Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I did a search and couldn't find a topic about this so here it is. Nick just gave us a first look of the new show. Ralph is leader and not leo by the way.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Show is giving me a transformers animated vibe. April looks like moon girl and looks like she still has powers. My nieces will like her. Splinter looks like the trainer from kung fu panda. Ralph looks like knuckles from sonic boom.

I guess Sai is too "adult" now.

BANNED

they took Mikeys nunchucks away back in the original animated series and gave him a grappling hook

I try to be open minded about different aesthetics and animation styles that I'm not used to, but I can't say I'm a fan here. My first reaction was that it was trying to aim for the garishness of the Out of their Shells rock concert tour with some Michael Bay mixed in.

And with that said, I really miss the 2012 Turtles.

Why is Raph the leader? Ugh ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That just looks off putting to me. The 2012 series was alright, the original was the original, but the 2003 series was probably the best.

But, why would the hot-head Raph be in charge? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That just looks off putting to me. The 2012 series was alright, the original was the original, but the 2003 series was probably the best.

But, why would the hot-head Raph be in charge? Makes no sense.
    Heh, imo the 2012 series was downright binge worthy until the last season (which then became an anthology and thus made more sense to take breaks -- but they were still pretty good). I could never fully get into the 2003 -- it always seemed too hypermanic for me (especially those insipidly generic and painful 4kids theme songs). I felt like I had to watch the 2003 more out of obligation and completion than interest. To each their own, though.

BANNED

First that Transformers Cyberverse turd and now... this!
    Are they that hellbent to lobotomise us?

BANNED

to be fair, when was the last "good" Transformers series?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Why is Raph the leader? Ugh ...
    Raph has always been my favorite its why Red is my favorite color. But even i knw him being leader is dumb. They will have to drasticly change his personality and then hes really not Raph amymore. Hes wolverine if Wolverine had the emotional maturity of a teenager on Steroids.

Those are some...very stylized and unique designs. It feels like each subsequent Turtles iteration tries to top itself in differentiating the Turtles from each other and giving them unique designs, although I prefer this take to what Bay and the movies did.

Why is Raph the leader? Are they trying to bank on his popularity or something? It just seems so random .

April looks cool. I wonder how long before we see Casey ?

Donnie looks surprisingly serious.

Splinter seems kind of...deranged. Also putting on a lot of weight there.

So...Raph doesn't have his sais, Mikey doesn't have his nunchucks, Donnie's weapon looks more like a spear then a bo staff, and Leo looks like he only has one sword. It almost feels like this is the Turtles after some kind of Ninja Tribunal arc that gave them new weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Heh, imo the 2012 series was downright binge worthy until the last season (which then became an anthology and thus made more sense to take breaks -- but they were still pretty good). I could never fully get into the 2003 -- it always seemed too hypermanic for me (especially those insipidly generic and painful 4kids theme songs). I felt like I had to watch the 2003 more out of obligation and completion than interest. To each their own, though.
    I loved those rockin' 4Kids themes .

"Turtles...there's no one better. Watch out for Shredder!"

I loved 2012 but it had a good, long, run. I'm not entirely sold on this take yet but I'll definitely check it out to see what it's like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I thought RiD was solid if not unremarkable, while Prime was pretty great.

Rescue Bots as it's own thing was also pretty fun.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ralph and Mikey lose their signature weapons but Don's bo staff become more dangerous. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I loved the CGI Nick one! I love that they took what worked from different eras and made it their own thing. I thought it was well done and was sad to see it go.

Plus my kids really loved it after not liking the 2003 series. They enjoy the OG though, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Prime was really, really good.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium