Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Gotta give a shout out to today's issue.

Waid's been killing it on this run but today's one and done that explains Stephen's attachment to his Bleeker Street residence was especially good.

There's a doozy of a cliffhanger that leads into next month's anniversary issue but other than that, this is a tight, self-contained issue that nails the coolness of Strange and is graced with the impeccable art of Jesus Saiz. Big thumbs up!
    Agreed. This was a truly great issue. But it made me realize how much I missed the old costume, because Saiz has several awesome panels featuring Doc in the old blue tights-and-blouse combo. It just looks so much better than whatever the heck it is that he is wearing now.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Agreed. This was a truly great issue. But it made me realize how much I missed the old costume, because Saiz has several awesome panels featuring Doc in the old blue tights-and-blouse combo. It just looks so much better than whatever the heck it is that he is wearing now.
    At least the current costume looks more like Strange then that thrown together getup he was sporting from Aaron's run onwards in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least the current costume looks more like Strange then that thrown together getup he was sporting from Aaron's run onwards in my opinion.
    Please! Aaron's run is not spoken of in POLITE company!!!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Please! Aaron's run is not spoken of in POLITE company!!!
    Not a fan of DOCTOR STRANGE: REN-FAIRE REJECT?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Parker View Post
    Thank you both. Think I'll go with the recent run by Cates and Doctor Strange & Doctor Doom: Triumph & Torment.
    Doctor Strange #55. The best one and done Doctor Strange story ever told.
    3A5A24C8-F713-460D-86A3-18C181ADD890.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Glad to hear the Best Defense issues were so good. I had a stroke in October, so I’m slowly trying to catch up on my comics. It’s a slow process.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Glad to hear the Best Defense issues were so good. I had a stroke in October, so I’m slowly trying to catch up on my comics. It’s a slow process.
    Sorry to hear that! I'm glad you are doing better.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Doctor Strange #55. The best one and done Doctor Strange story ever told.
    3A5A24C8-F713-460D-86A3-18C181ADD890.jpg
    I agree with this! I love the introspection and personal strength Strange showed in that issue. Usually when heroes have heartache it drags and drags. Strange accepted it, and in some ways it made the depth of his love for Clea seem even greater when he let his pain go. Plus the way he disintegrated the knife was a cool thing.

Incredible Member

It just looks so much better than whatever the heck it is that he is wearing now.
    I disagree. I've been clamouring for a new costume for years so this is such a welcome development. I mean who goes around with flappy clothes? Though I must question why the front design is mirrored on the back.

That said, my favourite costume for Strange was in the 2004 Marvel Knights mini-series. That should be the new default.

I miss Clea and Wong!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I disagree. I've been clamouring for a new costume for years so this is such a welcome development. I mean who goes around with flappy clothes? Though I must question why the front design is mirrored on the back.

That said, my favourite costume for Strange was in the 2004 Marvel Knights mini-series. That should be the new default.
    I have to confess, I always liked the Trenchcoat of Levitation (although not the untucked shirt).

Cross that with the shirt-like tunic he wore in The Oath, and I'd be happy.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

?? Do you mean a "new costume that you personally like?" Cause Strange has had more costumes changes in the last few years than he probably had in the previously decade.

Also, I like wearing flappy clothes. But like being comfortable. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

There's often an influence from contemporary fashion. In the nineties and early noughties there was a lot of Trench coats with untucked shirts or with fancy waistcoats. At a certain point earlier, he had a swashbuckling version of his traditional (Duran Duran, Princess bride perhaps?) Then madmen slim suits came in (or back in) and we got one of my favourites The Oath suit. More recently the bad cosplay, larp, hipster suit. And now this futuristic version. Not sure where this ones coming from, unless it's a bleed through from the marvel movies, though ironically not Dr Strange's Movie one if that's the case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    ?? Do you mean a "new costume that you personally like?" Cause Strange has had more costumes changes in the last few years than he probably had in the previously decade.

Also, I like wearing flappy clothes. But like being comfortable. ;p
    Agreed. I did mean on a personal note. The "new" ones were often too similar to the "original.
    Yeah I get you. But there's a time and place for flappy clothes. I mean imagine casting a spell and your finger snags on your shirt. Rather than opening a portal you create bubbles...

... But there's a time and place for flappy clothes. I mean imagine casting a spell and your finger snags on your shirt. Rather than opening a portal you create bubbles...
    Well Strange's more billowy tunics stopped halfway down his forearms. Then of course for the rest of the length, he had those long gloves.