Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, Jenkins ignored Snyder's BvS interpretation of Diana abandoning Mankind immediately. And WW84 completely throws out the idea that Bruce wouldn't have known about Diana prior to BvS. Unless Bruce is the world's worst detective, he must have at least have heard rumors of a woman in star spangled tights operating before Superman's arrival.

And Black Adam similarly destroys MoS's interpretation of Pa Kent being afraid of how humanity would react to an alien living on Earth if the JSA had already been around for decades with a flying man, a wizard, and a giant Fonzie amongst its roster.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And Black Adam similarly destroys MoS's interpretation of Pa Kent being afraid of how humanity would react to an alien living on Earth if the JSA had already been around for decades with a flying man, a wizard, and a giant Fonzie amongst its roster.
    Actually,it doesn't.Superman says "It's been a while since someone made the world this nervous".JSA ain't superman.They aren't alien.Superman's introduction was with an alien army invading/threatening the world.

Heck!they are even called justice society of america.The movie plays on that even.They are connected to american government and comes to "save the day" in the foreign land.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-05-2022 at 11:28 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, Jenkins ignored Snyder's BvS interpretation of Diana abandoning Mankind immediately. And WW84 completely throws out the idea that Bruce wouldn't have known about Diana prior to BvS. Unless Bruce is the world's worst detective, he must have at least have heard rumors of a woman in star spangled tights operating before Superman's arrival.

The WW thing was badly handled as she is shown to destroy the security cameras to stay hidden somehow. She is supposed to keep a low profile for a century to adhere to the BvS/JL continuity.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The WW thing was badly handled as she is shown to destroy the security cameras to stay hidden somehow. She is supposed to keep a low profile for a century to adhere to the BvS/JL continuity.

At this point it's easier to ignore that line of dialogue in BvS saying she disappeared for a century and just let the Flash movie's soft reset take care of the continuity contradictions.

I believe that the best way to treat the MOS/BvS and JL (and the Ayer Suicide squad) is that the events in those movies happend in a general sense , but years in the past. Since then Superman and the rest have had a lot of adventures since and they are now the icons everyone expects them to be. I mean...it HAS been almost a decade since MOS and 8 years in the universe since the events of BvS and both cuts of Justice League (opening of BvS states it starts 18 months after MOS and JL happens a few months after that.) Accounting for the natural passage of time that gives enough wiggle room to have Superman more fully defined and fully formed so they can just get along to telling new stories without dwelling on the past.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually,it doesn't.Superman says "It's been a while since someone made the world this nervous".JSA ain't superman.They aren't alien.Superman's introduction was with an alien army invading/threatening the world.

Heck!they are even called justice society of america.The movie plays on that even.They are connected to american government and comes to "save the day" in the foreign land.
    Yeah, the JSA in this universe are all human or at least native to earth and are considered authority figures in League with the government. Superman emerged during an attempted alien invasion /subjugation and an event that killed a lot of people and almost destroyed the world. Given the circumstances of course people would be nervous for awhile .
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    At this point it's easier to ignore that line of dialogue in BvS saying she disappeared for a century and just let the Flash movie's soft reset take care of the continuity contradictions.

I believe that the best way to treat the MOS/BvS and JL (and the Ayer Suicide squad) is that the events in those movies happend in a general sense , but years in the past. Since then Superman and the rest have had a lot of adventures since and they are now the icons everyone expects them to be. I mean...it HAS been almost a decade since MOS and 8 years in the universe since the events of BvS and both cuts of Justice League (opening of BvS states it starts 18 months after MOS and JL happens a few months after that.) Accounting for the natural passage of time that gives enough wiggle room to have Superman more fully defined and fully formed so they can just get along to telling new stories without dwelling on the past.
    This is how Gunn did his TSS: it's a sequel of Ayer's SS but it doesn't rely on it to tell a story. The JL is also presented as a well established team in Peacemaker and the upcoming The Flash.

Superman only needs Kara's real origin and backstory being told on-screen and how and when she fits in his "timeline". The Flash ends with her as a young adult in present day after Kara was introduced as a young adult in an alternate 2013. That alone is going to be headache material for the audience who isn't familiar with the character.

Blue Beetle is reported to have a reference to both cousins. Kara is supposed to be a public figure like her cousin for some time. That's all is established about her in the main DCEU timeline.

Figures,james gunn is into lobo..for a parody wolverine type character the character sure gets people in.I personally like mainman as clark's bad cop..Now,i really want that "the good,the bad and the ugly".

Figures,james gunn is into lobo..for a parody wolverine type character the character sure gets people in.I personally like mainman as clark's bad cop..Now,i really want that "the good,the bad and the ugly".
    Lobo seems like it'd be in his wheelhouse, or at least the original incarnation of Lobo.

I'm with Bored on this. BA feels like a retcon of MoS, which started out as a Nolan-ish, hyper-realistic take on the DCU.

But to be fair, the MCU has a crap ton of micro retcons that become easier to accept as the continuity paces forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm with Bored on this. BA feels like a retcon of MoS, which started out as a Nolan-ish, hyper-realistic take on the DCU.

But to be fair, the MCU has a crap ton of micro retcons that become easier to accept as the continuity paces forward.
    The reason i think it could still work is because jsa being govenrment connected as said above(i guess i didn't fully elaborate).As flimsy as it is, ww still hasn't worked openly.JSA could still be like that.

The reason i think it could still work is because jsa being govenrment connected as said above(i guess i didn't fully elaborate).As flimsy as it is, ww still hasn't worked openly.JSA could still be like that.
    Oh gosh, WW's broken timeline... WW works better like a classic Looney Tunes cartoon where you don't worry if two episodes directly contradict one another...

I wish they would wipe the slate clean and reboot Cavill's Superman (such a perfect choice to play Superman deserves a better characterization and origin/foster parents). Plus recast Lois so she's not played by the world's most boring actor.

DC: A “hugely undervalued asset. Disney did a wonderful job with Marvel. But if you looked at Marvel and DC ten years ago, you would have said DC is as good or better. But Marvel is a connected universe. It has a ‘bible.’ The key was having one person following everything. All of Marvel is one place. You don’t wake up and find that there has been a Batman TV show someplace.”
    https://deadline.com/2022/11/dc-davi...ax-1235172584/

Looks Zaslav is pivoting back to the shared universe, aside from the Batman/Joker projects it would seem everything going forward will be a part of that. That means everything outside of Cavill will likely get cancelled, which is what I was expecting. I still think S&L will run until MoS2 is ready however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amy Adams hasn’t been approached yet for MoS2
    Adams insists she doesn’t know if she’s going to be back as Lois. “They haven’t spoken to me about it,” she said. “If it’s me, great. If it’s somebody else, the role of Lois has been filled by so many wonderful actresses in the past so I’ll support whatever direction they go.”
    Kinda reads like she’s done but is being graceful about it. I hope they recast Lois and Lex (if we can’t just leave Lex out entirely).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/