Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Selina should have just taken a pair of scissors to snip off the security tags like Winona Ryder.

The original classic Robin costume needs to stay dead, but while I like the New 52 version, its stylized motif doesn't work if you're utilizing the classic visuals again for the past in which Dick Grayson operated as Robin. And this isn't even hard, you don't have to design something new. You just lift the TAS costume.

thAPC2O4O8.jpg

Boom, you're done. Its classic, its simple, and its not wildly inappropriate for a child.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Does it really matter much now? Dick's Robin costume is only going to appear in sporadic flashbacks. Don't see it being worth a multiple page discussion.

:shrug: Only thing that really dictates what's worth conversing about is whether people converse about something. Its generated some discussion, nothing really wrong with that.

As far as the costume only appearing in flashbacks, while certainly true its also true that King's run has utilized them a lot.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-03-2018 at 12:19 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Can't help but notice that people are focusing more on the Robin costume than Selina blowing up the floor. Seems like amreally extreme way for her to steal something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Cat won't steal the dress, Bat is a good influence on her moral character these days.
    A klepto is a Klepto is Kelpto.

She doesn't commits crimes because she's poor or wants to change the world or has to make a living. She commits them because she wants to. She lacks a moral compass and does bad things because shits and giggles.

That or she has that unfortunate condition where all kinds of stuff just stick to her fingers.
    I forget what it's called.

I thought that Robin suit was changed? why is Dick wearing that? The Bat office needs an editor fast.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-03-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Does it really matter much now? Dick's Robin costume is only going to appear in sporadic flashbacks. Don't see it being worth a multiple page discussion.
    I think the thing is is that if we're going to get flashbacks to Dick's time as Robin, which are more frequent then not, people would rather it not have to have the eyesore that is perceived to be the New 52 Robin costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Can't help but notice that people are focusing more on the Robin costume than Selina blowing up the floor. Seems like amreally extreme way for her to steal something like this.
    I see equal focus on Selina's break-in as the costumes, honestly.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the thing is is that if we're going to get flashbacks to Dick's time as Robin, which are more frequent then not, people would rather it not have to have the eyesore that is perceived to be the New 52 Robin costume.
    Honestly, the N52 costume doesn't bother me nearly as much as the scaly panties version of Dick's costume does. I've actually found it to be the one that looks like an eyesore to me and that feeling may have started when I was first coming back into reading comics after a long haitus and saw Tim's Robin costume with pants. I remember thinking how good that looked compared to the costume I remembered Dick and Jason wearing.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-03-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly, the N52 costume doesn't bother me nearly as much as the scaly panties version of Dick's costume does. I've actually found it to be the one that looks like an eyesore to me and that feeling may have started when I was first coming back into reading comics after a long haitus and saw Tim's Robin costume with pants. I remember thinking how good that looked compared to the costume I remembered Dick and Jason wearing.
    I think the scale shorts would seem out-of-place as a "modern" design although I don't think the New 52 look quite cuts it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    A klepto is a Klepto is Kelpto.

She doesn't commits crimes because she's poor or wants to change the world or has to make a living. She commits them because she wants to. She lacks a moral compass and does bad things because shits and giggles.

That or she has that unfortunate condition where all kinds of stuff just stick to her fingers.
    I forget what it's called.

I thought that Robin suit was changed? why is Dick wearing that? The Bat office needs an editor fast.
    Selina does have a moral compass. If she didn't, then she wouldn't have helped Batman, Batfamily members and others in Gotham all these years. I mean, sometimes she steals from the "big rich people" who steal from others. And it's not like this chick has been a massive thief in the past few years anyway. She's helped out Batman and other superheroes and protected lots of people in the East End. Some people who Batman and Batfamily members have even overlooked themselves.

Stop making it seem like Selina is just some nasty crook who does nothing but steal and isn't worth anything. Bruce is not stupid, he wouldn't had been in love with her all these years if she was truly a bad person.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the scale shorts would seem out-of-place as a "modern" design although I don't think the New 52 look quite cuts it either.
    I'm not saying the N52 look is great or anything of the sort. I actually think that out of all the N52 Robin costume redesigns Dick got the worst looking one. I do, however, prefer it to the classic look because the classic look people are harping on just doesn't work in the modern day and honestly seeing it now really just makes me shudder. It just as awful to me these days as the N 52 suit is to some people. I'd actually like to see something closer in design to the B:TAS look for Dick's classic look.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Cat needs to go to a Arséne Lupin seminar about stealing with pannace.

That was pedestrian as it comes ma dear.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not saying the N52 look is great or anything of the sort. I actually think that out of all the N52 Robin costume redesigns Dick got the worst looking one. I do, however, prefer it to the classic look because the classic look people are harping on just doesn't work in the modern day and honestly seeing it now really just makes me shudder. It just as awful to me these days as the N 52 suit is to some people. I'd actually like to see something closer in design to the B:TAS look for Dick's classic look.
    I think the BTAS design would definitely be perfect for a modern look, and some variant of it is usually seen in most modern adaptions of Dicks' Robin costume, although it doesn't seem like there's any rush to get rid for the New 52 suit...

Ooh wow for once Bruce says “Selina”instead of “Cat”. See, it’s not that hard. Damn.

BANNED

I don`t see what the big deal is. It wholly fits with Dick`s character where a major sell is the crotch and bum.

Think of it like a little road map.