Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So, I walked into Walmart this evening, and all four of the new Walmart comics were in! The Wonder Woman issue was really nice - I'm still amused that Willow Wilson's upcoming Wonder Woman arc seems like it'll be very similar to this one. Chad Hardin's Diana is still pretty great - very strong looking.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

I am just collecting the JLA giants for the wonder woman stories wow they are good hope the comics are going to be like this but with that continuity who knows. I am enjoying this characterization of Diana in all four stories so far got all her characteristics right. Heck the only one that is lacking is Etta and they are using the trevor that is quite humorous in a chris pine sort of way probably the best written version in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I am just collecting the JLA giants for the wonder woman stories wow they are good hope the comics are going to be like this but with that continuity who knows. I am enjoying this characterization of Diana in all four stories so far got all her characteristics right. Heck the only one that is lacking is Etta and they are using the trevor that is quite humorous in a chris pine sort of way probably the best written version in a long long time.
    We shall see! It is a nice feeling to have a Wonder Woman comic I'm collecting again, though I'm thinking about collecting the Wilson run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Anyone have a chance to get #6 yet? I have ordered it from ebay, since my store seems to be sold out of JLA, but have Teen Titans, Batman, and Superman #6.

Wow, didn't realize I hadn't posted here for so long, but I managed to get my copy of Wonder Woman Giant #2 signed by Amanda and Jimmy at Awesomecon! I also chatted with Jimmy about Chad Hardin, and sadly, it looks like he won't be able to do the art - and originally, they didn't think they'd even get as many issues from him as they did. Ah, well. At least it's still quite a fun story!

Are these still being printed?
    I went and looked for the second issue and the WalMart had removed all the stuff for the comics.
    How many issues did it get to?
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by DPrince64 View Post
    Are these still being printed?
    I went and looked for the second issue and the WalMart had removed all the stuff for the comics.
    How many issues did it get to?
    Thanks for the help.
    It really depends on the Wal-Mart. I started last summer with 3 Wal-Mart's of the 6 in my area carrying them, and now it is only one. But they are still coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It really depends on the Wal-Mart. I started last summer with 3 Wal-Mart's of the 6 in my area carrying them, and now it is only one. But they are still coming out.
    Thanks.
    I guess they decided to quit getting them.
    Which leaves me with a couple of choices, go look out of town, the other Wal-Mart that carried them is about 20 minutes away, or eBay.

Thanks.
    I guess they decided to quit getting them.
    Which leaves me with a couple of choices, go look out of town, the other Wal-Mart that carried them is about 20 minutes away, or eBay.
    It depends. Are you only interested in the original stories, or are you interested in the whole reprint package? The original stories will be coming out as individual issues, then as trades, coming in the next few months.

It depends. Are you only interested in the original stories, or are you interested in the whole reprint package? The original stories will be coming out as individual issues, then as trades, coming in the next few months.
    I was looking at getting the complete issues since I was thinking of custom binding them.

I was looking at getting the complete issues since I was thinking of custom binding them.
    Hmmm. I dunno if that's worth it, then. I'd just get the floppy reprints, or wait for the trades. I am kinda mad at the floppy reprints, actually, cause they're getting Amanda Conner to draw new covers for them, which is an added piece of art which is quite nice. I might actually be interested in getting the trades for these Walmart stories because of that added element.

Hmmm. I dunno if that's worth it, then. I'd just get the floppy reprints, or wait for the trades. I am kinda mad at the floppy reprints, actually, cause they're getting Amanda Conner to draw new covers for them, which is an added piece of art which is quite nice. I might actually be interested in getting the trades for these Walmart stories because of that added element.
    I'll probably just end up buying the trades if I have to buy the rest on the after market.
    I'll be paying double or more for each issue.
    How many issues have come out so far?

I'll probably just end up buying the trades if I have to buy the rest on the after market.
    I'll be paying double or more for each issue.
    How many issues have come out so far?
    The Walmart issues have been released a bit oddly - we got 7 issues of Justice League Giants, and I believe 4 issues of Wonder Woman Giants have been released as the relaunch of that line. The first two issues of Justice League Giants had two standalone new stories which were collected in a recent (or upcoming, not sure) Wonder Woman trade (can't remember which one). JLGiant #3 contained "Come Back To Me" issue #1, so we're up to issue #9 I believe (though I haven't found #4, the latest one, yet).

The Walmart issues have been released a bit oddly - we got 7 issues of Justice League Giants, and I believe 4 issues of Wonder Woman Giants have been released as the relaunch of that line. The first two issues of Justice League Giants had two standalone new stories which were collected in a recent (or upcoming, not sure) Wonder Woman trade (can't remember which one). JLGiant #3 contained "Come Back To Me" issue #1, so we're up to issue #9 I believe (though I haven't found #4, the latest one, yet).
    I did get all the Justice League ones.
    Now I just need to find the Wonder Woman ones.
    I have 1.
    I appreciate all your help.
    We have 3 Wal-Mart pluses or whatever they’re called and only 1 had them.
    I know there was a guy at the trade center who would buy them and resell just not in the mood to pay his prices.

I did get all the Justice League ones.
    Now I just need to find the Wonder Woman ones.
    I have 1.
    I appreciate all your help.
    We have 3 Wal-Mart pluses or whatever they’re called and only 1 had them.
    I know there was a guy at the trade center who would buy them and resell just not in the mood to pay his prices.
    I really dislike all the scalpers.