View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 107 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 757971031041051061071081091101111171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Sleeper omnibus is the best omnibus Dc put out quality wise together with the Golden age Superman omnibus. Story wise, Sleeper is one of my personal favorites. There's a lot of nudity, gore and swearing in it, but it's a very intense and compelling story. The second part is somewhat less compelling but still very good. The first part is one of my all time favorite stories.

I asked about Absolute Top ten some time ago and the replies were all the same: it's one of the best Absolutes, quality and story wise.
    I ended up ordering both after 3 days of mulling it over lol. I could have gone all Hellboy and BPRD to take full advantage of the current sale, but I settled with picking up LE's 3-5 for now and tossing in Powers Definitive v04. It's just nice to finally own some self-contained, already finished series I can sink into without hesitation.

Now I just need to wait for Saga Deluxe v01 to come out in November. Seems like an amazing deal for the amount of content.

It says on IST there's a 3-8 percent discount for all Dark Horse books....but what's 8 percent off exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    It says on IST there's a 3-8 percent discount for all Dark Horse books....but what's 8 percent off exactly?
    I believe 3% is the max for Dark Horse even though it says 3-8%. I haven't noticed anything above the added 3%. If you organize listing by discount and go through the pages there isn't any change from 45% off.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    The 8% discount is on IDW books right now, I believe.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The 8% discount is on IDW books right now, I believe.
    The confusion comes from IST specifically listing DH as 3-8% and other discounted publishers as 8%.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Dini's Detective run needs a proper deluxe collection.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Have other people found this? I got AoA omnibus from them and it was shipped from the US. It arrived pretty beat up so I didn't bother ordering anything else from them. They do seem to have the cheapest prices by a fair bit though, so if their packaging's improved I may be tempted.
    I've stopped shopping with them entirely after attempting to buy the Deadpool Omnibus from them. Waited 30 days after it was 'dispatched' before contacting them as it hadn't arrived and they claimed they sent out another book, 30 days later still nothing. The customer service was good, I got a refund without any hassle but I don't think I believe the same book got 'lost' in the mail system twice.

Spectacular Member

Was it a known thing that New Frontier was getting a new hardcover, most likely a deluxe? Cos it sure as hell slipped by me if it was. As someone who doesn't like Absolutes (one of the few ), this is great news.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DC-New-Front...02584&sr=1-154

I saw that the other day and added it to my cart. If it includes the material from the Absolute does that mean it's the same thing just regular size and minus the slipcase?

I'm not a big Absolute fan either, although i may be making an exception for Transmet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Was it a known thing that New Frontier was getting a new hardcover, most likely a deluxe? Cos it sure as hell slipped by me if it was. As someone who doesn't like Absolutes (one of the few ), this is great news.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DC-New-Front...02584&sr=1-154
    It's also on the .ca site as well saying New Frontier Deluxe Edition. So this is good news! Might be in the new solicits, comes out February.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    It's also on the .ca site as well saying New Frontier Deluxe Edition. So this is good news! Might be in the new solicits, comes out February.
    Really good news! I thought it was previously said to be just a standard sized paperback but it being a deluxe hardcover now makes it a lot more exciting.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I've stopped shopping with them entirely after attempting to buy the Deadpool Omnibus from them. Waited 30 days after it was 'dispatched' before contacting them as it hadn't arrived and they claimed they sent out another book, 30 days later still nothing. The customer service was good, I got a refund without any hassle but I don't think I believe the same book got 'lost' in the mail system twice.
    Doh, I just ordered Big Damn Sin City from them after the recommendations above. Thanks for letting me know, here's hoping your experience was the exception.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Doh, I just ordered Big Damn Sin City from them after the recommendations above. Thanks for letting me know, here's hoping your experience was the exception.
    I just finished the first story in Big Damn Sin City and it was pretty intense. And the quality is top notch but you already knew that
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    Really good news! I thought it was previously said to be just a standard sized paperback but it being a deluxe hardcover now makes it a lot more exciting.
    Just checked my Amazon.com pre-order (which was made July 20th) and it has indeed change from "paperback" to "hardcover". Good news. Surely it will be a Deluxe?

EDIT: Also, the Identity Crisis: 10th Anniversary Edition seems to have changed from standard-sized hardcover to a Deluxe Edition!
    Last edited by titansupes; 08-17-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Let's hope more of the Absolute's get the Deluxe treatment. It's the perfect middle ground. Slightly over sized at an affordable price.