Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

I like the current costume, but I admit I do miss the classic Neal Adams suit from time to time...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    The hood is not practical from an archer/crime fighter perspective. It impairs your peripheral vision--especially at night. By the way, Kevin Smith stuck with tradition and kept Ollie's hat. Let Batman have the mystery and allure. It suits him better. Way better. Grell is a fine writer, but I'm really not fond of his visual interpretation of GA.
    That may be true, but in any case, half of costumes aren't necessarily built for fuctionality but more so for design and looks. I figure Olli is a good enough archer, he doesn't let a hood slow him down or impart him. Ollie in my eyes can work with the mysterious archer aspect, despite his personality being completely different.

I know Kevin did the classic look, I was just stating that was one interpretation of Green Arrow I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the current costume, but I admit I do miss the classic Neal Adams suit from time to time...
    Honestly both looks work. I just prefer/am more accustomed to the hooded Arrow look.

Does anyone else think Benjamin Percy writes Dinah a little too abusive at times? Or has she always hit him to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Does anyone else think Benjamin Percy writes Dinah a little too abusive at times? Or has she always hit him to make a point?
    I think Dinah would clean Ollie's clock if she felt he deserved it Post-Crisis, but maybe not with the frequency that Percy's Dinah has...

I think Dinah would clean Ollie's clock if she felt he deserved it Post-Crisis, but maybe not with the frequency that Percy's Dinah has...
    Seriously, she hits him as often as she kisses him. I love her even more than Ollie but it's gone too far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I miss Green Arrow in the Justice League .

I miss Green Arrow in the Justice League .
    So do I. He's my favorite DC character.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Grell's still got it .

Astonishing Member

I debate, but also see the logic, in a lot of arguments about Percy's storytelling in Green Arrow ... but ignoring that ... this run has just had some effing gorgeous art. Gorgeous and consistent, too. It's a really cohesive run, with cohesive style and thanks to them wisely bringing in Mike Grell, some of the best damn cover art ever. Lemire's run also had gorgeous covers and consistent art, and I love that run, though I do think that Sorrentino's art was so stylized that it wasn't that stylish, if that makes sense. (Layouts were amazing ... costume/designwork and world-building less so.)

I didn't realize it until just now really, but I'm stoked to get this run in a nice hardcover edition on my shelf, as well as Lemire's, and Grell's, and maybe Green Arrow by Jack Kirby, and have a nice little Arrow section.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Grell's still got it .
    Is Grell taking over when Percy leaves ?

Diggle needs to get more love, man. He's my favorite part of the TV show and I'm glad he's back on Team Arrow in the comics now.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

SIGHWe were SO close to getting Green Arrow back, but now that Percy's gone, it's not gonna happen. Gonna read Percy's last issue, but after that, I'm done with this franchise until Connor's returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    SIGHWe were SO close to getting Green Arrow back, but now that Percy's gone, it's not gonna happen. Gonna read Percy's last issue, but after that, I'm done with this franchise until Connor's returned.
    Well, we did from a certain point of view .

Why would you assume that without reading Percy's last issue? Nothing is stopping a writer from following-up with the Connor tease unless Percy is the one that drops the ball with the end of his run. We don't even know who the proper new creative team for the books is.