Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

In the Starwars.com interview, Aaron said that Cassady is a huge Star Wars fan, so I could see him lasting a while.

I don't see anything here that is new or interesting. Where are the new ideas? Do we really need yet another retelling of what happened between movies? Sorry, but this is not what I wanted for Star Wars.

I'm ticked off. I want to write new Star Wars stories.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    In the Starwars.com interview, Aaron said that Cassady is a huge Star Wars fan, so I could see him lasting a while.
    The problem with Cassaday was never that he didn't like the material/IP he was working on, it's that he's simply too slow to maintain a monthly quota for more than a few months. I don't think he's ever done a series than lasted more than 3-4 months before getting 2-3 month delays.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

Ok, so just so I'm clear, the only stories that are now canon are I-VI and the various Clone Wars animation works?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    That's like saying "In the Starwars.com interview, Aaron said that Cassaday is a warm blooded mammal that ingests food for nourishment."

There aren't a ton of people in the industry who aren't huge Star Wars fans on some level. The problem here is more that Cassaday is not the world's fastest artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    Ok, so just so I'm clear, the only stories that are now canon are I-VI and the various Clone Wars animation works?
    The movies, Clone Wars, and Rebels, yes. And everything going forward, yes.

Everything else, no.

Be nice if Chris Claremont pens a book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I don't see anything here that is new or interesting. Where are the new ideas? Do we really need yet another retelling of what happened between movies? Sorry, but this is not what I wanted for Star Wars.
    I get the annoyance. When it was announced that Marvel was going to take up the liescence from Dark Horse, I was skeptical and annoyed, and I was even more annoyed when they basically said that the Expanded Universe was going to be wiped.

That being said, the Darth Vader and Leia ones sound original. Gillian is describing Vader in ways Ive never heard or thought of, and while the Leia one sounds like Dark Horse's/Brian Wood's Star Wars is does have a cool twist to it.

I don't know. I'm still hesitant with this brave new world, but I'm kind of getting excited after reading those interviews.Hopefully this will exceed my expectations (which are somewhat low).

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

All of the old stories have been 100% wiped from continuity. We now do not know what officially happened between the movies.

I am speechless. I knew Marvel was going to write a Star Wars comic at some point after Disney got the rights. But this...the awesome is just too great for words.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

YES WE DO!!!! It's MARVEL, so you know it's going to be good! I refused to read any of the DH crap simply because it's not Marvel! I AM A COMPANY MAN! A Marvel zombie. They could print a blank variant with blank cover & blank pages inside & I would be all over it as long as it has the Marvel brand on it!

MAKE MINE NOW AND FOREVER MARVEL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    YES WE DO!!!! It's MARVEL, so you know it's going to be good! I refused to read any of the DH crap simply because it's not Marvel! I AM A COMPANY MAN! A Marvel zombie. They could print a blank variant with blank cover & blank pages inside & I would be all over it as long as it has the Marvel brand on it!

MAKE MINE NOW AND FOREVER MARVEL!
    Hope you're kidding. Beginning of the nineties Star Wars was pretty much dead and buried until Dark Horse came along (along with Timothy Zahn's first three novels) to revive the love that was on life support for the property. If not for Dark Horse we probably never would have gathered the interest for the prequels and all the games and books to go with them.

I'm interested in what Marvel does this second time around but anyone ignoring what Dark Horse did for Lucasfilm over the years is foolish.

Hope they bring back jaxxon in this titleimage.jpg

Yeah, I admit, that I want a little more from them. At some point, I'd love a SW Underworld book (starring Boba, perhaps), with art by someone like Sean Murphy, but these 3 books do sound like decent launch books.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    To be fair, Lucas' official stories always came first, and he could have over-written any of the EU, at any time. I mean, the Clone Wars had Mandalorians that over-rided what was going on in some of the novels.

Though, it really shouldn't matter -- especially if you're a long time comic fan. I've got tons of books that haven't been in continuity for decades, but I still own them, and they still "exist" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Hope they bring back jaxxon in this titleimage.jpg
    Heh, you might be joking, but with all the Rocket Raccoon popularity, then they just might.