Page 240 of 662 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how could magic that center around British mythology, or Camelot, connect to the mysticism of the African plains? I wouldnt be opposed to it but I think it dilutes something that has been lacking frankly in the xbooks.

oh and I misread your post my bad.
    It doesnt need to but a future arc could have them shift gears and have Storm be the focus as it delves into her new mythos.

OR they could have given her a stealth solo here and used the same concept as Excalibur but have it solely be about her. Her supporting cast could be Gentle, Trinary, Nightcrawler....aka X-men Red with her as lead.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It doesnt need to but a future arc could have them shift gears and have Storm be the focus as it delves into her new mythos.

OR they could have given her a stealth solo here and used the same concept as Excalibur but have it solely be about her. Her supporting cast could be Gentle, Trinary, Nightcrawler....aka X-men Red with her as lead.
    I wouldn't mind that first part. But in a fashion that links maybe to her magical ancestry. this is the birthplace of magic right? so if she was brought in to explore that would be cool however it's kinda hard to say as the writer ie llls exploring something called mutant magic which is supposed to be completely new whereas ororo mystic abilities seem to be that of traditional magic.

I do think being in maurauders is less ideal when with all I mentioned considering she siuld be kittys lacky and working for the evil frost lady.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Co-signed. I am pretty much over X-Men now. Marvel’s premiere black female character, a leader respected all over Marvel earth, deserves better. I can see Storm supporting Kitty because she is one of the leaders who shaped her and would want to see her grow into the role. But Storm needs to step out on her own. I’m just not going to spend the $$$ on crap wrapped in “hopeful words”. These x-writers forever make the claims about their affinity for Storm but....when have they actually delivered??!! And agreed on the point about Cyclops and Capt America. Marvel wouldn’t do this to them but clearly ok to diminish the woman of color. So I’m good. Just needed to know if they had no plans for Storm, which is clear, so I can continue to save my money.
    nothing but truth. the proof is in the execution which is why all my cards is with coates

#incoateswetrust
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I wouldn't mind that first part. But in a fashion that links maybe to her magical ancestry. this is the birthplace of magic right? so if she was brought in to explore that would be cool however it's kinda hard to say as the writer ie llls exploring something called mutant magic which is supposed to be completely new whereas ororo mystic abilities seem to be that of traditional magic.

I do think being in maurauders is less ideal when with all I mentioned considering she siuld be kittys lacky and working for the evil frost lady.
    Yeah Im rolling my eyes at her potentially being 3rd in command behind Kitty and Emma. I really hope there is a good story explanation for this and better than the weak sauce one given after IvX. That was also the last time Storm trusted Emma and she manipulated her and then ran away when the sh-t hit the fan.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-22-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah Im rolling my eyes at her potentially being 3rd in command behind Kitty and Emma. I really hope their is a good story explanation for this and better than the weak sauce one given after IvX
    like I mentioned elsewhere there isnt any situation that would make this ok. imagine if kitty was leading a team with cyclops on it. people would lose their heads. but with ororo it's always a rationale or justification to make it ok.. it simply isnt. if it wouldn't be ok for cyclops it should be ok for Ororo. imho
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-22-2019 at 11:02 PM.

I'm not sure if this was posted yet, but I really like this Storm art by Bruno Frenda:

If her hair was like this then I would love this look/costume so much more.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm not sure if this was posted yet, but I really like this Storm art by Bruno Frenda:

Well, time to change my avatar again.

I'm going to take another wait and see approach with this upcoming Marauders title. I don't like Storm being on the same team with other elementals (I know that's silly but it's my truth). I also would have preferred for Storm to actually be the leader of a team. If it turns out to be written well then I'll be happy but I'm not going to get too excited.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Well, time to change my avatar again.

I love the way her face is drawn here. She looks good.

that's gorgeous!!

I'm going to take another wait and see approach with this upcoming Marauders title. I don't like Storm being on the same team with other elementals (I know that's silly but it's my truth). I also would have preferred for Storm to actually be the leader of a team. If it turns out to be written well then I'll be happy but I'm not going to get too excited.
    you are making my point about having to make another wait and see approach. we fans have been here too many times. it would be nice if for once the xoffices proved us wrong but I'm not holding my breathe. on another note fearless is out tomorrow. I hope it is good.

Mighty Member

to be honest.. I can see why folks are a bit peeved.. Kitty leading Storm is like Katy Perry and Beyonce being in a girl group where Katy is singing lead and Beyonce is the doo wop pop chick in the background.. It dont make sense. But hopefully its a good story, Storm and Bishop get the shine and Storm eventually is made a priority when she is cast appropriately for the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    to be honest.. I can see why folks are a bit peeved.. Kitty leading Storm is like Katy Perry and Beyonce being in a girl group where Katy is singing lead and Beyonce is the doo wop pop chick in the background.. It dont make sense. But hopefully its a good story, Storm and Bishop get the shine and Storm eventually is made a priority when she is cast appropriately for the movies.
    it makes perfect sense. however, you will be met with people telling you your concern is only around wanting to see feats or her leading the team and not around characterization or humanity. which by the by is not factual in the least. It would be nice if it's a good story, fans arent responding in this way just to have something to gripe about, it's been a thing for many years now that this character gets crapped on yet we are constantly told to give a story a chance. Nope, next. #overit

babies..... I got some teas about out gurl and some of you are gonna love it while others are gonna hate it.

we are entering the age of storm!!!!

babies..... I got some teas about out gurl and some of you are gonna love it while others are gonna hate it.

we are entering the age of storm!!!!
    Ok...you got my attention