Page 108 of 126 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Lots of hires today.

Former SF DC Robert Saleh is the latest sacrificial lamb to become the Jets head coach.

Urban Meyer officially hired as Jags HC.

Panthers hired Scott Fitterer as GM.

Lions hire Brad Holmes as GM.

And looks like the Eagles have asked permission of the Cowboys to interview Kellen Moore for their HC position.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Lots of hires today.

Former SF DC Robert Saleh is the latest sacrificial lamb to become the Jets head coach.

And looks like the Eagles have asked permission of the Cowboys to interview Kellen Moore for their HC position.

-M
    Don't do it, Kellen!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

My Picks:
    Packers over the Rams.
    Bills over the Ravens.
    Chiefs over the Browns.
    Saints over the Bucs. I am biased I loath Tom Brady, please just go away. We have seen enough of you in Playoff/Super Bowl games to last 4 life times.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kellen Moore seems like the perfect coach for the Eagles really. He checks the boxes on what the Philadelphia Eagles have had success with...

- Offensive mastermind type coach around key QB's (Andy Reid around Brett Farve in Green Bay , Moore around Dak Prescott)

- Is young at his age . Andy Reid was 41 when hired in 1999. Moore would be 33.

- Both men were behind some key offenses. Reid was a QB coach and assistant under Holmgren and hot offense there. Meanwhile Moore has been around a hot offense with Dallas. The systems both teams run is very QB friendly.

The hiring makes sense here. Moore if the Eagles go with Hurts is getting a young QB in Prescott mold to groom. Its wild but Moore to me could be a very good coach and I can see why Dallas wants to keep him . But teams have seen how young and talented he really is.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Kellen Moore seems like the perfect coach for the Eagles really. He checks the boxes on what the Philadelphia Eagles have had success with...

- Offensive mastermind type coach around key QB's (Andy Reid around Brett Farve in Green Bay , Moore around Dak Prescott)

- Both men were behind some key offenses. Reid was a QB coach and assistant under Holmgren and hot offense there. Meanwhile Moore has been around a hot offense with Dallas. The systems both teams run is very QB friendly.

The hiring makes sense here. Moore if the Eagles go with Hurts is getting a young QB in Prescott mold to groom. Its wild but Moore to me could be a very good coach and I can see why Dallas wants to keep him . But teams have seen how young and talented he really is.
    Moore does indeed check all the boxes, but it’s hard to imagine Dallas letting him leave to a division rival.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Urban Meyer, big college coaches aren't usually successful in the NFL. Risky move by the Jags.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I can see why Urban chose to go there, its because he gets the opportunity to build the franchise from the ground up. It is a true sink or swim situation, but at the same time he gets total control to a large extent through the draft next year. The owner has pretty much said this team is now in Meyer's hands completely.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Lots of hires today.

-M
    So does this all but cement Daboll going to San Diego?
    What other HC positions are open?

More news and notes...

Former Titans OC Arthur Smith officially named the new HC of Atlanta.

Josh Gordon indefinitely suspended, again.

Former Bears DE Mario Edwards Jr. suspended the first two games of the 2021 season for PEDs.

and apparently the Texans are trying to smooth ruffled feathers and say they want DeShaun Watson to be a part of the hiring process for their new coach.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I can see why Urban chose to go there, its because he gets the opportunity to build the franchise from the ground up. It is a true sink or swim situation, but at the same time he gets total control to a large extent through the draft next year. The owner has pretty much said this team is now in Meyer's hands completely.
    Beyond the fact Meyer works for one of the most patient owners in the league, he can fly under the radar while building his team as all the attention in Florida will be on Brady and the Bucs and the up and coming Dolphins.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Beyond the fact Meyer works for one of the most patient owners in the league, he can fly under the radar while building his team as all the attention in Florida will be on Brady and the Bucs and the up and coming Dolphins.
    I was going to say this. There are several massive advantages to going to Jacksonville. Khan, as you said, is the most patient owner and will give him time to get a program installed. They have Lawrence coming in along with a lot of great draft picks from the Ramsey trade. They also have nowhereto go but up. Next year is almost guaranteed to be better which will take pressure of Meyers. Also Jacksonville isn't a massive pro football market so you won't have fuming fans. He has a treasure trove to build with and no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    So does this all but cement Daboll going to San Diego?
    What other HC positions are open?
    Daboll is emerging as the favorite for the Los Angles Chargers HC position.

Eagles have asked and received permission to meet with the LA Rams DC Staley.

Both are waiting for the results of this weekends games to see if their teams are eliminated before beginning actual negotiations, as both of these candidates cannot be hired while their teams are still alive in the playoff race.

Other news and notes...

Watkins looks to be inactive for the Chiefs.

Speculation is that the Ravens will move on from Mark Ingram as he will be inactive for this weekend's game.

-M

It seems Watson in a cryptic tweet after hearing the owner claim he would have input on a coach doesn't seem to believe it. And given how the owner shut him out of anything to discuss about hiring a GM after saying he would , I don't think anyone believes him on this. Watson wanted the team to interview Eric Beinemy but the team dragged its feet and wouldn't , now have to sit and wait possibly on that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

I remember Kellen at Boise. Not a big arm, and rather short, but the guy was an OC on the field and carved up defenses like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I remember Kellen at Boise. Not a big arm, and rather short, but the guy was an OC on the field and carved up defenses like no other.
    Philadelphia has put in a request for Beinemy and to interview Josh McDaniels. I fully suspect McDaniels will turn it down and stay with Belichick as usual. But the team could stay with that Andy Reid coaching tree deal with Beinemy.