Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Wars Appreciation: May the Force be with you

Stars Wars is one of the biggest and most successful IPs on this planet so I don't think I have to say and explain much about it and Marvel is now responsible for making the Star Wars comics. They have become some of Marvels best-selling comics which is a testament to the popularity of the franchise and the work and quality that is put into those books. Taking a quick look over the line shows that Marvel seems to only let their accomplished writers and artists on these ones. Despite all of that there has been no appreciation thread made yet where people can actually discuss everything Star Wars related. Be it comics, art, movies, games or whatever else like is the case with all appreciation threads. This thread serves to put an end to that so here we go.

"This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

I started one a while back: http://community.comicbookresources....rs-Mega-Thread

Though there's little to no traction for the SW titles here. Which is strange, considering they are amongst Marvel's best sellers. Guess CBR doesn't care...

BANNED

Still waiting on that Boba Fett series, Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Still waiting on that Boba Fett series, Marvel.
    You and me both. Minis are nice, but I want a few more ongoings. And I'm a sucker for villains, so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    You and me both. Minis are nice, but I want a few more ongoings. And I'm a sucker for villains, so...
    I don't even have room for a Star Wars book on my pull list. But I swear to you, the minute that Marvel announces Boba Fett. One title on my pull will bite the dust. It will get ugly lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I don't even have room for a Star Wars book on my pull list. But I swear to you, the minute that Marvel announces Boba Fett. One title on my pull will bite the dust. It will get ugly lol.
    At this point I don't even know what my pull list entails (the guys that are in charge of that are really hard to communicate with, so every monthly package is a "surprise"), but I'm trying to pull all Star Wars books (the ongoings in singles and the minis in trades). Mainly because I like the fact that I can follow a universe from the "start" so to speak. But yeah, we NEED a Boba solo ASAP.

I've been grabbing up the trades of these. So far I've just read Vol. One, Princess Leia, and the first half of Vader Vol. One.

Vader seems to be the best of the bunch thus far, but I should be getting Shattered Empire and Kanan before the end of the week.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Edit: Nevermind I just read the OP.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Question: I haven't read any of the star wars titles, Thinking of picking up the main series. Does it take place after the original movie trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Question: I haven't read any of the star wars titles, Thinking of picking up the main series. Does it take place after the original movie trilogy?
    No, it's between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Star Wars, Vader and Leia take place between Hope and Empire. Kaman takes place during and after the Clone Wars. Shattered Empire takes place after Jedi.

OK so I must admit that I didn't get into the Star Wars comics until very recently too. Im following Darth Vader and the main Star Wars book and also Obi-Wan and Anakin for now.
    I want to ask about the rest though. How are the others like Kanan, Leia, Lando, Chewbacca, etc.? Are they all good and worth picking up?
    I will also watch the movie this weekend so is having read Shattered Empire helpful or not? I mean if it's good I will pick it up anyway.

Also Im working in a store and I can say that sometimes it sucks since you get made aware of new things in our program like this

To be fair I didn't buy an entire unit only because of the Star Wars name and design but because it also tastes great
    "This is me being reasonable"

Question: will there be darth bane in any scheduled books? i'm really fascinated by him
    plus what comic explores the knights of ren?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    OK so I must admit that I didn't get into the Star Wars comics until very recently too. Im following Darth Vader and the main Star Wars book and also Obi-Wan and Anakin for now.
    I want to ask about the rest though. How are the others like Kanan, Leia, Lando, Chewbacca, etc.? Are they all good and worth picking up?
    I will also watch the movie this weekend so is having read Shattered Empire helpful or not? I mean if it's good I will pick it up anyway.

Also Im working in a store and I can say that sometimes it sucks since you get made aware of new things in our program like this

To be fair I didn't buy an entire unit only because of the Star Wars name and design but because it also tastes great
    Kanan was pretty good from the first few issues I've read, but it's the classic "young brash student gets turned into mature adult" story. I'm a trade waiter, so I can't comment on the rest.

SE sheds some light on certain things but no, it's not mandatory reading.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Question: will there be darth bane in any scheduled books? i'm really fascinated by him
    plus what comic explores the knights of ren?
    Darth Bane, Darth Nihilus and everything that isn't featured in Ep. I-VII, Clone Wars, Rebels and the Marvel stuff is non canon. Darth Bane, for a lack of a better term, doesn't exist anymore.

Nothing has been announced about them, so I bet more will be revealed in IX & X.

teenagecriminalmastermind