Page 97 of 233 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3488
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What an absolute waste of Gage's talent. The man has proven he has the chops for doing a solid team book and they waste him on this dreck.
    It may be dreck but it's dreck that sells like hotcakes:

https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...72385387454464

https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/stat...41783221276673

https://twitter.com/ComicBossTimmy/s...33624595255306

https://twitter.com/JetpackComics/st...78364594397185

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1

I've also heard that the writing in the comic is way better than it has any reason to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've also heard that the writing in the comic is way better than it has any reason to be.
    Gage is probably doing the panel by panel breakdowns while the Fortnite guy just comes up with the basic plot of each issue. Gage has experience with that thanks to Slott lol.

Fortnite is huge and I’m sure a bunch of kids are picking this up to get the exclusive outfit. Honestly this is kind of brilliant, it will get more kids reading comics than all the reboots could
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

any predictions on tom taylor's new DC title before tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think it's 50/50 whether it's an Elseworlds or in the main continuity.

Let’s see on the short list of possibilities

-Something Injustice related

-Something DCeased related

-Something Nightwing related, possibly a crossover

-Something Suicide Squad related, from his last run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Something that won't be good either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Something that won't be good either way.
    Nah. His series have all been good. Loved his Injustice 2 series. Was really good and showed love to characters that are usually MIA in the main continuity. Though if you’re a Wonder Woman fan, I can see why you hold this opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Could those rumors just be more of the "DC is Closing Shop in June 2021" type crap that keeps floating around? Idle speculation by people who aren't really involved in any of the decision-making?
    It’s not idle speculation or benign rumors. It’s all, only coming from EVS and it’s all intentionally dishonest and malicious like everything else he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Nah. His series have all been good. Loved his Injustice 2 series. Was really good and showed love to characters that are usually MIA in the main continuity. Though if you’re a Wonder Woman fan, I can see why you hold this opinion
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When writes something that doesn't suck (DCeased was bad too), I'll give him praise.

I’ve loved everything he’s written and Nightwing, while only two issues in, has been terrific. I’d love it if they gave him Justice League, because I love the way he’s written Justice League characters already. (Getting rid of Bendis would be an added benefit.) He writes with heart and with a clear love of DC and it’s characters. But he’s not getting JL any time soon so here’s an even better idea IMO...

Many will say this is heresy but I’m hoping very much that his announcement is that he’s writing a JSA ongoing series.

The pit of dread in my stomach and the way he’s “freaking out a little” means it’s probably a Superman book . Just hope to God it’s an out of continuity one so he doesn’t screw up the mainline versions of the characters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Many will say this is heresy but I’m hoping very much that his announcement is that he’s writing a JSA ongoing series.
    Haha, I'm sure that that would create some anger in the community. Back in the day I was one of few people who thought that his Earth-2 was better (obviously till big event started that destroyed everything) than what Robinson was doing and had some "fun" discussions on this forum. I remember even going as far as counting panels of how many times certain characters appeared in these runs to counter some of the "Taylor is doing nothing with these characters" arguments.

Him doing Superman or JSA would be great, but I feel like it is just going to be Injustice or Dceased related thing. Thou he is really hyping it up on his twittter and it would feel a bit underwhelming if it is just more of the same.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

As much as I find Fortnite boring, it has a huge fanbase adding Batman to the mix would get people to read the comic.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?