View Poll Results: Do you miss Alfred?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • I won't be satisfied until he's back!

46 28.93%
  • I'd like to see him back, but I'm willing to wait a bit.

57 35.85%
  • I was hesitant, but I've come around to the idea of his death and accept its importance.

30 18.87%
  • I don't really miss him all that much to be honest.

26 16.35%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

NOTE: This thread / poll was started in August 2021.
    --------------------

With 134 people having voted,
    * I'd like to see him back, but I'm willing to wait a bit = 52 votes
    * I won't be satisfied until he's back! = 38 votes
    * I was hesitant, but I've come around to the idea of his death and accept its importance= 24 votes
    * I don't really miss him all that much to be honest = 20 votes

BANNED

Doesn't Alfred still have that clone from All Star Batman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's hard to miss him when you know he will be back in the main continuity at some point.
    it depends on how long it goes on for. Alfred Died prepandemic. Its been a minute. Im interested to see what it is like for Batman and Robin living together again. the batfamily has been divided long before that, evenyon has flown the nest(or cave) hes not taking care of kids anymore but his absence is felt.

I wonder how much longer he will be gone for. The world is out of lazarus fluid so no one can be revived

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    . . . I wonder how much longer he will be gone for. The world is out of lazarus fluid so no one can be revived
    Somebody can always find a hidden stash that somehow survived . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Somebody can always find a hidden stash that somehow survived . . .
    A finite amount existing. Possible but no one in the batfamily would dare.

For the record, Alfred was killed by Bane in Batman #77 (late October 2019).

So is nearly four years since his death long enough yet?

Extraordinary Member

For the record, Alfred was killed by Bane in Batman #77 (late October 2019).

So is nearly four years since his death long enough yet?
    If we go another 4 years, that would he pretty significant but then would wonder if his role still necessary

What appears to possibly be Alfred alive was seen in Justice Society of America #1 back in November (of 2022):
    But whether that's just an alternate / possible future that may-or-may-not-happen still remains to be seen.
    (Issue #5 of that "monthly" series is currently said to be scheduled for August 1st release, but who knows if that may get pushed out even further . . . )

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

What appears to possibly be Alfred alive was seen in Justice Society of America #1 back in November (of 2022):
    But whether that's just an alternate / possible future that may-or-may-not-happen still remains to be seen.
    (Issue #5 of that "monthly" series is currently said to be scheduled for August 1st release, but who knows if that may get pushed out even further . . . )
    I thought that was just the old Earth 2 but then I noticed Hal.

I'm guessing that's Bruce's funeral, but it's weird that in 18 years some of the characters have aged and some haven't (and the aging seems inconsistent). Do the JSA still have their various age defying excuses (which wouldn't account for Courtney) or would this be time travel?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I thought that was just the old Earth 2 but then I noticed Hal.

I'm guessing that's Bruce's funeral, but it's weird that in 18 years some of the characters have aged and some haven't (and the aging seems inconsistent). Do the JSA still have their various age defying excuses (which wouldn't account for Courtney) or would this be time travel?
    In Geoff Johns' current Justice Society of America series, Per Degaton has been messing with time (again) and currently, future Bruce's and Selina's daughter Helena (who now goes by "Huntress") has been thrown back in time from about 26 years in the future to first the 1940s and now the (our) "present" courtesy of a snowglobe with a time piece attached to it?
    And, yes, this is Bruce's funeral scene from the future Helena comes from.

Thanks, I love the JSA but I'm really not a Johns fan so have had to skip it. Sadly what I've read about it in the DC forum reaffirms it isn't for me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Thanks, I love the JSA but I'm really not a Johns fan so have had to skip it. Sadly what I've read about it in the DC forum reaffirms it isn't for me.
    I'm not a Johns fan, but so far the story about Helena seems interesting (whenever it gets published, that is . . . issue #4 came out in late May, and issue #5 might be on sale in August?).
    But the book is suppose to be Justice Society of America, and unfortunately there had been very little of that group in the first two-or-three issues.

Fingers crossed he doesn't completely tank it and the next writer can do a Justice Society book, and ship it on time.

I'm going to get a few of the solo spin-off books, though. Specifically Sandman, and maybe Jay's and Alan's.

Fingers crossed he doesn't completely tank it and the next writer can do a Justice Society book, and ship it on time.
    In all fairness to Johns, despite his past miserable record on schedule issues, we have no idea if / how much of the current delays may be his fault or not.
    Ever since Discovery bought out WB, who knows how things are working out these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I miss him and think they shouldn't have killed him. But now they better let this man rest in peace.
    Especially since he left everything Dick in his will.