Page 285 of 439 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 6582
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Stop watching them as the films that their creators intended them to be.

Marked For Death?

Totally brilliant once you watch it as something along the lines of a Universal horror film where Screwface is the monster.

Most of the other films?

Completely stellar unintended comedy films.

In addition to the obvious stuff like Half Past Dead/Exit Wounds being great unintended comedy flicks, Danny Trejo/Eddie Griffin playing warring crime outfit heads in Urban Justice?

Hilarious.
    IMO, Under Siege is the best of his films and the only one I own on DVD.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

The more I hear the term "the delta variant" on the news, the more it sounds like the title to an old 70's political thriller.

"Come seeThe Delta Variant opening this Friday at a theatre near you! Double feature with The Parallax View!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The more I hear the term "the delta variant" on the news, the more it sounds like the title to an old 70's political thriller.

"Come seeThe Delta Variant opening this Friday at a theatre near you! Double feature with The Parallax View!"
    Either a Ludlum novel or the fourth variant cover on the latest Spider-Man "special" issue.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Either a Ludlum novel or the fourth variant cover on the latest Spider-Man "special" issue.
    Heh. I was thinking of Ludlum myself - The Aquitaine Progression of the Delta Variant Based on the Holcroft Covenant.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

Little Caesar's is doing these commercials about how they're an alternative to "Big Pizza", but the they're a million dollar corporate franchise that has stores even in other countries so aren't they themselves the definition of Big Pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Little Caesar's is doing these commercials about how they're an alternative to "Big Pizza", but the they're a million dollar corporate franchise that has stores even in other countries so aren't they themselves the definition of Big Pizza?
    Well, they have "Little" in their name/s.

BANNED

Controversial opinion(?): I didn't think it was brave when Simone Biles or Naomi Osaka pulled out of high profile athletic events. It's understandable, it's disappointing, but it's not brave. I see a lot of praise for their decisions and articles justifying it (and again, not to say it isn't justified as I can't know the pressures they're going through). But brave? We can like athletes and not have to pretend like everything they do, good/bad/disappointing, adds to their prestige. It's OK to say, "that's a shame" and not have to reflexively defend every action as another milestone in bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Controversial opinion(?): I didn't think it was brave when Simone Biles or Naomi Osaka pulled out of high profile athletic events. It's understandable, it's disappointing, but it's not brave. I see a lot of praise for their decisions and articles justifying it (and again, not to say it isn't justified as I can't know the pressures they're going through). But brave? We can like athletes and not have to pretend like everything they do, good/bad/disappointing, adds to their prestige. It's OK to say, "that's a shame" and not have to reflexively defend every action as another milestone in bravery.
    I will agree with this. We put celebs and sports stars as people who are so much above us. We have shows devoted to who they are dating what 20 million buck house they are buying, how many followers on their birds insta. What really got me and made me see man this is nuts is in one of the stars gossip mags there is a section called "Stars are just like us." They show pics of celebs pumping gas or buying groceries or some other normal every day errand and they praise them like the activity is beneath them. Its pretty damn sick if you ask me.

I mean **** I cant leave my house most days, no one calls me brave when I am able to go to Kroger on my good days.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

It's brave in the sense that they knowingly subjected themselves to FAR more criticism than if they had just toughed it out and performed poorly. In hindsight, it's pretty clear that Biles was pretty much done with the sport and had checked out mentally long ago, but given the massive amount of hype that she had received in the run up to the Olympics, dragged herself out there and tried to do her best so as to not let everyone down. This decision probably cost her a hell of a lot of endorsement money too, given that this is what she will now be remembered for rather than all the things she accomplished during her career, and this is a lot more significant for her than for a team sports athlete because she really doesn't have any way to earn money going forward.

What was brave of her was to say it was do to mental issues and not a physical problem. There is still a stigma for mental illness of any kind and for such a high profile person to be so publicly honest about this is very brave.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

What was brave of her was to say it was do to mental issues and not a physical problem. There is still a stigma for mental illness of any kind and for such a high profile person to be so publicly honest about this is very brave.
    But see its not. it is just a person going through what millions of others are going through but get tons of press because they can do a cart wheel. If they are brave then so are millions of others.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    But see its not. it is just a person going through what millions of others are going through but get tons of press because they can do a cart wheel. If they are brave then so are millions of others.
    I do think people who are open about their mental problems are brave. But there is a lot more on the line when some one like Biles goes public. The amount of scrutiny is exponentially greater than if you or I talk about our struggles.

Boisterously Confused

I do think people who are open about their mental problems are brave. But there is a lot more on the line when some one like Biles goes public. The amount of scrutiny is exponentially greater than if you or I talk about our struggles.
    Got to agree with Kirby on this one. Anyone openly confronting their mental illness has got guts. Very few have the kind of heat on them a presumptive champion in one of the Olympics' most prominent events. The list of people wanting her to shutup and complete (mainly for their own profit) would have been long and insistent.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Got to agree with Kirby on this one. Anyone openly confronting their mental illness has got guts. Very few have the kind of heat on them a presumptive champion in one of the Olympics' most prominent events. The list of people wanting her to shutup and complete (mainly for their own profit) would have been long and insistent.
    I dont want her to fail. I love watching her. I am just tired of Random celeb saying they have an issue then for like a couple weeks they are the face of the issue like they are the first to go through it in public or at all. And those of us who have dealt with crippling mental illness are told by people "Arnt you so glad that so and so is putting themselves out there to being light to your problem. You must be so thankful. I bet you are a fan of theirs for life now." I cant tell you how many people have said this to me in the last couple days. From family to people on my phone that I talk to from time to time but havnt heard from in 6 months. Then they drop out of the news and everyone ignores the issue all over again.

And 9 times out of ten these celebs talk about themselves with a little "Oh I know what they are dealing with sound bite before once again talking about how bad things are for them."
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-29-2021 at 03:23 PM.