Page 96 of 137 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Esme and Sophie have a nice time out with their mum in House of X #3. Absolute recommend.
    How I missed their interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, if he was really blond, wouldn't he have embraced it? The guy was a big Emma fan when he started out, that's why he's called Hellion.
    Who says hes blonde

Maybe his T K turned his hair green XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Who says hes blonde

Maybe his T K turned his hair green XD
    Polaris fans would riot

BANNED

Esme and Sophie have a nice time out with their mum in House of X #3. Absolute recommend.
    I loved the small touch of one of the Couscous putting on Emma's glasses after taking them from her.

Speaking of which, since when do they call Emma that? It's always been Emma or Miss Frost, they don't usually consider her to be their Mum, do they?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    For some reason, I always thought Julian was blonde. I didn't read most of the runs he is in. I don't know why.
    Yeah I dont get that. Unlike Iceman, Julian's never been drawn as a blonde

Speaking of which, since when do they call Emma that? It's always been Emma or Miss Frost, they don't usually consider her to be their Mum, do they?
    HoX #3

lol, if he was really blond, wouldn't he have embraced it? The guy was a big Emma fan when he started out, that's why he's called Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Polaris fans would riot
    Now that would be HI-Larious
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Spectacular Member

Should I read DeFillipis' New X-men or just jump into the Yost stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    I still find the Weir/DeFillipis run highly enjoyable as a light-hearted school book. Even aside from that, though, I'd say it's worth reading from the start just to get the sense of how drastically the tone changes. Of all the X-Books, I do think Academy X/NXM is the best one at capturing the trauma from the M-Day fallout.

Yeah, you only have to look at the fates of the New Mutants and Hellions teams. spoilers:
    Two (Wind Dancer and Prodigy) get depowered, three (Tag, Wallflower, and Icarus) get murdered, and one (Wither) ends up becoming a villain. And that's just the main characters. There was a lot of death and depowering among background characters too, not to mention Dani's sacking despite the fact she'd adopted one of the students.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I loved the small touch of one of the Couscous putting on Emma's glasses after taking them from her.
    It’s so cute.

They may have done it in the past with a sarcastic tone. But this is a new world, so we better get used to it.

DeFillipis/Weir’s run leading into KYost is what makes KYost’s run so great. We need to first establish friendships, characters, and dynamics before throwing them into the deep end of the pool. That said, I think you should even read New Mutants Vol 2 that introduces the characters first.

DeFillipis/Weir’s run leading into KYost is what makes KYost’s run so great. We need to first establish friendships, characters, and dynamics before throwing them into the deep end of the pool. That said, I think you should even read New Mutants Vol 2 that introduces the characters first.
    Listen to Tycon.

DW's run is really part A and Kyost's is Part B of a really good story. DW lays the groundwork for these characters and then Kyost harvested and polished them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "Couscous" has me rolling here. (No offence Maestroneto, because I know it's Autocorrect or similar!)

"Oh no, the Stepford Couscous are here. And I'm gluten-intolerant!"

Ultimate Member

In the past, they'd get salty and defensive if Emma called them 'her girls' and insist that they were not, so no, that seems very unlike them.

Then again, a year or two back, one of them was squeeing about her crush on Quentin Quire, despite, a few years earlier, him being the drugged out rabble-rouser who telepathically instigated a riot at Xavier's that *one of her sisters died to quell.* It's like, yeesh. Talk about a writer having no clue about a character he's writing...