Page 149 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3162

But then again, Tom King is probably my favorite of the last three "big name" Batman title writers. Unless Scott Snyder had only written Black Mirror and Court of Owls (and actually ended the storyline, instead of the weak weird non-ending it got). But the five years he did on Batman just don't do it for me as a whole.
    I said this before, but King's Batman in some ways remind me to the early 90s Batman under Dixon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

When everyone doubts... You can heard her voice... Encouraging the team to be brave ..
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I said this before, but King's Batman in some ways remind me to the early 90s Batman under Dixon.
    In what way? I don't think I've talked to you about this.

In what way? I don't think I've talked to you about this.
    Stoic to the point that he feels kind of robotic, seemingly cold (even when he clearly cares), aware of his own mortality and interested in a possible sucessor (i think that the 90s and early 2000s was the time where Bruce was the most obsessed about it), with some demons that still tormented him, but not quite as sink on then as he was in the early 2000s. There are other aspects (his absurldily higth expectations for himself and how he prefer to keep the batfamily away from harm), but i think that those are part or you standard Batman at this point.
    Last edited by TheCape; 11-08-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Nice.
    hmmm... I wasn´t wrong... I choosed good words..

A good LEADER must know how to motivate the team.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Stoic to the point tha he feels kind of robotic, seemingly cold (even when he clearly cares), aware of his own mortality and interested in a possible sucessor (i think that the 90s and early 2000s was the time where Bruce was the most obsessed about it), with some demons that still tormented him, but not quite as sink on then as he was in the early 2000s). There are other aspects (his absurldy higth expectations for himself and how he prefer to keep the batfamily away from harm), but i think that those are part or you standard Batman at this point.
    I tend to agree that King is much closer to Dixon than Snyder or Morrison were. He's definitely got his own style, but the sense that Batman is a hero, is damaged, but isn't insane, is capable of having stronger relationships with his family and desires that rather than is incapable of it (as Rucka would write him), is very, very human in his vulnerabilities (as opposed to Morrison's concept and Snyder's effective writing), and has a handle on his showmanship (as opposed to Snyder's Batman, who is a grandstander, whereas King and Dixon's Bruce is more just very dramatic). It's probably why I'm enjoying King so much more than Snyder or Morrison, now that I think about it. Not that it reminds me of Dixon so much that it is shooting for similar parts of Batman that I value the most.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Well at one point King said that the Robin that he grew up with was Tim, so Dixon's Batman is probably his main inspiration and we are the 90s nostalgia period, wich make it themathically approtiate for the current time.

Well at one point King said that the Robin that he grew up with was Tim, so Dixon's Batman is probably his main inspiration and we are the 90s nostalgia period, wich make it themathically approtiate for the current time.
    I think King does have a liking for the Dixon era, but consciously, he always talks about Miller's Batman. Though King's Batman is much more interested in protection than Miller's who tends to be more interested in punishment/justice.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think King does have a liking for the Dixon era, but consciously, he always talks about Miller's Batman. Though King's Batman is much more interested in protection than Miller's who tends to be more interested in punishment/justice.
    Well Dixon's Batman is technically a continuation of Miller's version, so i guest that is a bit of boths.

Well Dixon's Batman is technically a continuation of Miller's version, so i guest that is a bit of boths.
    I mean, so is Morrison's from that perspective (and even Snyder's if you squint). I think what makes a difference is the source material. Miller and Dixon are writing Batman as inspired by the pulps of the early 20th century. Morrison is writing stuff inspired by comics and drugs and philosophy (I think?). Snyder is writing things inspired by current events/fears and horror texts. King, like Morrison, is inspired by comics, and like Snyder, current events (his own life) - but somehow, it seems to work better for me than the other two.

BANNED

So the more I think about it, the more it seems likely that Kate will be departing 'Tec with Basil after the next arc. And while one of those things would make me happy and the other sad, I realized that if this did happen, it would make Cass the only person who'd been on the team from the start. And with her arc coming right after, I could see that being pointed out.

Also, in regards to the potential for Tynion to grow Cass as a leader, Miller pointed out something kinda neat: Cass has been watching Kate 'wanting to learn as much as she can' from her. And since she obviously hasn't been trying to learn anything about combat, she must be studying just how she operates.

Hell, just go back to the second issue with Kate's critique of Cass, telling her she's trying to fight everyone's battles for them. Now I still call BS on that scene in isolation, BUT, if it were to turn out that it were all part of a plan, and that she'll go from being on the one who wants to fight everyone's battles to the one who knows which tactic is best for everyone, that could be a good use of long form storytelling.

Whether he knows it or not, Tynion's taken out the building blocks. We just don't know if he plans to use them.

Yeah I could maybe see Kate leaving and possibly pulling some of the characters into a second team book with her.

While Cass in a leadership role would be cool - I think I'd rather see her relationships explored with some other characters first. Once Clayface leaves, I'd actually like to see her interact a bit with Luke. Cass isn't really a character who is particularly reliant on technology which kinda contrasts with Batwing who is probably one of the most technologically minded members of the Batfam. I think it could be cool to see them interact and maybe learn from each other.

Also Assam is the adoption a definite thing in Spring or is it just speculation? Just curious!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Also Assam is the adoption a definite thing in Spring or is it just speculation? Just curious!
    Speculation. When asked about the rumors in an interview, Tynion said:

"That was a very powerful moment in Pre-Flashpoint continuity. Because it happened after an era where Cassandra was already fading out of the universe it wasn’t explored. It was an acknowledgment to the fans of the importance of Cassandra while she was becoming less important. I don’t want to fall into that same trap. It is very important to me to establish firmly how important Bruce is to Cassandra and Cassandra is to Bruce. That is something I am very eager to explore upcoming this spring in particular in “Detective Comics”.

"That was a very powerful moment in Pre-Flashpoint continuity. Because it happened after an era where Cassandra was already fading out of the universe it wasn’t explored. It was an acknowledgment to the fans of the importance of Cassandra while she was becoming less important. I don’t want to fall into that same trap. It is very important to me to establish firmly how important Bruce is to Cassandra and Cassandra is to Bruce. That is something I am very eager to explore upcoming this spring in particular in “Detective Comics”.
    They definitely need to continue to build up their relationship before any adoption. Since right now I feel Cass is closer to Clayface than Bruce which seems a wee bit wrong. Cant wait to see their relationship explored.

INTERESTING.. They are in the SAME COMIC, we recovered stephxcass friendship, this is the next step.

Attachment 57553

Assam, maybe this will the end of Orphan, change this for a better name, even the return of David Cain happens here, father(bruce) against father(david)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-09-2017 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

Oh for the love of....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dVicXTYFA

Watchmojo, this is why nobody likes you.

(Yes this is from months ago but I'm only finding it now)