Page 85 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 20743
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Amazon currently has Marvel '90's Firsts at 63% off. Its $46 right now.
    It needs to get lower for me to get interested.
    $10 and I will bite. Come on Amazon do the right thing..........
    I kid you not: Even $10 and free shipping I wouldn't buy this abortion.
    I wish Marvel would do the right thing, and publish something that readers want to read.
    I'm not so sure it'd be a deal at 90% off.
    You guys say that now. However, I recall people dropping the $4 to get that abortion of a book Marvel NOW when that Amazon Marketplace Seller did that. Many showed no signs of interest in The Stand either till the now infamous Amazon price mixup dropped it to $10 as well.
    Now, I didn't get one cause random #1 issues don't interest me. I'm not super excited about this book but it does have characters I like and some of them are at least a few issues of the characters intro. At $10-15usd I'd bite.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    UXM 4 would collect UXM #176-209
    The question is whether or not there are miniseries or other to collect like in volume 3 with Wolverine & Magik..
    Does the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine mini fit that time period?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

AVENGERS BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS Cover:

Collecting WEST COAST AVENGERS (1985) #42-46, AVENGERS WEST COAST #47-62 and ANNUAL #4, AVENGERS (1963) #305-318 and ANNUAL #18, and material from AVENGERS SPOTLIGHT #23 and WHAT THE--?! #6.

AVENGERS: TIME RUNS OUT OHC Cover:

Collecting AVENGERS (2012) #35-44 and NEW AVENGERS (2013) #24-33.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS MS. MARVEL VOL. 2 HC Cover:

Collecting MS. MARVEL (1977) #15-23, and AVENGERS (1963) #200 and ANNUAL #10 — plus material from MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #10-11, AVENGERS (1963) #197-199 and MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #24.

Mighty Member

So how do you all think this time runs out hc will affect the avengers/na hc releases. This would wrap up everything b4 secret wars right? Will marvel still release the same material for each respective hc again like infinity? I'm just trying to figure out how to collect this whole mess. Marvel seems to be all over the place with hickmans run.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    So how do you all think this time runs out hc will affect the avengers/na hc releases. This would wrap up everything b4 secret wars right? Will marvel still release the same material for each respective hc again like infinity? I'm just trying to figure out how to collect this whole mess. Marvel seems to be all over the place with hickmans run.
    The story pretty much goes issue by issue between the two books for TRO. I've heard it's pretty hard to read separately.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    You guys say that now. However, I recall people dropping the $4 to get that abortion of a book Marvel NOW when that Amazon Marketplace Seller did that. Many showed no signs of interest in The Stand either till the now infamous Amazon price mixup dropped it to $10 as well.
    Now, I didn't get one cause random #1 issues don't interest me. I'm not super excited about this book but it does have characters I like and some of them are at least a few issues of the characters intro. At $10-15usd I'd bite.
    That's true, but as the one who used the phrase "abortion" I shall sign an oath that I will not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Yes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Yep. I would guess that that one would be included in a UXM omni because it had impact on the main title; and that was back when if there was a miniseries, they would actually write those characters out of the main book for the corresponding time. (IIRC, Wolverine and Kitty were both gone from UXM for a few months.)

There are a bunch of minis from around that time period, some of which likely wouldn't get included in potential omnis. "X-Men and the Micronauts" wouldn't for rights issues. The Iceman and Beauty and the Beast (Dazzler/Beast) minis are neither very well regarded nor had much impact on continuity, so I'd bet on them being left out of any omnis. Probably the Nightcrawler mini too, fun as it was. The Longshot miniseries is great, but also would probably get left out due to minimal impact on continuity and him being a fairly obscure X-character. And the Fallen Angels mini would probably be left out of hypothetical New Mutants omnis. I'd also bet on exclusion of the "Mephisto vs..." miniseries (two issues of which featured the X-Men and X-Factor). Notably, the only one of those minis written by Claremont was the Micronauts one.

On the other hand, X-Men vs. Fantastic Four is 1) written by Claremont and 2) resolves Kitty's post-Mutant Massacre status, plus sets up for Excalibur, so that probably would be included in an omni or OHC covering the gap between MM and Fall of the Mutants. X-Men vs. the Avengers is a bit dicier -- it's not written by Claremont (not that Roger Stern is chopped liver... but on the other hand, he also disagreed with the ending and didn't write the last issue), but it does partially set Magneto on the road back toward villainy. Purely a guess, but I'd bet on its inclusion, if for no other reason than the popularity of the Avengers these days.

Then of course there's X-Men: Heroes for Hope. I have to imagine the rights issues on that would be a nightmare, so no way that's included in anything.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that with the release of the Avengers by Byrne omni and the upcoming Death of Mockingbird trade, we now have the entirety of Avengers West Coast reprinted (albeit across different formats)? I stated so in another thread, but maybe someone here can confirm?

Unrelated - I just canceled my pre-order for the Waid Captain America Epic Collection, thanks to kodave's post. I already have all the material in the MPC hardcovers and the Avengers: First Sign trade (of which I was one of only 9 people who bought it).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Looks like we're getting a Jack Kirby's The Mighty Thor Artist's Edition next year, collecting three whole issues (#111, 117, 118) and some other stuff:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...-so-much-more/
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-16-2015 at 10:29 AM.

What's the best of the current Cap Epics?

What's the material like in the upcoming Wolverine Epic? I loved the first but realise they are completely different periods and creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    What's the best of the current Cap Epics?
    Streets of Poison or Society of Serpents, imo.

What's the material like in the upcoming Wolverine Epic? I loved the first but realise they are completely different periods and creators.
    Mostly awful. Hama had lost it at that point, and Kubert's art was just plain ugly. YMMV.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that with the release of the Avengers by Byrne omni and the upcoming Death of Mockingbird trade, we now have the entirety of Avengers West Coast reprinted (albeit across different formats)? I stated so in another thread, but maybe someone here can confirm?
    Is 76-91 reprinted anywhere yet? I'm unaware of any TPB or HC that covers these issues between "Along Came a Spider-Woman" and "Death of Mockingbird".

Edit: Thanks to a quick check of Krisis' guide, I found Ultron Unbound and the Galactic Storm volumes. This still leaves 76-79 and 83-88 unaccounted for, however. The two Galactic Storm volumes are from 2006 and could use a reprint of their own too.
    Last edited by Near Mint; 12-16-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Is 76-91 reprinted anywhere yet? I'm unaware of any TPB or HC that covers these issues between "Along Came a Spider-Woman" and "Death of Mockingbird".
    Hmmm... off the top of my head I know that #89-91 + an annual are contained in the Ultron Unbound trade that came out around the time of the last movie. There's also the OOP Operation: Galactic Storm trades that had #80-82.

So that would leave #76-79, 83-88 orphaned unless there's a collection floating around that I'm unaware of... Damn. We're almost there!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009