Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fangs Of The Goddess! Ya'Wara Appreciation

A thread dedicated to Ya'Wara of The Others.

I really liked Ya'Wara and would like to see more of her. It's always nice to see more of DC's mystical side. Maybe she could be in Justice League Dark

Yeah we need to see more of her! They should pop her in the movie!

Boom! Love this idea.
    Ya'wara vs Black Manta.jpg

Invincible Member

I liked her, but I liked the whole team.

So if I recall correctly, Ya'Wara is a goddess of sorts as statednin issue 14 of Johns JL. Anyone want to see this picked up on? What other abilities should she have?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So if I recall correctly, Ya'Wara is a goddess of sorts as statednin issue 14 of Johns JL. Anyone want to see this picked up on?
    I don't remember any such statement but if that's true... Pfft, typical Johns. A human being growing up in the jungle to become its protector may not be the most realistic scenario in the world, but does it really need to be tampered with in a universe of magical rings activated by the bearer's emotions?

Anyway, Ya'Wara was revealed to be the lone survivor of an air crash over the heart of the Amazon back when she was a child in a special issue written by John Ostrander and that the spirits of the forest are responsible for her continued survival and special abilities. So she definitely wasn't a goddess at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What other abilities should she have?
    She already has animal affinity, shamanistic skills and an Atlantean artifact that gives the bearer the ability to teleport herself and others at will. Isn't she already loaded enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    I don't remember any such statement but if that's true... Pfft, typical Johns. A human being growing up in the jungle to become its protector may not be the most realistic scenario in the world, but does it really need to be tampered with in a universe of magical rings activated by the bearer's emotions?

Anyway, Ya'Wara was revealed to be the lone survivor of an air crash over the heart of the Amazon back when she was a child in a special issue written by John Ostrander and that the spirits of the forest are responsible for her continued survival and special abilities. So she definitely wasn't a goddess at birth.

She already has animal affinity, shamanistic skills and an Atlantean artifact that gives the bearer the ability to teleport herself and others at will. Isn't she already loaded enough?
    Guess I'll have to look at that issue of Johns' JL again.

Any way where would you guys like to see Ya'Wara next?

Hell yea she is awesome DC had so many new 52 characters that deserved better

Astonishing Member

Yeah if I recall there was an odd off panel reference in Johns JLA that mentions some form of connection between Ya'Wara and Cheetah. Something to do with the god that empowers Cheetah I believe. I beleive Ya'Wara's people were a tribe meant to fight and try to kill it I think.

I'd like to see Ya'Wara in different settings. Maybe with her even becoming a recurring character connected to the Warlord books? She'd even stylistically fit the design theme for Skartaris even.

Edit; Ah wait.

Hmm.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/yawar...oddess-732831/

She's possibly a low level Jaguar Goddess? Hmm.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 06-30-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Personally I would've loved to see some flashbacks regarding Ya'Wara and Kahina. Her loving Kahina but Kahina not reciprocating that love (romantically at least) really endeared me to the two.

BANNED

I heard she was going to be in the DCEU very early on when Aquaman was announced. Yet no actress mention.

Anyone got any ideas for a Ya'Wara mini series?

Invincible Member

The trick would be in coming up with a direction that doesn't seem like a retread of Tarzan/Sheena. Perhaps send her on a mythological adventure.

If it's an ongoing maybe a balance between that and ecological threats or terrorists. Bring back Korba ( ha ha)? I'm sure there's some lesser known DC villains that could fit in her world.

Ya'Wara is a cool character and I would like to see her interact more with the DCU. Let her continue to work with Aquaman and Mera, but also have her team up with Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Vixen.

I would also like her abilities explored more. Just how strong/deep is her connection with nature and what are the limits of those abilities?

I would also change her look. The "Jungle Girl" loin cloths can go.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The trick would be in coming up with a direction that doesn't seem like a retread of Tarzan/Sheena. Perhaps send her on a mythological adventure.

If it's an ongoing maybe a balance between that and ecological threats or terrorists. Bring back Korba ( ha ha)? I'm sure there's some lesser known DC villains that could fit in her world.
    That could work. I'm a bit more interested in the mythological aspect. Anyone know of any deities or creatures native to the Tapirape people that could be potentially used?