Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 38. I guess diamonds can break adamantium now ?

Maggot Wake-Up to laura v Emma
    Maggot "why is there a hole in my chest ?

Laura "take eany and run"

Emma "no let me sacrifice him"
    Emma breaks lauras adamantium wrist and throws her in to the ground really hard lauras one weekness. Then uses telepathy to have islanders attack maggot.

Laura starts laughing
    Emma "what's so funny, and why I'm I bleeding out?"
    Laura "rember when I threaten you last issue ? Well while I was yelling at you to turn dimond I cut your femoral artery. This fight was just stress relief. You use telepathy, you'll pass out and I don't know if I'm strong enough or can find somone to drag you cheep bloated plastic ass to the healing garden, and gabby could use some nice (fake) dimond jewelry"

Emma "i hate to admite it but our people were right to make you a xmen"
    Laura "I know"

Emma after running around like a lunatic screaming let me sacrifice the minor character
    "This is getting me no where, ok telepathy for 1 second found you."
    Kaiju eany sees Emma

Maggot "ok eany, many is eating up. Now you to"
    Eany refuses to eat
    Maggot "why, unless are you trying to die so old eany doset hurt me"
    Eany nods
    Maggot "don't worry we're family will figure this out"

Eany kaiju has arrived
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-06-2022 at 03:25 AM.

I love Laura. 😂

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Yeah that wasn’t a great Laura. Her phraseology is off, to much slang also. But with these unlimited comics I can’t hold them to that level of standard. This is more like kids smashing their toys together. At least it’s not green level of bad. That has to count for something… right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah that wasn’t a great Laura. Her phraseology is off, to much slang also. But with these unlimited comics I can’t hold them to that level of standard. This is more like kids smashing their toys together. At least it’s not green level of bad. That has to count for something… right?
    Not green level yet..... there's still time for the murder train to reach ludicrous speed

Astonishing Member

Does she really break the bone or just dislodge it?

Because one thing i've noticed years ago was that an adamantium skeleton shouldn't protect against dislodging or seperating the bones, since those should still only be held together by organic cartilage. Which means enough force could seperate them from each other.

It's also possible that the writer of this story didn't knew Duggan had randomly decided that Laura has an adamantium skeleton now. Which wouldn't be suprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love Laura. ��

Laura with her best Logan face.

Loving the fact that Laura hates Emma.

BANNED

Since when has Adamantium been bonded to Laura's wrist?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Since when has Adamantium been bonded to Laura's wrist?
    In the current X-men series it was eventualy revealed that Laura was given an adamantium skeleton by accident when she was revived by the five, because Protheus assumed she had one by association with Wolverine.

Some reader have in turn made the assumption that the current writer didn't knew it when he wrote Polaris using her powers to make an unconscious Laura fight like a puppet on strings and then retroactively inserted this information to cover up the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Does she really break the bone or just dislodge it?

Because one thing i've noticed years ago was that an adamantium skeleton shouldn't protect against dislodging or seperating the bones, since those should still only be held together by organic cartilage. Which means enough force could seperate them from each other.
    Yeah, I also thought about that years ago, when I realized that Wolverine should explode like a blood-filled balloon every time Hulk punched him, because having his bones coated in adamantium wouldn't prevent every joint to be destroyed... it would just mean that Wolverine's bones would be spread around at supersonic speed like adamantium projectiles...

But, since Hulk has punched Wolverine hundreds of times, and Wolverine has never exploded, I guess that means his bones are kept together with adamantium wire or something...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-26-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Yeah, I also thought about that years ago, when I realized that Wolverine should explode like a blood-filled balloon every time Hulk punched him, because having his bones coated in adamantium wouldn't prevent every joint to be destroyed... it would just mean that Wolverine's bones would be spread around at supersonic speed like adamantium projectiles...

But, since Hulk has punched Wolverine hundreds of times, and Wolverine has never exploded, I guess that means his bones are kept together with adamantium wire or something...
    To be fair. Many super heros who get hit by the Hulk or similar super strength characters tend to survive these hits much more intact than what the damage they cause to non-living objects would suggest, even if they don't have super toughness as official part of their powers.
    Basicly to a degree everyone in super hero comics has super natural toughness and can shrug off injuries much better than people in real life would without uncommon and uncanny luck.

Sure Spiderman or Wolverine, who have official super natural toughness, will recover much better from such hits than characters who don't have these powers officialy. But if say Cyclops gets thrown against a wall by Abomination, while there isn't a RP or readily accessible super healer to access, chances are great he will only get some broken rips at worst, instead of a shattered spine or dying.

So you can chalk up Spiderman's, Wolverine's and others non-explodiness from super strength hits to some unmentioned extremely durable tendons and cartilage that will keep their skeleton intact from common super strong hits. Unless it's characters like Deadpool where it will happen frequently for comedic effect

It's all part of the willing suspension of disbelief, not just in super hero comics, but most action oriented media.

However that of course doesn't change the fact that the adamantium skeleton has more weak spots than writers often imply, simply because how anyone with basic biology knowledge will understand (not necessarily think of it straight away) that the skeleton is held together by organic material which isn't enhanced by the metal and therefor still subjectible to harm by brute force or precise attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Why? It just a dirty mirror to stereotypical girls being bitchy to the 'bitchy' girl for no reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Sure Spiderman or Wolverine, who have official super natural toughness, will recover much better from such hits than characters who don't have these powers officialy. But if say Cyclops gets thrown against a wall by Abomination, while there isn't a RP or readily accessible super healer to access, chances are great he will only get some broken rips at worst, instead of a shattered spine or dying.
    Mutant bones don't shatter

-Paige Guthrie
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why? It just a dirty mirror to stereotypical girls being bitchy to the 'bitchy' girl for no reason

-Paige Guthrie
    Didn't Emma used to psychologically torture Laura with dreams of her dead mother?

Emma also tried to get Laura's ass beat during the trial to pick the New X-Men team. Then she cucked Hellion out of the leadership position when he refused to let Laura get her ass beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Emma was a bitch to Laura since the very beginning so it's good that they never got over their animosity after the **** that Emma pulled. Not everyone should or even can be friends with everyone.

"This is me being reasonable"