Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default X-Men #3 [Hordeculture] - Review/Spoilers

- Unlike the preview, the book starts with people in masks coming through the Savage Land's portal who then encounter and attack Pixie and Anole.

- After the title pages, we get into the council meeting seen in the preview.

- Back to the Savage Land, the X-Men on Savage Land duty are subdued (fucking hell, man) and the attackers are revealed to be your grandma and her book club and they spout some un-necessary dialogue.

- Cut to Australia where it's revealed that the away team for the issue is Cyclops, Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw (bruh...). Since Illyana is off-world bullying aliens, they have to hitch a ride from Gateway.

- Cut to Savage Land where the trio encounters the Horde. Sebastian tries to talk them out of it and gets bodied by their mutant neutralizing slime. Scott tries to OPTIC BLAST through and gets bodied.

- I had to stop to take a drink.

- Emma diamonds up and tells them to explain themselves.

- Your gran-gran tells her that their basically super botanists who were planning to make plants take over the Earth but the Snoop-Men ruined their plans with their fancy mutie island. Team Gran-Gran fucks off and tells Emma that with their knowledge they can hack the Krakoa gates whenever they want. The book ends with another council meeting about Hordeculture and a data page for your granny.

Score:
    dfzs.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

*Whoredeculture

This issue was hilarious. I'll take the flower grannies over Orchis any day. This is seeming more like a Cyclops adventures book though l, I will admit and that's a good thing for me.

Poor Shaw got his ass kicked the worst though.

Emma may need to get that burn looked at. ( No this isn't an STD joke...or is it?)
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 12-04-2019 at 09:38 AM.

The Jean/Emma scene and the "you need to was yourself girl" are clear evidence that Hickman has been watching reruns of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Emma is clearly Kenya Moore.

Meh... I was really disappointed.
    So many things don't work in my opinion.
    And what kind of a team is Cyclops, Shaw and Emma?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

0/10 unreadable garbage

BANNED

That was glorious. And the first issue where Yu’s art worked, IMO. He’s suited to the armor, gadgets, bizarre crones, etc. The color was lovely too.

The flagship is clearly intended to begin with a lot of worldbuilding and support of the line for its early issues. Hickman’s Avengers did much the same. It works for me because so far it’s full of fresh new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Meh... I was really disappointed.
    So many things don't work in my opinion.
    And what kind of a team is Cyclops, Shaw and Emma?
    What kind of team is it? The team the story needed this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That was glorious. And the first issue where Yu’s art worked, IMO. He’s suited to the armor, gadgets, bizarre crones, etc. The color was lovely too.
    Yess he worked nicely here. I didn't like the diamond form, but the old ladies looked very good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My only and minor nit...I wish these issues weren't essentially "done-in-ones".
    With all these new introductions (Arakko/Summoners/Granny Ivys) it seems as though these opening plots could benefit more with one or two additional issues to develop and simmer.
    I know HiX-Man has an overall plan where these new elements come into play but...
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yess he worked nicely here. I didn't like the diamond form, but the old ladies looked very good.
    I think most of the facial work connected as well (and not just the old ladies), which is rarely the case with modern-day Yu.

Fantastic Member

I was hoping for more especially in the Savage Land but we just get some annoying old cranky Grandmas? Shaw and Cyclops get their ass beat by Grandmas? Why?

Meh this felt like Hickman's worst yet.... this really needs to get better fast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I was hoping for more especially in the Savage Land but we just get some annoying old cranky Grandmas? Shaw and Cyclops get their ass beat by Grandmas? Why?
    Because it’s funny.

From the moment I saw that they are old ladies, I was thinking, "Oh, one is going to pretend to be hurt to stab Scott in the back." Once a boy scout, always a boy scout.

It has been weird and funny and adds a new weird and interesting villain to Dawn of X. I liked it.

I don't get the complains. He's introducing stuff for future plots, exactly like he did in his Avengers run during the first couple issues.

Did we get spoiled with so many issues of good mutant stuff in a row that we now want everything superfast?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Because it’s funny.
    Funny? I like my pasta stale with no sauce.