Page 800 of 827 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 12392
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You can leave and still be recurring, but if you want to be pedantic about it, ok, going from contract to recurring still leaves a spot open.

This sounds like wishful thinking, the bolded. If we're going by what is actually reported, like the Jesse L. Martin announcement, we might want to wait for them to say this is the last season, too.
    Most reports expect Season 9 to be the last. Probably will know around May 19, when CW conducts their 2022 season presentation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    How many more episodes this season? Is it going to wrap in May? If so that means about 4 more?
    20 episodes - final on June 29. 7 more to go.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    So it will go up to or overlap with whenever Stargirl S3 debuts it seems.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Iris is just like her husband. Gone in a blink of a eye.

Team Flash is still reeling from Frost's death, which has to be the first major death they've dealt with since...the Wells'? Nora? HR? So I guess it makes sense that it would impact them so hard.

That dude was supposed to be Blockbuster? Seriously? I guess after Fuerza the show realized they can't pull off CG muscled characters so they didn't even bother trying to do a comic-accurate Blockbuster, so they just gave him a hi-tech suit, but it made him look kind of generic. They didn't even bother to show how they beat him in the end since he was so incidental to the plot.

Amateur hour for Team Flash. I mean, I get that the show seems to think Barry has to have a Superhero partner(s) even though I disagree...but could they maybe do a little better about it? Allegra's one thing, she at least knows how to handle herself in a fight, but Cecile has no business being in the field. And, like, shouldn't they be wearing masks and proper costumes before someone realizes that the editor of the Citizen or Central City's main Metahuman lawyer are secretly Superhero vigilante's? Like at least make an effort.

Joe taking up art? That's kind of sweet.

Ah, classic "Funeral for a Friend" with vignettes of everyone processing their feelings, grief, and memories of the deceased.

I get that a pro at writing obits might be a little too clinical about it, especially if you knew the person on a personal level. But yeah, I guess Iris and Frost were never gal pals (I'm not even sure Iris and Caitlin are that close to be honest). I think the biggest Frost/Iris moments I can remember were Frost trying to help Savitar kill her or crashing Iris' bachelorette party.

Caitlin's mom doing more to help comfort Iris than her own daughter.

I honestly forgot Iris had a podcast. Was that woman actually with the prosecution during Frost's trial? I don't remember her. I don't even think she was the main prosecutor. And how many Metahuman criminals are there to defend in Star City? Is that place like 99% crime free now? And there were never that many Meatahuman criminals.

It's nice of Jitters to honor Frosts' preferred name even if "Killer Frost" was a more memorable drink name.

I see Chester and Allegra have moved on from the honeymoon of their...courtship phase, I guess? And just in time to have to deal with a drunk and disorderly Mark, still grieving over Frost.

Ah, the Team Flash hall of the fallen/costumes. I get why they went with Frosts' season 4 look, but the season 6 costume was a much better Supersuit. But I still have fondness for her season 3 costume with the miniskirt.

Barry doing a Frost bucket list in her memory. Is his rapid metabolism the main reason he won that eating contest? Girl was robbed of her win.

Caitlin retreats back into herself and goes all icy and cold because she can't deal with losing Frost, understandably because on top of being her sister Frost was literally a part of her and basically her courage/conscience, but Barry helps her finally make the first steps to moving on...at least until Caitlin goes all mad scientist and plots to revive Frost. I don't see this ending well.

Oh hey, they mentioned Rene/Wild Dog! It was nice to hear his name. They even mentioned Ollie.

And just when you forgot about Iris' timesickness, it comes back with a vengeance and teleports her out of time. Team Flash just can't catch a break.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Probably not, but congratulations on making it to 800 pages of discussion and debate, by the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"I'll hit him with a lightning bolt, Alegra, hit him with a microwave blast. Cecilia, make him feel sad." That works.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "I'll hit him with a lightning bolt, Alegra, hit him with a microwave blast. Cecilia, make him feel sad." That works.
    Seriously though, why was she there !?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Seriously why was this episode even made? Poorly done from start to finish. 'D'.
    I never found Killer Frost that interesting in this show. So her death has no impact on me.
    How did Caitlin get such a fancy lab in her apartment?
    Chillblain still around? YUCK!. At least he is wearing a shirt.
    That was Blockbuster? I don't buy that for a second.
    If they had called him Quakemaster instead then I could buy it.

QuakemasterDCSpecial28.jpg

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Cecilia being there is also bad for the cover of herself and Team Flash.
    She is a known public figure and she is just there next to, arguably, a known reformed villain and current journalist. Both without masks?

So much about the decisions in these later seasons is just massive headscratchers for the shows internal logic.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I really hope they aren't gonna cheapen Frost's death with what they are implying with Caitlin now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I really hope they aren't gonna cheapen Frost's death with what they are implying with Caitlin now.
    It does make sense that she at least makes the attempt. I've forgotton now, but wasn't (Killer) Frost fabricated artificially to begin with by her father?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    They spent too much time on the team mourning her for me to think Caitlin will actually bring her back.

Even if she does, she won't be the same Frost.

Am I the only nerd who was bothered by Caitlin snipping Frost's hair for her sample? Everyone knows you need the follicle for to get any DNA. (or am I wrong?)

^^^^
    So it will go up to or overlap with whenever Stargirl S3 debuts it seems.
    Stargirl season 2 aired between seasons 7 and 8 of The Flash, and SG season 1 started when the truncated Flash season 6 ended, so yeah, I assume season 3 will bridge the gap between seasons 8 and 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That dude was supposed to be Blockbuster? Seriously? I guess after Fuerza the show realized they can't pull off CG muscled characters so they didn't even bother trying to do a comic-accurate Blockbuster, so they just gave him a hi-tech suit, but it made him look kind of generic. They didn't even bother to show how they beat him in the end since he was so incidental to the plot.

Amateur hour for Team Flash. I mean, I get that the show seems to think Barry has to have a Superhero partner(s) even though I disagree...but could they maybe do a little better about it? Allegra's one thing, she at least knows how to handle herself in a fight, but Cecile has no business being in the field. And, like, shouldn't they be wearing masks and proper costumes before someone realizes that the editor of the Citizen or Central City's main Metahuman lawyer are secretly Superhero vigilante's? Like at least make an effort.

Barry doing a Frost bucket list in her memory. Is his rapid metabolism the main reason he won that eating contest? Girl was robbed of her win.
    Isn't Blockbuster a Nightwing villain? Why was he used in The Flash and not Batwoman?

True about them needing disguises. That reporter at the Citizen is on to them and suggested to Iris that they should investigate Flash's new allies. Does she realise one of them was Allegra, her colleague who she wanted to destroy?

About the eating contest, you're right, Barry could've actually made it less of a close call too. He'll probably let her win next time.

Cecilia being there is also bad for the cover of herself and Team Flash.
    She is a known public figure and she is just there next to, arguably, a known reformed villain and current journalist. Both without masks?
    Cisco must be watching the news and thinking "what the hell guys, if I was still there you'd have some awesome suits made by yours truly".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman