Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
    I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    The wall is an immense wall from one side of the world to the other - on the other side are zombies - same as in GoT. Also, there is some sort of guard whose duty or punishment is to guard that wall. That is not the same thing as Hadrian's Wall, the walls of Rome or the Great Wall.

And a quick trip to Google shows I am not the only one who noticed:

http://www.avclub.com/article/secret...-marvel-219456

Secret Wars #2 pulls from Game Of Thrones to create a new Marvel landscape

Each week, Big Issues focuses on a newly released comic book of significance. This week it’s Secret Wars #2. Written by Jonathan Hickman (New Avengers, East Of West) with art by Esad Ribic (Thor: God Of Thunder, Uncanny X-Force) and colorist Ive Svorcina (Thor: God Of Thunder, Starlight), this issue introduces a new Marvel universe that incorporates elements from all of Marvel Comics history and brings them together for a Game Of Thrones-inspired story on Battleworld. (This review reveals major plot points.)[/I]
    Yet in another thread, you say it's a rip-off of Godwheel. Which story does it rip-off more?

SECRET WARS BATTLEWORLD REMINDS ME OF THE GODWHEEL WORLD OF MALIBU COMICS’ ULTRAVERSE
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    ..or a version of one of the FF....Galactus never was that flaming red...and I highlight the word "flaming"
    We see the 616-Galactus flaming in the future in Aaron's Thor.

BANNED

Do you think Thanos and the Cabal will be a threat to God Doom?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope so. I'd like to see how that would go down. And maybe Namor will come back to the heroes side and help out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope so. I'd like to see how that would go down. And maybe Namor will come back to the heroes side and help out.
    I don't. I want to see Doom bitch slap Thanos I thought you would as well.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    I don't. I want to see Doom bitch slap Thanos I thought you would as well.
    You misunderstand me. I meant I want the Cabal to be a threat to Doom which would lead to them having a huge battle. I also want to see Doom and Namor get back together as allies

Spideyparker75

Thanos V Doom would be a cool showdown should it happen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    Thanos V Doom would be a cool showdown should it happen.
    Been a long time coming. The previous battles were mere skirmishes, and one-sided, at that.

I'd like to see them faced with a common catastrophe, which the heroes are blinded from seeing clearly, and work together to set things straight, and never be acknowledged for it. Something that would pit Thanos not only against the heroes, but against his cabal, as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You misunderstand me. I meant I want the Cabal to be a threat to Doom which would lead to them having a huge battle. I also want to see Doom and Namor get back together as allies
    Yeah would love to see them back together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Yet in another thread, you say it's a rip-off of Godwheel. Which story does it rip-off more?

SECRET WARS BATTLEWORLD REMINDS ME OF THE GODWHEEL WORLD OF MALIBU COMICS’ ULTRAVERSE
    I did not say it was a rip off of Godwheel. I said it reminded me of Godwheel. There is a difference.

BANNED

Anyone else notice the Dune references?

Dune Messiah, God Emperor Dune - Doom Messiah, God Emperor Doom

Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    I did not say it was a rip off of Godwheel. I said it reminded me of Godwheel. There is a difference.
    Yeah right... in any case: a) Is there anything remotely wrong in an author refenrecing some pice of literature consciously or not? because seem to me that Is really hard writing on the basis of nothing. Even in state of nature you're referencing your experiences somehow we can't escape. Why is such big issue for some people i don't know.
    b) Is not Got who used it first. Your comment pusehd me to do something i promised me to do rarely(as it is very addictive to me...) I checked TV trope. It is called TheGreatWall. Apparently is quite the go to idea when the big evil has the politeness to occupy a very specific and restricted area. but
    c) reading carefully A-force three things come to my mind, and the main one is the Shield is not a wall at all...is a prison! The double as wall. Say what you want about god emperor Doom(Is there anything about doom that is not Metal as f++k? The man is like walking Epic Metal Lp!!) but he don't waste resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Anyone else notice the Dune references?

Dune Messiah, God Emperor Dune - Doom Messiah, God Emperor Doom

Pretty cool.
    I think that some of these reference need to be listed because theya re really cool....aaannnd now i have to compulsion to check Tv tropes about Secret wars.....godDOOMit!!....

I think that some of these reference need to be listed because theya re really cool....aaannnd now i have to compulsion to check Tv tropes about Secret wars.....godDOOMit!!....
    See you next week, at earliest.

Yeah right... in any case: a) Is there anything remotely wrong in an author refenrecing some pice of literature consciously or not? because seem to me that Is really hard writing on the basis of nothing. Even in state of nature you're referencing your experiences somehow we can't escape. Why is such big issue for some people i don't know.
    b) Is not Got who used it first. Your comment pusehd me to do something i promised me to do rarely(as it is very addictive to me...) I checked TV trope. It is called TheGreatWall. Apparently is quite the go to idea when the big evil has the politeness to occupy a very specific and restricted area. but
    c) reading carefully A-force three things come to my mind, and the main one is the Shield is not a wall at all...is a prison! The double as wall. Say what you want about god emperor Doom(Is there anything about doom that is not Metal as f++k? The man is like walking Epic Metal Lp!!) but he don't waste resources.
    Some originality is a nice thing from the supposed House of Ideas.