Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default Let There Be Light: The Ray (Raymond Terrill) Appreciation

Welcome to The Ray Appreciation thread. Since The Ray is finally out of limbo and is finally about to be introduced in DC's: "JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA THE RAY REBIRTH #1" one shot, the new "JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA" ongoing and the CW's Cartoon Show "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", I wanted to make this thread to celebrate his long absence!

"Ray Terrill was told he was hypersensitive to light and exposure to sunlight would kill him. Privately tutored in his window-darkened home, Ray's most earnest wish was for normalcy. The media called him Night Boy. His only friend during his formative years was his neighbor, Jennifer Jurden. At eighteen, by his supposed father's deathbed, Ray learned his life was a lie. He was not allergic to light, nor did he have to live in darkness. Most disturbing of all, he discovered his true father was the 40s war-time super-hero, the Golden Age Ray."

JLA.RAY_.01.cover_Preview3.jpg
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 02-08-2017 at 08:32 PM.

To jump start this thread here is a preview for JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA THE RAY REBIRTH #1 http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...a/1100-156324/

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    To jump start this thread here is a preview for JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA THE RAY REBIRTH #1 http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...a/1100-156324/
    The preview looks great. I'm really looking forward to this one-shot and to JLA as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Absolutely love The Ray and that preview looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The preview looks great. I'm really looking forward to this one-shot and to JLA as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Absolutely love The Ray and that preview looks awesome.
    Preview looks really good and I'm happy they didn't change up his origin so drastically. I wonder if we are going to see Jennifer again. Even though he is gay I hope they don't write her out, I liked her as a character.

I'm not familiar with him, but I like what I see already.

I'm glad they're keeping the origin - it was one of the more interesting things about him. I also like the update to his outfit from what I've seen so far and how much it retains from Quesada's design.

I'm also really looking forward to the animated show.

I know absolutely nothing of The Ray but it intrigued me when this was solicited. I've asked my LCS to pull it for me (along with the other JLA Rebirth one shots). Preview looks good
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I've never read this character before but I'm interested in learning about him before he joins the Justice League. Vixen and Atom have been pretty good and enjoyable so I have faith this will be good to.

Didn't realize he had an animated show, I'll have to look it up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

This one-shot seems to be following in the footsteps of the previous two, so that's excellent to know.

Definitely a rough beginning, though. It's a little hard not to automatically hate Ray's mom for her attitude towards Ray, especially since she seems to be shifting herself into the victim role. You kinda have to stop and think for a bit, so you'll realize that she's been stuck in that house, too.

For anyone familiar with Ray's history, does the boy Caden have any relevancy to a past incarnation of The Ray, like how The Atom Rebirth one-shot also included Adam Cray into its story, who was another past Atom like Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Didn't realize he had an animated show, I'll have to look it up.
    Basically, like Vixen, Ray will have a CW Ceed animation mini-series. Not sure when it airs, though.

Fantastic Member

I count the Ray's six issue mini in the early 90s and his later ongoing as some of my favorite comic book reading of that particular era. I was roughly around Ray's age at the time of his series and found lots of points of relation. It also helped that Priest wrote him with a deft ear and Porter knocked the art chores out of the park for the first fourteen issues or so.
    Great stuff and I'm glad to have The Ray back (in a blaze of power!).

Astonishing Member

Slightly amused at the show Ray is watching. Seems to be referencing the waterworld Earth of the Multiverse. Even mentioning Leatherwing and showing its Superman.

Looks like a good start to Rays story.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I am interested in learning more about The Ray myself since I'll be trying the new JLA book so I'll probably pick up the one-shot just to get a flavour of his character.

I love the RAY as well.but always thought that he would make a better TITAN.then a JUSTICE LEAGUE member.but I'm looking forward to him coming out of limbo and being in any team at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This one-shot seems to be following in the footsteps of the previous two, so that's excellent to know.

Definitely a rough beginning, though. It's a little hard not to automatically hate Ray's mom for her attitude towards Ray, especially since she seems to be shifting herself into the victim role. You kinda have to stop and think for a bit, so you'll realize that she's been stuck in that house, too.

For anyone familiar with Ray's history, does the boy Caden have any relevancy to a past incarnation of The Ray, like how The Atom Rebirth one-shot also included Adam Cray into its story, who was another past Atom like Ryan?

Basically, like Vixen, Ray will have a CW Ceed animation mini-series. Not sure when it airs, though.
    No, I believe Caden is a new character. Caden might take the roll of his pre-52 girlfriend, Jennifer.