Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    This is beyond ridiculous. A group of black X-Men and call it X-Men: Black? Then I suppose a group comprising East Asians like Armor, Sunfire, Karma and Jubilee would be X-Men: Yellow? Or a group of South Asians like Trinary and Indra and call it X-Men: Brown? Yeah, let's segregate the X-Men by their skin pigmentation. Great idea. The pinnacle of Xavier's vision.
    Do you have issue with the O5 or xmen whit.. I mean xmen blue before bloodstorm was shoehorned in the team?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you have issue with the O5 or xmen whit.. I mean xmen blue before bloodstorm was shoehorned in the team?
    The book wasn't called X-Men: White, was it?

The book wasn't called X-Men: White, was it?
    So as long as the team name is not white it's okay that team is all or predominantly white?? Haha ok
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

So as long as the team name is not white it's okay that team is all or predominantly white?? Haha ok
    You still don't get it, do you? Skin colour is all you see. They didn't set out to have a book with all white characters. The idea was just to feature the original 5. But when you have teams made up by skin colour, and then name the team by their skin colour also, you're drawing attention to their separateness and segregating them not by their mission statement or skill or profession, but by their skin colour only.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i really don’t see how it’s dfferwnt than the all female team. None of the male members could help them?
    I didn't see the point of that, either.

People, obviously, have all sorts of ideas on dealing with diversity.
    What I'd like to see is diversity become the norm. I can't see where that can be achieved by billing a book as all one race or all one gender. Look at the backlash from the O5, and they weren't marketed as the all white team.

It's the difference in inclusive marketing vs. exclusive.

Until we can say (collectively 'we', as people in general) for example, "Hey, that's a great superhero movie!" rather than "Hey, that's a great black superhero movie" or "Wow, what an interesting character" rather than "What an interesting gay character." then I don't think we've made it, as a people yet. I don't think we've gotten it.

You still don't get it, do you? Skin colour is all you see. They didn't set out to have a book with all white characters. The idea was just to feature the original 5. But when you have teams made up by skin colour, and then name the team by their skin colour also, you're drawing attention to their separateness and segregating them not by their mission statement or skill or profession, but by their skin colour only.
    Agree with the bolded
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 02-22-2018 at 09:10 PM.

OH please spare me this whole crap about only seeing skin color. Were you making similar complaints about these xmen teams:

New Xmen (2001-2002)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Wolverine

New Xmen (2002-2003)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Xorn

New Xmen (2003-2004)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Xorn; also featured were the following students:Angel Salvador, Basilisk, Beak, Dust, Ernst, No-Girl, Stepford Cuckoos

New Xmen (2004)
    Cassandra Nova, E.V.A., Tito Jerome Bohusk,Tom Skylark and Rover, Wolverine

New Xmen (2004)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Stepford Cuckoos

Xmen (2004-2005)
    Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Juggernaut, Polaris, Rogue, Wolverine

Xmen (2005-2006)
    Emma Frost, Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Polaris, Rogue, Wolverine

Xmen (2006)
    Cyclops, Emma Frost, Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Mystique, Polaris, Rogue

Xmen(2006)
    Cable, Cannonball, Iceman, Lady Mastermind, Mystique, Omega Sentinel, Rogue, Sabretooth

Do you see a pattern?? Do you see what the teams all have in common?
    Years upon years the xmen were composed of white only if not predominantly white teams. It's not separating or only seeing color, it's just being honest. And their name not being Xmen White doesn't change the xmen have been white for decades. The xmen have been this way for years and years, it just didn't happen with the O5 xmen blue team. Yet when an all black cast is recommended it all of the sudden becomes about race?? Please just stop people that suggest things like this come off very hypocritical.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-22-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Now we do go into the race discussions, which I asked not to do. It was just asking how you guys would feel of a book like this happened, how would you feel about it and would you buy a series with the cast I suggested.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I'd get it for Storm, Bishop, and Frenzy.

BANNED

Xmen blue are all white and Bloodstorm is just a supporting cast

BANNED

OH please spare me this whole crap about only seeing skin color. Were you making similar complaints about these xmen teams:

New Xmen (2001-2002)

New Xmen (2002-2003)

New Xmen (2003-2004)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Xorn; also featured were the following students:Angel Salvador, Basilisk, Beak, Dust, Ernst, No-Girl, Stepford Cuckoos

New Xmen (2004)

New Xmen (2004)

Xmen (2004-2005)

Xmen (2005-2006)

Xmen (2006)

Xmen(2006)
    Cable, Cannonball, Iceman, Lady Mastermind, Mystique, Omega Sentinel, Rogue, Sabretooth

Years upon years the xmen were composed of white only if not predominantly white teams. It's not separating or only seeing color, it's just being honest. And their name not being Xmen White doesn't change the xmen have been white for decades. The xmen have been this way for years and years, it just didn't happen with the O5 xmen blue team. Yet when an all black cast is recommended it all of the sudden becomes about race?? Please just stop people that suggest things like this come off very hypocritical.
    Nono of this runs would have better sales if they would promote them as all white team. they would have worse sales. Color of the skin is less important than premise of book.
    they are not focused on color of the skin

BANNED

New Xmen (2001-2002)

New Xmen (2002-2003)

New Xmen (2003-2004)

New Xmen (2004)

New Xmen (2004)

Xmen (2004-2005)

Xmen (2005-2006)

Xmen (2006)

Xmen(2006)

Yet again, all you see is the skin colour. And that's if we forget that you're picking and choosing the teams, conveniently ignoring the New Mutants and the New X-Men. So yes, you are a racist and a bigot. You see a team, and instead of recognising the history of the characters or their relationships, you choose to see just their skin colour, and based on just the skin colour, you dismiss their reason for being in a team, or imply that people who do not make a fuss about them are racists.

Yet again, all you see is the skin colour. And that's if we forget that you're picking and choosing the teams, conveniently ignoring the New Mutants and the New X-Men. So yes, you are a racist and a bigot. You see a team, and instead of recognising the history of the characters or their relationships, you choose to see just their skin colour, and based on just the skin colour, you dismiss their reason for being in a team, or imply that people who do not make a fuss about them are racists.
    Call me whatever you want but all I see is a hypocrite crying segregation based upon skin color when it's a black cast yet justify all white teams as acceptable because its recognizing history of characters, as if black characters of the same color don't have history. Please save it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Nono of this runs would have better sales if they would promote them as all white team. they would have worse sales. Color of the skin is less important than premise of book.

they are not focused on color of the skin
    So an all black team focuses on color but an all white team doesn't? The hypocrisy on this forum is on a level I would have never imagined had I not read these responses myself.

BANNED

So an all black team focuses on color but an all white team doesn't? The hypocrisy on this forum is on a level I would have never imagined had I not read these responses myself.
    All black team is focused on color.
    All white team would be focused on color. X-men teams ... they weren't.

example
    Cable, Cannonball, Iceman, Lady Mastermind, Mystique, Omega Sentinel, Rogue, Sabretooth - this team wasn't focused on color.
    BP mini was advertised as all black book which is one the reasons why it failed.

Book about Tony Stark will have better sales than Book about Tony Stark who is white. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    All black team is focused on color.
    All white team would be focused on color. X-men teams ... they weren't.

example
    Cable, Cannonball, Iceman, Lady Mastermind, Mystique, Omega Sentinel, Rogue, Sabretooth - this team wasn't focused on color.
    BP mini was advertised as all black book which is one the reasons why it failed.

Book about Tony Stark will have better sales than Book about Tony Stark who is white. Simple.
    None of what you are saying makes sense to me.

The crew was advertised as team of black panther and his peers who happened to be black. The book also wasn't focused on color did you read the book? It focused on issues that impact people of color in this country, there's a big difference in that. All in all, it didn't sale because it was advertised as a black book, it didn't sale because black comicbooks dont sale well period.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2018 at 02:22 AM.