Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well, this is a pretty awesome preview

Very excited for this issue! The more Pietro the better.

Loving the preview and PAD writes an incredible Pietro. Can't wait for the inevitable Wanda interactions (not to mention Luna). Havok is truly an @ss. Very frustrated that Lorna does not seem to be featuring into the Genosha storyline of AXIS, but I really like this new iteration of X-Factor and can't wait for more.

Incredible Member

I'm kind of surprised by all the Havok hate here. He's just a comic book character, and it's not like what he said isn't true. X-Factor IS a B-team because of its team members, missions and sales figures. I actually like the book because of that.
    I wonder why Alex wants Pietro back with the Avengers so bad...maybe he sent Pietro on his spying mission without telling anybody else, and he's worried Iron Man or Captain America are going to yell at him for losing a member?

I think Alex is just one of those people who is ... well intentioned(?)... but abysmal at choosing his words.

I've got a few friends like this. They don't agree, arguing that Alex sounds perfectly straight forward and whatever, which only reenforces my belief that Alex IS really terrible with how he words/phrases things.

Just like his M-word speech.
    Well intentioned, in the same vein as Kitty's funeral speech back in the 80's, but really fumbled with the way he presented that message.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The press conference issue is finally here!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23082

It's a shame that Gambit is seemingly the only male on the team getting any action. This cover would have us believe that when compared to QS and Cypher he is a neutered Ken Doll. Snow's wife backed (or banged) the wrong horse, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm kind of surprised by all the Havok hate here. He's just a comic book character, and it's not like what he said isn't true. X-Factor IS a B-team because of its team members, missions and sales figures. I actually like the book because of that.
    I wonder why Alex wants Pietro back with the Avengers so bad...maybe he sent Pietro on his spying mission without telling anybody else, and he's worried Iron Man or Captain America are going to yell at him for losing a member?
    No hate from me. Still like Alex.

He just happens to be written here as an overbearing ex-boyfriend keeping tabs on his ex and as looking down his nose at other teams.
    All behaviour I would associate with someone who is acting like a jack@$$!

And, yes, they're definitely a B-Team.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I think Alex is just one of those people who is ... well intentioned(?)... but abysmal at choosing his words.

I've got a few friends like this. They don't agree, arguing that Alex sounds perfectly straight forward and whatever, which only reenforces my belief that Alex IS really terrible with how he words/phrases things.

Just like his M-word speech.
    Well intentioned, in the same vein as Kitty's funeral speech back in the 80's, but really fumbled with the way he presented that message.
    Agreed.
    It's the same with the fact that he's keeping tabs on Lorna in the first place.
    It's well intentioned, but completely condescending to her and completely arrogant that he thinks he has the right to do it in the first place.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Well that felt pretty meta...

I doubt the Marvel characters base their worthiness based on how well their respective books sell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I doubt the Marvel characters base their worthiness based on how well their respective books sell.
    That is true. Well how about this: X-Factor is a B-Team in universe because it's the new team on the block. It isn't a proven, tried and true team like the Avengers or the Fantastic Four...and it's mostly comprised of mutants, which given the mutant prejudice, is a big negative.

BANNED

Didn't think i'd like this series but having just caught up on 1-10 i love it!!!

Funny, smart and loads of action.

Quote Originally Posted by juliankeller View Post
    It's a shame that Gambit is seemingly the only male on the team getting any action. This cover would have us believe that when compared to QS and Cypher he is a neutered Ken Doll. Snow's wife backed (or banged) the wrong horse, apparently.
    It is kinda odd. Cypher used to be the one ladies were attracted to--pre-ninja Psylocke (yes it was a bit squicky but was back the CC days), Shadowcat (never went anywhere but he could have pulled that if he actually tried), Wolfsbane, and Roulette.

I'd really like to see Polaris move on from Havok. And Quicksilver ought to get with someone new after the whole Crystal/Black Knight mess.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

BANNED

Havok has always been a jerk. He's never had shown any concern for Polaris' feelings. I mean he ran out of his wedding day with Polaris for that racist Nurse Annie and her little late term abortion. What a jerk.

Last edited by fod_xp; 08-15-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: first scan was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Wow, PAD really makes Havok look bad, bad-mouthing his old team and being a mouthpiece for the Avengers. Pandering to the X-fan base? Maybe, but it's fun.
    I found that amusing, and while it definitely makes him look like a jerk, I don't consider it to be the same thing as badmouthing his old team. His old team was a government-sponsored entity, this one is a corporate-sponsored one with dubious intent from its owner. Also, I think Alex going all "the Avengers are the best thing ever" about things is a pure sign of his inferiority complex, and his willingness to abandon things that supposedly mean something to him if something seemingly better comes along. He moves back and forth between supporting mutants and wanting nothing to do with them, and right now he's in the phase of wanting nothing to do with them but trying to reconcile that by thinking and acting like he's supporting them by saying the word they self-identify with, and therefore their entire culture, should be tossed out the window so they can be more "accepted" by the broader society. Whether Alex (or maybe even Remender and Brevoort) knows it or not, Havok is written as being so full of himself that he's essentially saying all mutants should follow his example in what he had to do to become an Avenger.

On the flipside, I found Havok's remarks about Lorna seeming to have it together and not needing Pietro to spy on her anymore to be a rare positive note for him in his treatment of Lorna, as I've seen it. It's also a positive move since his first appearance on ANXF. Before, he sounded like a possessive ex-lover that wanted to sort of retain ownership of her from afar and didn't believe she could do things for herself. This time, you can see him showing more faith in Lorna than he's previously shown, and that hints at what could be a much better relationship between them when/if they get back together at some point in the future.

His desire to keep abreast of what's going on with Lorna for that short term, even though he essentially abandoned her before joining the Avengers also shows that at least in Lorna's case, some part of him does care about her. He didn't just full out wash his hands of her and never look back.

Well I don't know if he's a jerk per say. From what I've read of him, he's wishy-washy. Always doubting himself and his actions, being one way about something and then completely reversing his position. Sometimes it's endearing, and sometimes I just want to shake him and scream "make up your damn mind Havok!"
    In the immortal words of Lorna, "Why did you have to be such a Summers about it?"

God I wish I had a chance to get a picture of that and post it instead of plain text right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Character attitudes toward other characters, teams and events can be, and are, dictated by how the executives, editors and writers feel about Marvel and everything in it. We've all seen plenty of cases where a character that some guy hates gets treated like crap just because the person writing said character has no respect for them or their fans. Children's Crusade, Avengers vs X-Men and from the looks of it Axis all exclude Lorna even though all three objectively should include her. That's human beings, working on a product to sell, letting biases decide where characters are allowed to be instead of letting the characters' history and values dictate that for them.

We then end up with excuses forcibly written in for why a character can't do this thing or that thing, such as how obvious it was that the sides chosen in Regenesis were determined by editorial mandate before any thought went into story and character reasons. That's the one big, glaring fault I see in Marvel's books at the moment: holding personal and business motives in higher regard than what fits the story and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    It is kinda odd. Cypher used to be the one ladies were attracted to--pre-ninja Psylocke (yes it was a bit squicky but was back the CC days), Shadowcat (never went anywhere but he could have pulled that if he actually tried), Wolfsbane, and Roulette.

I'd really like to see Polaris move on from Havok. And Quicksilver ought to get with someone new after the whole Crystal/Black Knight mess.
    I'm open to whatever happens between Lorna and Alex, whether they stay apart forever (unlikely) or eventually get back together. The only things I ask are: 1) that they stay apart for 10 years before making moves to get back together, and 2) if they do get back together, they're treated as equals in the relationship, and the relationship shows admirable traits that would make you see why both partners want to be in the relationship. Both characters need to be established well enough as their own characters for writers to not use the bad relationship template they keep getting sucked back into.

In the meantime, I'm definitely open to Lorna having relations with other guys, girls, robots, whatever works! The two most common suggestions I've seen are Iceman and Gambit. Iceman because he's the second man in the Lorna-Alex-Bobby triangle, and Gambit because of both Wolverine and the X-Men and the Gambit stripper from Austen's run. I can see plenty of common ground between Lorna and Remy, so I think they're a natural pair as long as their relationship isn't imbalanced where one is made out to be better than the other. Lorna's more at risk of being treated like a lesser partner than Remy, considering all the stuff Remy's had like solo books, several cartoon and video game appearances, a possible upcoming film dedicated exclusively to him, etc.

If we wanted to carry relations on into deeper Maury levels, Lorna could hook up with Vision. He's made of metal, right?

EDIT: Aaaand I see fod_xp got the scan of Lorna's quote and posted it shortly before my post. Timing! It happens.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)