Page 12 of 631 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    .....Namor was mentioned in HoM? Where? What Issue? I thought he was skipped over outside of Kitty Prydes school lessons.....
    It wasn't much. He was in the mini-series itself he has an appearance at Magneto's ball with Lady Dorma, and I think Rogue knocks him over there. :sigh: The last issue? Maybe #6, since he appears on the cover.

He also had an appearance fighting Apocalypse, but I can't remember which tie-in that was in. The 'brochure' image I posted was from some appendix -- Secrets of HoM, IIRC. He shows up in flashback in Cap 10, and that's where we see his son. There was also an appearance in the follow up mini-series HoM Civil War, which showed him and Magneto and Prof X cutting a deal which gives the mutant leaders the support and tech to conquer the world and set up HoM. He was pretty insufferable. Or at least Magneto thought so. LOL!

I don't want to read the sad.

HoM was such a messed up thing.
    I could have totally cried my eyes out for Spider-Man, and I'm not really a Spidey fan.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Are you reading PAD's current X-Factor?
    You'd REALLY love Pietro right now.
    He's just writing him SO WELL.

But, back to Namor, sorry guys!
    I won't derail this thread any longer with other character-speak, I promise! <3
    I enjoyed the first issue, and have the rest, but haven't read them yet.

Well, I don't know about other folks, but I don't mind. It usually gets back to Namor pretty quick ... cause I do enjoy playing Six Degrees of Namor. LOL!

IIRC, that HoM story with Namor and Apocalypse actually had Quicksilver in it, also.

See?

BANNED

I don't want to read the sad.

HoM was such a messed up thing.
    I could have totally cried my eyes out for Spider-Man, and I'm not really a Spidey fan.
    Well, you there's nothing sad for Namor IN HoM. And of course, we don't have any reaction of his afterwards. It's just when you read HoM, you realize how much he lost when that reality went away. Much like Age of X -- though he wasn't quite as well off in that alternate reality, he was happily married.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I enjoyed the first issue, and have the rest, but haven't read them yet.

Well, I don't know about other folks, but I don't mind. It usually gets back to Namor pretty quick ... cause I do enjoy playing Six Degrees of Namor. LOL!

IIRC, that HoM story with Namor and Apocalypse actually had Quicksilver in it, also.

See?
    Aw, Rheged. You're the best! <3

Well, you there's nothing sad for Namor IN HoM. And of course, we don't have any reaction of his afterwards. It's just when you read HoM, you realize how much he lost when that reality went away. Much like Age of X -- though he wasn't quite as well off in that alternate reality, he was happily married.
    Well, at least in his happiest of happy realities they got it right by having him married to Lady Dorma.
    Because she is his true love.
    *sigh*
    *floatyheartseverywhere*

BANNED

Here's the page from HoM Civil War #3, with Namor making friends and "helping" out the mutants.

And yes. He just shoved his hand through Magneto's magno bubble, apparently without any effort. Boy did that piss Magneto off. LOL!

BANNED

Aw, Rheged. You're the best! <3
    Awwww! You're sweet to say so.

Well, at least in his happiest of happy realities they got it right by having him married to Lady Dorma.
    *sigh*
    *floatyheartseverywhere*
    Darn straight! I wish they'd bring Lady Dorma back ... or someone who loves him as much.

BANNED

It wasn't much. He was in the mini-series itself he has an appearance at Magneto's ball with Lady Dorma, and I think Rogue knocks him over there. :sigh: The last issue? Maybe #6, since he appears on the cover.

He also had an appearance fighting Apocalypse, but I can't remember which tie-in that was in. The 'brochure' image I posted was from some appendix -- Secrets of HoM, IIRC. He shows up in flashback in Cap 10, and that's where we see his son. There was also an appearance in the follow up mini-series HoM Civil War, which showed him and Magneto and Prof X cutting a deal which gives the mutant leaders the support and tech to conquer the world and set up HoM. He was pretty insufferable. Or at least Magneto thought so. LOL!
    AH.... See that is why we need you around Rheged! I read the #6 totally forgot Namor was in that issue. I also read the Civil War series because I love the Magneto Family but how I could ever forget Namor forcing his hand through Magneto's bubble is beyond me. I skipped the Cap HoM tie though....I might check that out now that I know it had some Namor stuff in it.

How did Namor's son look? Was he blue like his mother?

Well, Dr Nemsis as a Nazi is a retcon too, from the Golden Age, where he was a hero. And yeah, I wasn't quite sure how they went from Dr. Death, Nazi, in the 90s Invaders series to Dr. Nemesis, Nazi fighter. And no, I"m not saying I want Dr. Death back, at all. I like the Dr. Nemesis we have now.

But let's face it. Namor might forgive, but he's not going to forget and not say a single thing to someone who tried to kill him and all the Invaders. The annoying part, is it would have a been an easy panel or two to take care, if they just wanted to handwave it. But to actually block it in a story starring Dr. Nemesis and Namor? WTF?

I love Magneto, and I'd assume the same thing. The twist with Pietro was a good one. But wasn't there a story line in Avengers Academy dealing with Pietro that sort of addressed what you were talking about?
    I think you're totally correct about the story from the annuals. If I remember correctly the Avengers Academy thing with Pietro . . . one of the less-scrupulous of the academy cadets (the one with Asperger's who's code name starts with an "R", I don't remember it off-had) figured out that he was still a bit of a sneak and blackmailed him into mentoring her in being a manipulative sneak.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

That last panel is the best thing ever.
    GOD! This is why I love Namor so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I think you're totally correct about the story from the annuals. If I remember correctly the Avengers Academy thing with Pietro . . . one of the less-scrupulous of the academy cadets (the one with Asperger's who's code name starts with an "R", I don't remember it off-had) figured out that he was still a bit of a sneak and blackmailed him into mentoring her in being a manipulative sneak.
    That was Finesse.
    She manipulated/blackmailed him into teaching her to be like Magneto. By threatening to rat him out about him not really being a skrull during the entire terrigen mist mess.
    But they actually bonded and formed a friendship.
    Well, as best as one can form a friendship with Pietro.

Yes, I read the ENTIRETY of Avengers Academy.
    FOR Pietro.

That is dedication.

BANNED

*sigh*
    *floatyheartseverywhere*

Yes, I read the ENTIRETY of Avengers Academy.
    FOR Pietro.

That is dedication.
    I had plans to do the same but for Pym & Justice. I think I lost my job where I had a friend who I was sharing comics with every week about half-way through the series though and ended up cutting down to one book a month for myself and losing access to the stuff that guy was buying. :/