Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default Superman March 2015 Solicits

(This is the big one, folks)

ACTION COMICS #50
    Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER
    Art and cover by AARON KUDER
    Polybagged variant cover by MARTIN ANSIN
    On sale MARCH 9 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
    Clark battles his way through Vandal Savage’s hordes to reclaim what is rightfully his—the Fortress of Solitude and his birthright! This epic anniversary issue leads to the finale of “Savage Dawn” in this month’s SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #27 and SUPERMAN #50!

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #27
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    Cover by ED BENES
    Polybagged variant cover by CHARLIE ADLARD
    On sale MARCH 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    “Savage Dawn” continues from this month’s ACTION COMICS #50! A comet drawn by Vandal Savage to Earth is wreaking havoc across the globe—and empowering his children in the most dangerous way possible!

SUPERMAN #50
    Written by GENE LUEN YANG
    Art by HOWARD PORTER
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    Polybagged variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    On sale MARCH 16 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
    Superman returns in all his glory in this very special issue that sees the Man of Steel back to full power as he faces his greatest enemy and also comes face to face with the pre-Flashpoint Kal-El! At last, it’s the meeting of the Supermen you’ve been waiting for!
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 12-14-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Buh-bye

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #30
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by ROBSON ROCHA
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Polybagged variant cover by TONY MOORE
    Blank variant cover
    On sale MARCH 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    The mystery of why Batman and Superman were brought into a cosmic murder case is revealed—and the ramifications for Superman are huge!

SUPERMAN: LOIS & CLARK #6
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by LEE WEEKS and MARCO SANTUCCI
    On sale MARCH 23 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Can even this Superman save Lois from the deadly vengeance of Intergang? Or will young Jon have to be the one to step up to this challenge?
    Buh-bye

SUPERMAN: THE COMING OF THE SUPERMEN #2
    Written by NEAL ADAMS
    Art and cover by NEAL ADAMS
    On sale MARCH 2 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
    The terror of Apokolips continues as the combined might of Kal-El and the warriors from Kandor fight back against Darkseid’s legions!

SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN #5
    Written by MAX LANDIS
    Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    1:25 Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    On sale MARCH 16 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 7, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Now regularly patrolling the skies of Metropolis as an anonymous figure known to some as “the flying man,” 24 year old Clark Kent has become a local celebrity. But when he overhears a report on his police scanner about a 20-foot-tall purple monstrosity that’s tearing the city apart...Clark encounters real power for the first time.
    Buh-bye

I see they STILL can't decide what belt they want him to wear, lol. I'm not going to complain though, I'm just glad the costume and powers will be back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

That Kuder cover is amazing.

I was hoping they would use losing his costume to the fortress as an opportunity to lose the armor look of the costume, so opportunity wasted.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I like the look on the Superman/WW cover. No needless lines and over complicated crap....just essentially the classic look with a different belt and no trunks. For Rao's sake, DC, it's not THAT damned complicated!!!!! Just look at that...put yellow on the belt somewhere...and you got the look to use for the comics counterpart.

American Alien looks fun, as does the Adams book. I for one am glad we are getting rid of TRUTH and all that. It's good to see Supes in the Red and Blue with his powers.

BANNED

Great that his powers are back!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Great cover by Kuder, fantastic. Unfortunately I won't be picking it up. Pak does zilch for me, and that solicit also sounds awful. Like usual. Guaranteed this will start another event in a month.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-14-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just Lois and Clark and the Neal Adams book for me.

Maybe Superman #50

I like the costume of SM/WW...why can't we keep that?

Definitely getting Action Comics #50, SMWW #27, and American Alien #5

Will probably check out Coming of the Superman #2

Not sure about Superman #50 ... I really miss JR Jr and Geoff Johns (pardon the broken record)

It seems that Hal is going to face Pre-Flashpoint Parallax as well.

Amazing Member

Everything here except Coming of the Superman, I just can't seem to find any energy to try and support that book.

Glad we're finally getting Superman back up to power, was hoping a new costume was coming with that.

When I saw a small preview image of the Superman #50 cover, I actually thought it was Superman flying next to his Electric Blue costume,

I'm excited to see what the meeting of two Superman, can't wait to see where that's heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It seems that Hal is going to face Pre-Flashpoint Parallax as well.
    That might be worth checking out.

Anyway, glad to see the powers and suit return, but mostly just because DC has shied away from what made TRUTH interesting and turned it into a generic crossover story. If this Event had maintained the quality we saw in the first few issues I'd be quite happy to see it continue. But as it stands its just a reminder of what it should have been. So, yeah, I welcome the powers coming back.

American Alien looks real fun. I had my doubts, but damn if it isnt becoming the Super-title I look forward to the most.

Also, Superdad showing up and meeting his younger counterpart? Either gonna be a blast or a complete train wreck. Cant wait to find out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm down with the four main titles as usual. Have little doubt Action will be amazing again with the crossover over (the only question is does Berganza let them tell their own tales for a good long while this time before throwing another event their way). I look forward to seeing what Yang does with a "normal" Superman, look forward to seeing Taylor take on B/S, and am very much hoping that Tomasi can redeem himself from the past few issues of SM/WW, which had just terrible and violent characterizations.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El