Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Have you guys seen this crap?

Hey look, he wants the Gestapo. Haha, no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The term has a clear definition.
    You're usually not this much of a hardliner with regards to the proper usage of words.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    <shrug>So does 'baby killer'. Democrats need to start playing by the same rules (or lack thereof) as Republicans.

If it were just Moore, that would be one thing. One of Trumps multiple rape accusers was a 13 year old girl. He also bragged about walking in on naked Miss Teen USA contestants when he owned that brand. Despite this, conservatives and evangelicals came out in droves to vote for him. Republicans also bent over backwards defending the Catholic church during their myriad of child molestation charges several years ago. I could go on and on. On this matter (and many others) the Republican Party has Zero. Fucking. Morals.
    Read my lips: Republicans. Don't. Fucking. CARE.

Southern California’s Wildfires Will Get Worse Before They Get Better

“The prospects for containment are not good. Mother Nature is going to decide when we have the ability to put it out.”

Trump Jr. Cites Attorney-Client Privilege To Avoid Panel Questions About His Father

Donald Trump Jr. declined to discuss with lawmakers a conversation he had with his father about emails related to his Russia meeting. Yo, Dimbulb, nice way to say to the world that you're hiding something. Brilliant strategy, homeslice!

Activists Slam Elaine Chao After She Appears To Suggest Sexual Harassment Victims ‘Let It Go’

The transportation secretary later said her comments weren’t intended as advice for other women. How about this, Elaine: You NEVER should've made those comments in the first place.

News Anchor Expertly Claps Back At Viewer Who Called Her N****r

Atlanta journalist Sharon Reed addressed a viewer who criticized her mayoral race coverage. More of the ugliness spawned by the influence of Donald Trump and his racism.

Republicans Are Trying To Figure Out How Not To Shut Down Government At Christmas

Republicans and Democrats are getting closer on spending deals, but conservatives still want a say. As a government worker, I have this to say---FUCK conservatives!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I refuse to let pedophiles rebrand themselves under a more socially acceptable word because they happen to victimize a different subset of children.
    Words have definitions, but they also have power. "Pedophile" has power that these new terms don't have, which is why pedophiles want this new label instead of the old one.
    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.
    Roy Moore is a pedophile.
    QFT. We don't know all the details about why he targeted some of these young girls. Because of his religious fervor, I would guess it's a "purity" thing and they didn't present as what used to be called in my time "fast". Still, in my time I was still playing with Barbie dolls when I was 13 or 14

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Ryan pledges 'entitlement reform' in 2018

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36...mpression=true

Republicans are running on cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.

Yes. Really...
    This has been Ryan's dream but I hope it turns into his worst nightmare. Sadly a lot of seniors don't "get it". They think it's going to magically bypass them and only catch those lazy welfare mommas that drive Cadillacs that Reagan talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Have you guys seen this crap?

Oh, charming. Now, who can say they didn't see THAT coming? Talk about vile!

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    There are seven accusers in all, but none of them have testified to behavior as egregious as that of the guy who began "the Weinstein Effect." It's all either unwanted smooches or gropes, and it's up to you if you think that rates as "sexual abuse." Franken either denied the accusations or stated that he sincerely didn't remember, which I think is a pretty good defense, and a good moral reason not to air these sort of peccadilloes long after the fact.

I was hoping he would hang tough. But he's been defeated in that wonderful court of public opinion, and by a gaggle of geese who feel like they can't miss out on "who's most abused by the patriarchy."
    I think you have him confused. Franken pretty much admitted that everything the women described happened, just that the remembered the mood differently and didn't realize how they perceived the situations at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Well, that insures that "Me Too" will feed the news agencies for the next couple of months.
    You seem worried.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You know what people are saying when they use it that way.
    Vote for Moore: Technically, he's not a pedophile. Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I think you have him confused. Franken pretty much admitted that everything the women described happened, just that the remembered the mood differently and didn't realize how they perceived the situations at the time.
    There is a difference between giving a general apology and actually admitting he did anything wrong. Basically he's being punished for being Too Nice.

If he resigns he'll probably do it so as to not undermine the #MeToo movement that has helped so many women who actually were sexually harassed or worse.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yeah, wipe out jobs that should've gone the way of bell bottoms, 8-track tapes and Disco. I seem to recall Hillary Clinton making a proposal to retrain coal miners in other energy production fields during the campaign, and was soundly rebuffed by those workers who refused to give up on coal and join the 21st century while foolishly believing Trump would ride to the rescue and save their antiquated livelihoods. I wonder if those people are having second thoughts today now that Trump, having used them to get their votes have been, for all intent and purposes, kicked to the curb by Sunkist Satan like so much trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There is a difference between giving a general apology and actually admitting he did anything wrong. Basically he's being punished for being Too Nice.

If he resigns he'll probably do it so as to not undermine the #MeToo movement that has helped so many women who actually were sexually harassed or worse.
    Yeah he has his heart in the right place but i feel he is being played

There seem to be report from the Israeli media that other countries will also move their embassies to Jerusalem.

Meanwhile, Trump won the ultimate reward for being a scumbag (the presidency) while known pedophile Roy Moore could soon join Congress. Not very fair.

At this point, I fear Franken no longer has a choice but to resign. As I've said previously, Dems can't hold the moral high ground and slam the GOP over Moore while Franken remains in their ranks. For the sake of the greater good (if such a thing still exists in Washington these days), Franken has to do the decent thing and sacrifice himself.