Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

That is a great piece by Laura Braga, and I love the idea of Spiral somehow wielding nunchucks with 3 swords and 6 arms! Her eye makeup is on-point too, and I'm such a sucker for the classic furry legwarmers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Subscribed!

By Laura Braga
    For me, it needs to have the to me cool headgear that the character originally sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh wow! That's crazy! Theories on the dad?
    Just please don't make it Wolverine and give each hand one claw.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

SPOILER from Mr. & Mrs. X #10

Nature of the baby revealed.

I'm so glad that Spiral's played a relevant role, not the usual wallpaper villain --even more, this story seems to have had an important effect in her future development and it's consistent with the character, so I'm anxious to see her soon and to know what she's plaining to do with her life far away from Mojo.

As for Mojo, on the other hand, I highly regret that his absurd 'romantic issue' hasn't been forgotten and buried. 'X-Men Black: Mojo' is the most OOC story I've ever read, it made me sick. Major Domo is not a villain, just an acolyte. Mojo doesn't think neither talk that way, of course he would never have personal feelings about anybody, by no means he would fall in love neither make friends. Writers keep forgetting that he's royally demented, that's he's not an amusing buffoon but an atrocious creature.

So as far as I know, this issue is 50/50 satisfying/disappointing for me.

BANNED

X-Men #32 May 1994
    "Soul Possessions Part Two: The Leopards and the Cats"
    Psylocke attacks Spiral, demanding that she explain her connection to Kwannon. The other X-Men join the attack,

but Spiral isn’t interested in fighting. As she teleports away, she tells Psylocke to use “all of the eyes” she’s been given to see the truth.
    Psylocke reveals to the X-Men the bionic eyes Mojo implanted into her original body.
    Beast and Banshee set up a means to view the transmissions from her eyes.
    Going back to the day Matsuo discovered her original body, they witness Matsuo making a deal with the Mandarin to use The Hand's science and the
    power of his rings to place Kwannon’s mind in Psylocke’s amnesiac body, in exchange for Mandarin receiving Kwannon’s body as a telepathic assassin.

Spiral was hired to heal Kwannon’s body in preparation for the transfer.

In order to make “the game” more interesting, Spiral tells Nyoirin that Kwannon’s soul is inside Psylocke’s original body, causing him to steal her away.
    Back in the present, Psylocke travels to Japan to learn more from Nyoirin, but discovers that Matsuo has already killed him.
    Matsuo tells her that Nyoirin lied to Revanche about her past in order to mold her into what he always wanted.
    Nyoirin sent Revanche to join the X-Men in order to kill Wolverine and Psylocke for foiling the plans of his ally, the Mandarin, months earlier.
    Revanche came to respect the X-Men and wouldn’t go through with it.
    Matsuo uses the “imprinted telepathic energy” Revanche left him before she died to take back any trace of Kwannon’s memories from Psylocke’s soul.
    He then attempts to kill himself in order to join Kwannon, but Psylocke talks him out of it.
    Back home, Psylocke tosses her bionic eyes into a lake and walks away with Archangel.

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Andy Kubert, inks by Matt Ryan

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    SPOILER from Mr. & Mrs. X #10

Nature of the baby revealed.

I'm so glad that Spiral's played a relevant role, not the usual wallpaper villain --even more, this story seems to have had an important effect in her future development and it's consistent with the character, so I'm anxious to see her soon and to know what she's plaining to do with her life far away from Mojo.

As for Mojo, on the other hand, I highly regret that his absurd 'romantic issue' hasn't been forgotten and buried. 'X-Men Black: Mojo' is the most OOC story I've ever read, it made me sick. Major Domo is not a villain, just an acolyte. Mojo doesn't think neither talk that way, of course he would never have personal feelings about anybody, by no means he would fall in love neither make friends. Writers keep forgetting that he's royally demented, that's he's not an amusing buffoon but an atrocious creature.

So as far as I know, this issue is 50/50 satisfying/disappointing for me.
    Just saw this. I was curious how that issue of Black was because I wanted to pick it up, but never got a chance to. I thought it was a little strange that it was about Mojo getting a date. I'll admit, Idk a ton about him but I always thought of him as being selfish and disgusting on a cartoonish/evil level.

Anyways, very excited for Spiral getting her soul back. I'm really interested to see what the future holds for her.
    Make Good Art

I've started to read 'Prisoner X', a 1998 novel by Nocenti in which she resumed her creations for the first time after the former Limited Series from 12 years before (apart from a Longshot short story for MCP).

It seems that here she's royally ig​noring that in X-Factor Annual #7 (1992) it was established that Ricochet Rita and Spiral are the same person, being the second the result of a physical manipulation of Rita's body by Arize (forced by Mojo).

That would be no surprise, having in mind that Nocenti never meant these two to have any connection. She probably had different plans for each one of them.

I will be posting news as the reading progresses.

I've started to read 'Prisoner X', a 1998 novel by Nocenti in which she resumed her creations for the first time after the former Limited Series from 12 years before (apart from a Longshot short story for MCP).

It seems that here she's royally ig​noring that in X-Factor Annual #7 (1992) it was established that Ricochet Rita and Spiral are the same person, being the second the result of a physical manipulation of Rita's body by Arize (forced by Mojo).

That would be no surprise, having in mind that Nocenti never meant these two to have any connection. She probably had different plans for each one of them.

I will be posting news as the reading progresses.
    That's interesting. I was just listening to an older ep of Jay & Miles where they go over the original Longshot series and was wondering what her plans for Longshot/Spiral would've been. I didn't realize she wrote that novel
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's interesting. I was just listening to an older ep of Jay & Miles where they go over the original Longshot series and was wondering what her plans for Longshot/Spiral would've been.
    I'm afraid we'll never know. She's only stated in some interviews that she never intended Spiral to be Rita, so that past relationship between Longshot and her remains unrevealed (plausibly a truncated romance).

According to the pages I've read and flicked through, this book seems to be kind of a score-settling as compensation for that Longshot Graphic Novel/series she never got to publish (although she'd got already quite a bunch of stuff). So, luckily, it will shed light on this.

Because Rita is too a character in the book...

I'm afraid we'll never know. She's only stated in some interviews that she never intended Spiral to be Rita, so that past relationship between Longshot and her remains unrevealed (plausibly a truncated romance).

According to the pages I've read and flicked through, this book seems to be kind of a score-settling as compensation for that Longshot Graphic Novel/series she never got to publish (although she'd got already quite a bunch of stuff). So, luckily, it will shed light on this.

Because Rita is too a character in the book...
    This sounds awesome. After looking through the recent thread of X-Men novels, I realize I need to pick up a few. This one is going to the top of the list
    Make Good Art

I'm glad it got your attention. For the moment I'm liking what I'm reading --granted, I'm a fan of Nocenti and her crazy moods and stuffs

PS: Maybe I'm giving an impression that this book is a flashback story. It's not, it's 'present day' and of course it involves the X-Men. It deals, though, with subjects that Nocenti sometimes told she wanted to approach in that never published work.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 08-01-2019 at 10:09 AM.

I'm glad it got your attention. For the moment I'm liking what I'm reading --granted, I'm a fan of Nocenti and her crazy moods and stuffs

PS: Maybe I'm giving an impression that this book is a flashback story. It's not, it's 'present day' and of course it involves the X-Men. It deals, though, with subjects that Nocenti sometimes told she wanted to approach in that never published work.
    Ah, ok. Thanks! That makes sense!
    Make Good Art

dcq9z26-3db693fc-436e-40ab-8527-bef6af987c04.jpg

Stumbled across this Spiral commission that Kenneth Rocafort did and thought it was worth sharing here
    Make Good Art

Dang, that's gorgeous. And uncanny, as all her arms should be.