Page 438 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538938 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Forget lightning-themed characters - what's with redhead's getting turned black?

(You'd think some of them get turned Asian, at least.)
    Actors are less willing to dye their hair these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Gingers getting treated like Red Headed Step Children. Someone had to say it

Retired

One word: wigs.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The studios probably don't care about trying to match CB hair colors, since the latter percentages tend to be nowhere near the numbers you find in reality.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Forget lightning-themed characters - what's with redhead's getting turned black?

(You'd think some of them get turned Asian, at least.)
    To be fair, why are there so many redheads in comics anyway. I didn't even notice until they started raceswapping them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair, why are there so many redheads in comics anyway. I didn't even notice until they started raceswapping them all the time.
    I don't mind .

All-New Member

Is "Murphys Multiverse" a legitimate source of "leaks"?

Retired

I've noticed that a lot of my favourite fictional characters happen to be redheads. I don't know why this is. I don't think the world supply of redheads is so low as people here have made it out to be. There's a generous number. On my mother's side of the family, her two brothers and her sister were all redheads--my mother ended up blonde and I took after her. But I always admired my aunt's beautiful red hair. At school and in my neighbourhood there were many redheaded folks, too.

But I don't think fiction should follow reality anyway--in fact, it should kick loose of reality and present what excites. And red hair is visually exciting. Classic comics always tried to make a virtue of the colours they could present (before colour movies or colour TV were the norm)--and I just don't see why today's readers want that to be toned down.

A brief list of favourite redheads in fiction: Pumuckl, Jimmy Olsen, Spike Wilson, Ralph Dibny, Archie Andrews, Pippi Langstrømpe, Lana Lang, Lucy Ricardo, Anne of Green Gables, Barbara Gordon, Poison Ivy, the Red-Headed League, Mera, Shayera Thal, Jim Corrigan, Garth and Ayla Ranzz, the Court Jester, Tim in ABOUT TIME, Opie Taylor, Willow Rosenberg, Elliot Weston, Beverly Switzler, Alfred E. Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    Is "Murphys Multiverse" a legitimate source of "leaks"?
    I think that guy was part of "That Hashtag Show" and they are a mostly reputable source but not always accurate. They broke the news of the JSA showing up in Black Adam or The Mandarin showing up in Shang-Chi if I remember correctly, but they also reported that John Cena was in the running to play Shazam and he wasn't. So if this is about his "scoop" that Hawkgirl would appear in Black Adam, it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think that guy was part of "That Hashtag Show" and they are a mostly reputable source but not always accurate. They broke the news of the JSA showing up in Black Adam or The Mandarin showing up in Shang-Chi if I remember correctly, but they also reported that John Cena was in the running to play Shazam and he wasn't. So if this is about his "scoop" that Hawkgirl would appear in Black Adam, it could go either way.
    I want it to be true, if only because I would love to see the Hawks together in the cinema...and preferably handled better then in Legends of Tomorrow .

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Snyder's Vero (stop teasing and just leak the whole thing, Zack!):

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-25-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Stop linking to clickbait headlines like that. This is what was actually said.

Yes that is correct - some characters and elements will be used but @JamesGunn is reinventing the universe. Everybody recognizes the immense potential of the franchise. https://twitter.com/Sol_Kal91/status...89667666644992
    It’s not a sequel it’s a reinvention and @JamesGunn is going to absolutely knock it out of the park. I’m cheering every step a way. https://twitter.com/egnite987/status...87131211411457

Sounds like a reboot to me.

Sounds like a "We're not calling it a sequel because the first one sucks" to me. Just like how The Wolverine wasn't billed as a sequel to X-Men Origin: Wolverine. It's PR speak and they're probably not gonna acknowledge the events of the first one anyway.