Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Kieron Gillen is in charge of Extraordinary X-Men instead of Lemire

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Kieron Gillen is in charge of Extraordinary X-Men instead of Lemire
    With the highest respect, KG is a solid writer, but I'd actually prefer if Mike Carey came back to the X-House.

He had a real gift for capturing every character's voice so successfully, and continually making the best use of the enormous array of characters available for each story. His familiarity and respect for continuity was so strong with every issue he wrote.

His portion of the Necrosha storyline, in particular, still makes me smile. He's a sensational talent.

Most of these have probably been said already but:

- Cheaper price. Have the A listers be $3.99 and everyone else be $2.99. I love Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl but there's no reason for their books to be the same price as Cap's or Spidey's.
    - Stop replacing heroes! You can have multiple versions of the same heroes running around. People get annoyed when they want to read their version of a character and they can't. Jane Thor can exist alongside classic Thor. Having FalCap and Steve Cap existing at the same time is a step in the right direction. (Even tho they had to make Steve a Hydra Agent. T-T; bleh)
    - Less Hero v Hero. I like seeing these characters getting along and working together. The Hero v Hero story might've been cool in the past but it's just tiring now. There's so many cool villains just collecting dust cuz all the heroes do is fight each other these days.
    - And please please PLEASE no more renumbering books! It makes me sad that my Dad's old collection has books with numbers reaching the hundreds and I'm lucky to have a book that reaches #20.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post

What I would do is do some kind of hard reset on the X-books. Send the original 5 back to their own time, and somehow this creates a 'time ripple' that restores friendships and heals schisms and whatnot, with the end result being that the X-Men are once again a heroic superhero team operating out of Xavier's school.
    I can't agree more.
    I stopped reading the X-books cuz those stubborn brats are still running around.

I love the idea that sending them back actually does fix everything. I mean, that was Beast's intention when he brought them to the present.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I want an A-list Avengers team with the REAL Cap, Thor, and Iron Man preferably with an A-list creative team on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I want solos for all my favorite characters written by the best writers and illustrated by the best artists

Forever
    These are two great ones, I would do.

But since we could only get one, I'll give a different choice. I'd have to go with no more events every single year. I'm not opposed to events but do them once every few years, otherwise they lose their "epic" quality that events are supposed to have.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Stop constantly renumbering.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

No more events. Ever!

1. Line wide $2.50 cap on books.

If I could change one other thing I'd have only one book for each team, but publish additional team books so something like:

FF
    Avengers
    X-Men
    Midnight Sons
    Defenders
    New Warriors
    Marvel Team-Up
    X-Force
    Ultimates
    Inhumans
    Lady Liberators
    Thunderbolts
    The Brotherhood of Mutants
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With the highest respect, KG is a solid writer, but I'd actually prefer if Mike Carey came back to the X-House.
    I've actually dropped every single X-book. This makes me sad... the X-Men were my first comic love.

... but if Professor Carey came back, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

Also, where's Emma?!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I've actually dropped every single X-book. This makes me sad... the X-Men were my first comic love.

... but if Professor Carey came back, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

Also, where's Emma?!
    I know. Its a travesty.

He had a real gift for capturing every character's voice so successfully, and continually making the best use of the enormous array of characters available for each story. His familiarity and respect for continuity was so strong with every issue he wrote.

His portion of the Necrosha storyline, in particular, still makes me smile. He's a sensational talent.
    Mike Carey!!!! Mike Carey!!!! He knew how to handle the most veteran members of the X-men alongside the new x-men and his stories were amazing (although I could totally live without the Magneto/Rogue romance)

Also, instead of creating thousands of new young characters, use the ones that already exist in the Marvel Universe (Avengers Academy, Runaways, New X-men kids, Power Pack, etc). Those kids have a lot of potential, but they end forgotten and int eh background.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 06-13-2016 at 10:55 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    What I would do is do some kind of hard reset on the X-books. Send the original 5 back to their own time, and somehow this creates a 'time ripple' that restores friendships and heals schisms and whatnot, with the end result being that the X-Men are once again a heroic superhero team operating out of Xavier's school.
    Definitely on my list of things that needs to be done, but ultimately, I think they're small potatoes.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Mike Carey!!!! Mike Carey!!!! He knew how to handle the most veteran members of the X-men alongside the new x-men and his stories were amazing (although I could totally live without the Magneto/Rogue romance)

Also, instead of creating thousands of new young characters, use the ones that already exist in the Marvel Universe (Avengers Academy, Runaways, New X-men kids, Power Pack, etc). Those kids have a lot of potential, but they end forgotten and int eh background.
    So much potential unrealized. I whole heartedly agree.

Winter Soldier and Black Widow together again.
    Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting working on Cap again.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Love Carey, but right now we already have one really good ongoing by a guy who sees himself in Magneto.