Page 77 of 135 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2012

Maybe she shoots one of the Jokers, and then Jason beats him to death with a crowbar.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was literally just about to say that before I accidentally refreshed my page and your reply popped up lol yeah, I'm not sure I'm digging the weird passing around of Barbara among the Batmen; the optics of it is just uncomfortable. hooked up with Dick, then Luke, Bruce in the timmverse, now Jason? I'm all for sex positive and empowering females and female characters to be as free with their sexuality as then want but I don't think going through the whole crew like that is a good look.
    Yeah I wouldn’t mind them exploring more romance with her and I don’t mind her relationship with Dick as it was kind of a sweetish teenage crush for the both of them as the first Robin and Batgirl, but it gets weird when you go beyond that and when they continue to refer to it as a batfamily dynamic. Like you can’t refer to it as a family dynamic if she dates within the family, it’s kind of weird.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was literally just about to say that before I accidentally refreshed my page and your reply popped up lol yeah, I'm not sure I'm digging the weird passing around of Barbara among the Batmen; the optics of it is just uncomfortable. hooked up with Dick, then Luke, Bruce in the timmverse, now Jason? I'm all for sex positive and empowering females and female characters to be as free with their sexuality as then want but I don't think going through the whole crew like that is a good look.
    Most people share this sentiment, I feel. Everyone notices how DC tosses her around the men she works with. It is kinda gross at this point.

Then again, I honestly didn't mind the Timmverse Bruce and Babs ship, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Most people share this sentiment, I feel. Everyone notices how DC tosses her around the men she works with. It is kinda gross at this point.

Then again, I honestly didn't mind the Timmverse Bruce and Babs ship, lmao.
    oof you had me in the first half, I'm not gonna lie, but that Batman/Batgirl ship was a big yikes for me; especially how they handled that whole plotline in the movie.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Starting to sound like the generations Earth.

Dont know what that is, but sounds interesting. Mind explaining?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow....

I mean, I said they're be a time skip, but damn lol

I have so, so many questions now. But I'm interested in how they go about this, and I'll never ever be mad when a big new push like this is allowed "prep work" in anyway close to the same way House of X got.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    No-one believes it's permanent. But 2-3 years is plausible, maybe five at the outside.
    I guess it obviously depends on how successful 5G turns out to be. If it gets good numbers they would naturally try to prolong it as much as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the controversial Barbara/Jason thing is them hooking up. I think Johns teased that in his 'Tec #1000 story.
    That was my initial guess too. I don't think them killing the Joker(s) would cause as big a reaction to the two of them having sex. Then I guess they have that future kid too in that Tec #1000 issue you mentioned. I'd bet money that is what it is.

Though poor Babs if that is the case. Getting passed around the Batman family yet again.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Scott Snyder tweeted his next comic with Greg Capullo will be announced in January last month, so if these rumors are true, we'll know in the next few weeks. I'm kinda surprised they aren't calling the event a crisis, I figure if any story would constitute as that, this would be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That was my initial guess too. I don't think them killing the Joker(s) would cause as big a reaction to the two of them having sex. Then I guess they have that future kid too in that Tec #1000 issue you mentioned. I'd bet money that is what it is.

Though poor Babs if that is the case. Getting passed around the Batman family yet again.
    The couple was teased before in batman eternal, I really don't think it'd be that contrevesrial if we've seen them teased before.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-07-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Well we just had Heroes in Crisis not too long ago. Maybe they just don’t want to overuse the word.
    As for the rumors, jeez. Say what you will about dc management, but making everyone 60 is a ballsy move.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-07-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I have so, so many questions now. But I'm interested in how they go about this, and I'll never ever be mad when a big new push like this is allowed "prep work" in anyway close to the same way House of X got.
    The thing is, I don't think they have a Jonathan Hickman type creator steering the ship like with House of X.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, the only way them killing the Jokers is controversial is if Babs does it, and I don't really see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The couple was teased before in batman eternal, I really don't think it'd be that contrevesrial if we've seen them teased before.
    It was controversial even back then, though. I remember people complaining a lot about them trying to ship Jason and Babs.

Incredible Member

There is the basic question of how the hell they reverse out of this, of course. If they just got zapped with an aging ray that would be one thing, but the rumour is that it involves the destruction of the "sliding timeline" - i.e., the characters will have actually, in-continuity, been around for as long as they look like they have been.

Logically, this should apply not just to the superheroes/villains, but to supporting cast members, etc. How do they undo all of that (which would probably kill many of the older cast members like Perry White and Lucius Fox) without a full-on reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Well we just had Heroes in Crisis not too long ago. Maybe they just don’t want to overuse the word.
    The rumour was that Synder & Capullo had to talk DC out of calling Metal "Dark Crisis", IIRC.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 01-07-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Might as well post the new 5G article from Bleedingcool in the big 5G thread, only seems fair.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...jokers-robins/
    I think 5G will be my exit from being a regular DC Comics reader. I have less and less time to read comics these days and I’m really not excited by what DC has been producing (and it doesn’t sound like their future plans are for me). It’s been a good run of almost 20 years.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think 5G will be my exit from being a regular DC Comics reader. I have less and less time to read comics these days and I’m really not excited by what DC has been producing (and it doesn’t sound like their future plans are for me). It’s been a good run of almost 20 years.
    Do what you have to do, but did you notice there are a prestige line of somehwat in continuity books with the classic heroes still coming next year? (if all of these rumors are true.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Dont know what that is, but sounds interesting. Mind explaining?
    Heroes age, realtime events, generations of new heroes arrive.

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...600/942341.jpg