Page 376 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertemprr View Post
    Yeah, it just seems like a massive double-dip now after the WoK and RoK omnibus collection info.
    I really need to check and see what OHC's I have and what are missing from them. I've picked up the GoTG Omnibus and I think I have all the OHC's of the events but I'm sure I'll be missing some books but it is good to see all of the Cosmic Comics released in the oversized format.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So when do you read # 13-19 of GoG?
    They are in the WoK omni. If you are going WoK OHC or trades to cover that chunk of story then those issues should be read concurrently with that event.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertemprr View Post
    Is there anything significant missing from the 4 Cosmic Marvel Omnibus (Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, War of Kings, Realm of Kings)? As far as I can tell, some missing issues include:

Thanos #1-12
    Nova #13-22
    Guardians of the Galaxy #1-12
    Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1-4

Are these available in OHC format? Are the Omnibus editions a decent way to read the cosmic series now?
    Some might disagree but I would put Deadly Genesis in there for its relevance to WoK. At 6 issues would make a 44 issue Road to War omni.
    Last edited by Brewman; 07-12-2016 at 04:41 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    I saw this on Mark Waid's twitter about his DD run being collected into an omnibus.

The first Omnibus volume will have 1-27, 10.1; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 677; AVENGING SPIDER-MAN 6; PUNISHER 10.

I don't know if this was news or not.
    That's significantly less than it should collect. There's very little reason to get this instead of the OHC's
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 07-12-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I know of a few people who have, and I can guarantee there will be many others. I think it was likely also bumped by people who would usually wait a month or two buying release day because they also know this will never come again.

Get it now, or expect big bucks on eBay in a year.

In other news, the Realm of Kings omni contents has appeared:
    REALM OF KINGS 1; REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS 1-5; REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD 1-5; REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK 1-4; NOVA (2007) 29-36; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 20-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE 1-6, IGNITION, DEVASTATION; ANNIHILATORS 1-4; ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL 1-4; THANOS SOURCEBOOK; MATERIAL FROM I AM AN AVENGER 3

Quite annoyed by the inclusion of half of the GotG omnibus that literally just came out. Cash grab tactics from Marvel once again.

It's been quite a while, double dipping wise, since they've been this bad for it.
    Well, given the rest of the contents, I should think at least that the Annihilators and Annihilators: Earthfall items will be the main stories, whereas the GotG omni contained the backup stories. The main stories actually do serve as sequels to The Thanos Imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

HOLD THE PHONE - other incoming solicits also have contents. Here's the Excalibur Epic:
    COLLECTING: VOL. 1: CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) 1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) 1-11, SPECIAL EDITION, MOJO MAYHEM; MATERIAL FROM MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL 7, 14-15; MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 31-38

Yep, confirmed: All current fish have contents listed. I'll update guide pages over the course of the next two nights to match. Nothing is terribly surprising based on our early guesses.
    Damn my bad timing! I would love to have this for the Captain Britain, Mighty World of Marvel, and MCP stories, but if I bought this after spending what I have on collecting Excalibur as issues, my wife might kill me.

On to investigating how much those issues of MCP and Captain Britain cost by themselves, and hoping that they get put on Comixology when this comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    On to investigating how much those issues of MCP and Captain Britain cost by themselves, and hoping that they get put on Comixology when this comes out.
    They should be. Marvel's digital trades seem to gather the individual digital issues themselves (and other material) as opposed to being a digital edition of the trade publication file. That's how it's looked to me with the few digital trades I've bought. And if you look at the digital trades of older material that Marvel releases on a Thursday, every single one of them had the individual issues released earlier, usually the previous Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    BAH!! I wish i'd never bought the GoG omni !!
    I'd rather have a gazilion times the Road to war of Kings Omni to complete this!
    A Road to War of Kings or Annihilation Conquest: Aftermath Omni could collect Nova #13 to 22, Guardians #1 to 12, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1 to 4... Anything else?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    It also had the benefit of releasing on the first of the month, giving it a full 30 days of sales. If that matters to the way these numbers are done. Still, a strong sales result has been pretty apparent since Amazon even ran out at one point!
    That's true. I believe it does matter as I remember seeing it a couple of times on the Diamond reorder lists that were posted on Bleedingcool.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    That's significantly less than it should collect. There's very little reason to get this instead of the OHC's
    Why significantly less? The remainder of Waid's run along with Indestructible Hulk #9-10 will be put into a Vol. 2 Omnibus. If it had more, Vol. 2 would be way too slim. If you mean price wise, then yes $100 is quite steep for only 700+ pages. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Btw, Rich Rider is apparently coming back, he'll be getting a new #1 in the next round of Marvel #1's

13664632_10155031827589115_1594815566_n.jpg
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 07-12-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    They should be. Marvel's digital trades seem to gather the individual digital issues themselves (and other material) as opposed to being a digital edition of the trade publication file. That's how it's looked to me with the few digital trades I've bought. And if you look at the digital trades of older material that Marvel releases on a Thursday, every single one of them had the individual issues released earlier, usually the previous Tuesday.
    True, but there are gaps. MCP 1-10 aren't available on Comixology, though they're part of the Wolverine Epic Collection Volume 1: Madripoor Nights (which is available as a collection file). Other MCP issues are available, though usually just one story from them for 99 cents.

ALSO: The Star Wars Epic Collection: The Newspaper Strip. It appears to be using the formatting of the "Classic Star Wars" re-releases (Dark Horse reformatted the newstrip comics in a way that made them publishable as regular comics, but split the stories in weird ways), but it looks like they're drawing the dividing lines between Epic volumes based on the stories, not the issues.

We know this because one of the story arcs, called "Darth Vader Strikes", was published in part of issue 2, all of issue 3, and part of issue 4. The Amazon post (I presume; I saw this on wikipedia) states that the Epic collects "Classic Star Wars 1-3 and material from Classic Star Wars 4".

I presume then that the second Epic Collection of this line begins with "material from Classic Star Wars 4" and goes on to collect 5-20 and possibly the two missing newstrip stories (The Constancia Affair, which was published as a one-shot later on, and The Kashyyyk Depths, which remains uncollected and possibly still formatted only as a newstrip).
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 07-12-2016 at 09:00 AM.

A Road to War of Kings or Annihilation Conquest: Aftermath Omni could collect Nova #13 to 22, Guardians #1 to 12, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1 to 4... Anything else?
    I think this question is been asked a few times, ever since they announced the War of Kings Omni, but if the ever make such a thing, X-Men Deadly Genesis is a must. And I would put Son of M and Silent war in there, if there is still room.

X-Men: Deadly Genesis

Glad to see Excalibur is getting an epic, would have preferred an hardcover to go along with the previous Captain Britain hardcovers.

Spectacular Member

I think the Guardians of the Galaxy omni really mostly makes sense mostly for people who already have most of the modern cosmic stuff in OHC already. But it's a bad deal for those planning on buying the War and Realm of Kings omnis.

I already have these in OHC:

Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire
    War of Kings
    Realm of Kings
    Annihilators
    Thanos Imperative

And these in TPB:
    Deadly Genesis (which isn't in the omnis for some reason)
    X-Men Emperor Vulcan
    Road to War of Kings

So getting the War and Realm of Kings omnis would be a huge double-dip for me. But the Guardians omni fills the gaps in that collection nicely. Collecting these events and ongoings really requires some planning now that so many of the titles have been collected in different formats. The OHCs also have the advantage of being on thicker paper, so there's that.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

That would be the most ridiculous cash grab omni ever.

I expect to see it announced next week.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    They are in the WoK omni. If you are going WoK OHC or trades to cover that chunk of story then those issues should be read concurrently with that event.
    Damn, I wasted some money. Planned on getting WoK and Realm. I can forgoe the first 12 issues of GoG.