Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Azarath's Empath RAVEN Appreciation!

"My mind is a battleground, whipped and ripped asunder, torn from the very fabric of reality."

Raven made her first appearance in DC Comics Presents #26 in October of 1980. She was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. She has starred in several incarnations of the Teen Titans, including the current ongoing run started in the New 52, and other series such as 52 and Forever Evil.

She was also part of the Teen Titans cartoon series that ran on Cartoon Network from 2003-2007 and the film Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo based off the same series. She's currently part of Teen Titans Go! which began in 2013.

Finally, Raven has also appeared in a few video games, including DC Universe Online, and a big appearance as a playable character in Injustice: Gods Among Us.

I hadn't seen an appreciation thread for Raven here, and she's one of my favorite characters, so I felt this was long overdue! Here we shall discuss and post pictures of the half-human, half-demon empath known as RAVEN!

Last edited by quinnzel; 06-30-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Nice to see an appreciation thread. Do you have any favourite stories regarding her?

I've come to really like Raven, but her new costume is a big no-no in my opinion. Thankfully her older costumes are still awesome:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I like Raven, I want her to be part of the next phase of DCYou. She has such an amazing backstory and her powers are interesting because she was born of evil but destined to do great things to overcome her demonic heritage. She was in Teen Titans 2003, appeared in Injustice Gods Among Us (I thought she was going to get a push because she was the only non-JL member to be in the game but she might be used to promote TTGO) and currently in TTGO.

i love Raven but i absolutely hate her current costume design. Rocofort designed her current look so maybe now that he skipped town for Marvel they can finally bring back her classic costume.

Spectacular Member

I agree that her new outfit is uggggglyyyyy. Raven should be svelt and sexy. I dont mind her current 'bad girl' status, but like her better when she is a bit naive and innocent. Id def support a Raven ongoing.

Glad to see other Raven fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nice to see an appreciation thread. Do you have any favourite stories regarding her?
    I definitely love her first appearance in New Teen Titans and then the entire Terror of Trigon arc. That's fantastic. I've also really enjoyed the direction they've taken her in the newest Teen Titans series.

I might be one of the only ones, but I actually like Raven's new costume design But I definitely prefer her classic look better. Her classic look just screams "dark, conflicted, and complex" and her newer one is a little more of a "flashy superhero" look for her.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

I was wondering, since DC has been in a very long and slow process of making Raven seem more like her animated counterpart, how would people feel if they also imported the idea of the 'emoti-clones'?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I was wondering, since DC has been in a very long and slow process of making Raven seem more like her animated counterpart, how would people feel if they also imported the idea of the 'emoti-clones'?
    I think it would be a really cool idea, honestly. The episode of Teen Titans where Beast Boy and Cyborg get into Raven's mind and meet all of her emotions was, to me, one of the best episodes, and I like that they've mimicked it in Teen Titans Go! too. I think it would be really cool if they incorporated it into the comics. Maybe even the current run of Teen Titans since Raven seems to be having trouble with her powers right now.

Nice!

I was wondering if there was a thread for Raven! Thanks for starting one.

The Wolfman/Pérez version and classic iconic costume is one of my favorites - I especially liked the fact that she was portrayed as a pacifist, mystic and healer. This is a combination which is rare and which made her doubly unique, imho.

The current version is not really my cup of tea, as she seems to be missing a lot of what made her unique: pacifism, healing, concern for others, plus her iconic costume and soul-self.

I would like DC to bring these elements back...

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

You know, I kinda like her new costume too haha. Maybe if another character used something like it. I like the design haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

I enjoy Raven as I found out about her through the animated series and history of the Teen Titans comics. I'm fond of how the animated series gave Racen more depth in her powers and emotions.

I don't enjoy the New 52 Raven and her UGLY costume. Honestly, have someone give her a version of her old costume and get rid of that 70's wannabe heroine trash of a costume.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 07-02-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Nice!

I was wondering if there was a thread for Raven! Thanks for starting one.

The Wolfman/Pérez version and classic iconic costume is one of my favorites - I especially liked the fact that she was portrayed as a pacifist, mystic and healer. This is a combination which is rare and which made her doubly unique, imho.

The current version is not really my cup of tea, as she seems to be missing a lot of what made her unique: pacifism, healing, concern for others, plus her iconic costume and soul-self.

I would like DC to bring these elements back...
    No problem! I was the same way, I didn't know if there was one either but I did some searching and didn't find one so I thought why not

Those are my favorite elements about Raven, too. It would be nice to see more of them. The New 52 (and now DCYou) Teen Titans run has had some moments that I thought were going to be really good for Raven, and then they seemed to sort of drop the ball. They just keep hinting at things, and I get that there's an arc going on right now but I'm kind of tired of them just hinting and wish they'd just let whatever's going to happen, happen. Because it seems to be building up to something big because Raven keeps having trouble with her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    You know, I kinda like her new costume too haha. Maybe if another character used something like it. I like the design haha.
    I know! There's just something about it that I like. The color scheme is a lot brighter than Raven's costumes usually are but there's something about it I just like.

What did you guys think of Raven's appearance in Injustice?

BANNED

It was a mixed bag for me:
    -I dont get why they hired Strong to do the voice when they changed it so much you couldn't tell
    -Storywise she was just something that had been thrown in there with no real part to play, which was disappointing but unsurprising since everything in DC gravitates around Batman and Superman.

-I quite liked the design though.
    -I also liked the move-set
    -And I very much liked that, even though she was fallen, the Regime Raven was plotting their demise on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It was a mixed bag for me:
    -I dont get why they hired Strong to do the voice when they changed it so much you couldn't tell
    -Storywise she was just something that had been thrown in there with no real part to play, which was disappointing but unsurprising since everything in DC gravitates around Batman and Superman.

-I quite liked the design though.
    -I also liked the move-set
    -And I very much liked that, even though she was fallen, the Regime Raven was plotting their demise on her own.
    Yeah, basically this for me too in regards to Injustice Raven .