Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    According to some, they needed a 'mission statement'. This should solve that problem.
    Then the writers can let it fade to the background so they can focus on the stories again.
    Something that's pressed on them by outside force is not a mission statement though. It should be something the Titans has to decide for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Something that's pressed on them by outside force is not a mission statement though. It should be something the Titans has to decide for themselves.
    Totally agree. Piggy backing off the Justice League's fallout doesn't give them a mission statement. It just reinforces the notion that they are team full of 2nd rate, Justice League knockoffs who are not good enough for the Justice League but are too old to hang out with the TEEN Titans (basically characters stuck in sort of a weird in-between limbo that DC doesn't know what else to do with).

Mighty Member

Cyborg was cancelled and then it wasn't, but as far as I know, it didn't miss a month like Teen Titans, Titans, and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Teen Titans and especially Titans are pretty much keeping the same creative teams, though, even though their rosters are changing some, are they not? I know I saw solicitations for a new Titans issue somewhere after the shakeup where the creative team was STILL Dan Abnett and Paul Pellitier, and I thought to myself, "Well then, what's the POINT?!? Pass..."
    Nope, Teen Titans is a brand new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Cyborg was cancelled and then it wasn't, but as far as I know, it didn't miss a month like Teen Titans, Titans, and Supergirl.
    That makes the latter titles not getting relaunched even weirder.

Nope, Teen Titans is a brand new creative team.
    Good. Might check that one out, then.

Yes it did. No issues of Cyborg were published in February and March of this year.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Fantastic Member

There is something "dated" in all of these comics, sadly.
    Titans franchise looks DOA, the New Age whatever is messy and unnecessary (minus Terrifics, and maybe Sideways), Green Lantern books need some freshness, and so many powerful artists are not on schedule. I would like to see the names like Otto Scmiht or Clay Mann on regular basis, teaming up with powerful writers.

Return of Super Sons- yay! Glad that it's IN continuity, even if it's a backstory. I was afraid the return was going to be 12 issues of Super Sons vs. The Archies or some nonsense. The backstory angle also hints pretty strongly at Bendis sidelining Jon for a while (boo!)

Return of Supergirl- yay! But big boo on the new costume and sending her away from Earth. (Is it a way of saving her from Bendis?) Seriously, does anybody at DC get what makes Supergirl iconic? Have they turned on the TV in the last 4 years? Sigh.

Cancellation of Batwoman- no loss. I tried so hard to like this series but it was 2 years of "secret history" characters I had no interest in. Where was Jacob, Bette, etc? Kate has gotten much better service in Detective.

Cancellation of Hal & the GLC. Odd. I can only guess there will be a relaunch of a new GL branding the following month. Was honestly enjoying this title as the "flagship" GL title. Baffling.

Titans- Well...the art looks good. Momma always said if you can't say something nice...

Teen Titans- I'm actually becoming more interested in this relaunch than Titans (which used to be my favorite book). The new characters look fun.

With all the cancellations, my pull list is getting shorter and shorter. There doesn't seem to be a master plan here for DC other than just shaking the tree a lot to see what falls out.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post

With all the cancellations, my pull list is getting shorter and shorter. There doesn't seem to be a master plan here for DC other than just shaking the tree a lot to see what falls out.
    Yeah my excitement level for DC is at an all time low. I genuinely enjoy The Flash as it has been fantastic and I look forward to Hawkman, outside of that I don’t care.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Yes it did. No issues of Cyborg were published in February and March of this year.
    Whoops. You are correct. Definitely missed that.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Looks like this is going to be is a very disappointing, "meh" month for me and is continuing to chop my list to almost nothing.

Oh well. I've been picking up a ton of comics the last two years so maybe now its time for a bit of a smaller list for awhile.

Superman #2 (If Bendis hasn't put me off yet)
    Action Comics #1002 (See above)
    Hal Jordan #50 - Love this series but this is the final issue so next month this will be gone too.
    Hawkman #3
    Justice League Dark #2 - Hopefully this series is good. I'm hoping it is with Zatanna in it.
    Batman Kings of Fear #1 - Love 90's Batman and love Kelly Jones so I'm in.
    Catwoman/Sylvester and Joker/Daffy Duck #1 - Looks fun

Plastic Man #3(Maybe) - Love Plas but can't stand Simone so we'll have to see how this goes.
    Terrifics #7 (Maybe) - Love most of the characters but so far this has not been written well so I might drop it by then.

So it looks like I'm going to be down to only four on goings by September or maybe even less with Bendis on two and the other two brand new series so who knows. Not looking good for me.

Fantastic Member

This kinda feels like a lighter month for DC after a few bigger ones. Beyond what I'm already pulling, I'll be adding the Sandman Universe #1 and Pearl, as I'm excited to see Bendis teaming up with Gaydos again. Maybe Scarlet too (again love the pairing with Bendis/Maleev), though I've never read the original Scarlet.

I'm not as thrilled about the Suicide Squad/Aquaman crossover (how many parts will this go on for?), but hey that means twice the Aquaman and finally a story that doesn't involve Rath, I assume! I also feel obligated to pick up the Suicide Squad Annual for Swamp Thing. So much more Suicide Squad for me this month than I'd normally go for

Fantastic Member

I am interested in quite a bit

Adventures of the Super Sons
    BATMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE MANGA VOL. 1 TP
    Scarlet
    Supergirl
    CATWOMAN/TWEETY AND SYLVESTER SPECIAL
    Catwoman
    HARLEY QUINN/GOSSAMER SPECIAL
    LEX LUTHOR/ PORKY PIG SPECIAL
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Green Lanterns
    Hawkman
    Justice Leauge
    Justice Leauge Dark
    Justice Leauge Oddessy
    Plastic Man
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Teen Titans
    Wonder Woman

Guess I'll list my picks now:

Sandman Universe #1
    Justice League #5, 6
    Justice League Dark #2
    Justice League Odyssey #2
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

No Creature of Night #4?
    Where is Wally?
    RHATO #25. My man Jason

Pull list:

Sandman Universe #1 (Yea!!)
    Adventures of the Super Sons #1 (Yippee!)
    Nightwing #47
    Nightwing Annual #1
    Superman v5 #2
    Action Comics #1002
    Batman #52 & 53
    Detective Comics #986 & 987
    Batman Beyond #23
    The Flash #52 & 53
    Justice League #5 & 6
    Teen Titans #21
    Titans #24
    Deathstroke #34
    Sideways #7
    Terrifics #7
    Immortal Men #5
    The Wild Storm #16

Anything else (like JLD) is a wait-and-see. Higher prices for comics that I got for $2.99 just last month is a definite killjoy.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.