the DCEU got it together but they're clearly not interested in making the right repairs. No reason a Batfleck solo couldn't have happened and still be it's own thing.

I'll skip Matt Reeves' Batman movie. Not really a fan of the guy anyway. Saw one movie from him that I thought was ok. The rest bored me. I'm also not up for another Batman reboot at this time. We already had a young Batman trilogy from a filmmaker infinitely more talented than Reeves and it was uneven as frick. Seems to me like hollywood directors are just too one dimensional when it comes Batman and I'm sick of it.

As for DCEU Batman? If Affleck wants out kill him off then and replace him with Grayson. Bring in Bruce's long lost son Damian and basically make the DCEU Batverse a loose adaptation of the Grant Morrison Batman Reborn era from the comics going forward. Now that would be interesting and different for Batman on film and better reflective of Batman's true range. Plus Grayson always fit the collective DCU better than Bruce did. Of course they would never think of that.

I'll watch Aquaman, WW'84 and Shazam! But I think I'm out after that.
    Last edited by Broddie; 06-13-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    I enjoy comic book adaptations but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost. Not a comic book movie fan.

So the Joker origin movie seems to be getting fast tracked. I don’t think it makes sense to have a 45 year old actor in Juaquin Phoenix playing a young Joker. And I also hate the idea of giving the Joker an official origin story. Maybe this is why Geoff Johns is writing his 3 Jokers series. To cover up the fact that Hollywood wants him to have an official origin. The 3 Jokers story will at least allow them to keep some ambiguity. Despite Scorsese’s involment I still have zero interest in this movie.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/13/j...-small-budget/
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-13-2018 at 11:14 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

This week's been an interesting one, hasn't it? To get to the big items...

DC/WB's structure sounds like a freaking disaster. I get that they're trying to straighten things up, but, yeesh, no wonder things are messed up over there.

I'm sick of hearing competing will Affleck/won't Affleck come back or will Reeve's/won't Reeve's recast Batman stories every freaking week. It's tedious and obnoxious. Bottom line is: if it's Affleck, I'm in. If it's anybody else but him (or maybe Jensen Ackles, though that'd never happen), then I'm out.

I'm still down for Aquaman (psyched that there's a trailer coming this week!), the Wonder Woman sequel and Green Lantern Corps (assuming that one actually happens). Everything else, barring a surprise Man of Steel sequel, gets a big "Meh" from me. Not saying I won't see other movies: I just have to see something from them to get me interested.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

If Reeves truly reboot Batman to have a younger Bruce Wayne, I'll be out of the DCEU. I don't want to see a young Batman coming to terms with his choices and discovering himself as a hero. If I want to see that, despite the fact that I don't really like them now, I'll always have Nolan's trilogy. Just fucking introduce Grayson, make him become Batman and voila, no need to basically say "You know what? Forgot all our previous movies". Because a Batman reboot, except if it was to happen in the past of the DCEU, would basically destroy all the previous movies with a Batman, and it's not just a secondary character like Rhodey was in Iron Man and Iron Man 2. They would need to recast everyone to have me even considering watching another movie of their.

I'm interested in Aquaman, Shazam and extremely wary now of WW 1984, since Steve Trevor could make a comeback, which would be totally stupid IMHO and destroy one of the best thing of the original, the sacrifice at the end to truly cement that no victory can be achieved without paying a price. But we'll see I guess.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Haha, I sort of gave up after JL. WB doesn't know how to handle their movies, at least not DC ones anyways.

I have hopes for Wan's Aquaman, and that's about it. And maybe WW2 (tbh, I didn't like WW very much, it was okay). At this point, I think they should focus on Vertigo/other titles than superhero ones (or maybe do one-off series..like Question and such). I don't necessarily see anything new in all these superhero movies.

Here's hoping that the merger results in better leadership in WB.
    I hear ya yeah ever since JL I've also been less invested in the DCEU only real care being Aquaman and WW sequel.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

WB should just take the cast from their tv shows and make movies with them. They already have a great young Bruce Wayne/Batman with Gotham. They already have a beloved Flash on the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    So I take it Patty just confirmed Wonder Woman 84 is the official title?
    I really don't care for that title .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Interesting. The theme that he’s her “ghost” that somewhat haunts her conscience or feelings on humanity is an inteuiging theme imo.
    I think if he were a ghost he would probably still be wearing the exact same outfit he was wearing the last time Diana saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So the Joker origin movie seems to be getting fast tracked. I don’t think it makes sense to have a 45 year old actor in Juaquin Phoenix playing a young Joker. And I also hate the idea of giving the Joker an official origin story. Maybe this is why Geoff Johns is writing his 3 Jokers series. To cover up the fact that Hollywood wants him to have an official origin. The 3 Jokers story will at least allow them to keep some ambiguity. Despite Scorsese’s involment I still have zero interest in this movie.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/13/j...-small-budget/
    As I understand it the movie will be a sort of Elseworld, so an older Joker in an origin story in the 70s won't affect him in the other movies...which actually makes me a hundred times more excited for this then I otherwise would be. A more Elseworld non-continuity film series detached from the rest of the DCEU might be good.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    WB should just take the cast from their tv shows and make movies with them. They already have a great young Bruce Wayne/Batman with Gotham. They already have a beloved Flash on the CW.
    lol. Sorry, but nobody is going to be okay with that movie casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I love the Flash series, but no. Keep TV and films separate please. I never understood the TV to movie argument or desire.