Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Mr Terrific: The Human Computer Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fair play! One of the five smartest men in the DCU deserves to be appreciated and now he has a thread to do it in!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Fair play! One of the five smartest men in the DCU deserves to be appreciated and now he has a thread to do it in!

One of my all time favorite characters. I have all of his appearances pre new 52. I don't know what DC is doing with him in the New 52, but I hope they do something big with him. He is a character that you can put in all kinds of stories and he not be out of his element.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    One of my all time favorite characters. I have all of his appearances pre new 52. I don't know what DC is doing with him inthe New 52, but I hope they do something big with him. He is a character that you can put in all kinds of stories and he not be out of his element.
    He had a short lived ongoing that wasn't very good at all. I couldn't get past the 3rd issue. I didn't like the art or the writing. It didn't feel like his character at all. I'm hoping he gets another shot at a solo with a much better creative team.

Mr. Terrific is one of my favorite characters! I've always thought the "FAIR PLAY" motto was so damn cool! Obviously he's best stories were during his time as the leader of the JSA. Sadly his solo New 52 series was horrible.
    But he is supposed to play a big part in the Futures End series!

He's even sporting a new costume.

I really like it! It's much better than that onesy they had him wearing in his last series.

BANNED

Yes much better. Who is with him though?

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yes much better. Who is with him though?
    I don't recognize them. I guess he's getting a new team of assistants. The T Team? Team Terrific?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Mr. Terrific is one of my favorite characters! I've always thought the "FAIR PLAY" motto was so damn cool! Obviously he's best stories were during his time as the leader of the JSA. Sadly his solo New 52 series was horrible.
    But he is supposed to play a big part in the Futures End series!

He's even sporting a new costume.

I really like it! It's much better than that onesy they had him wearing in his last series.
    Oh heck yeah! That costume is so much better!

Yeah, Holt is a badass.

Hopefully Future's End serves as an apology for his solo series. Even if it doesn't make up for that, seeing Azzarello write him is such a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Yeah, Holt is a badass.

Hopefully Future's End serves as an apology for his solo series. Even if it doesn't make up for that, seeing Azzarello write him is such a good idea.
    You said it. I'm trying to be polite as I can about his last solo but it didn't feel like a title about Mr Terrific. It wasn't the character that we know imo.

Eh, that new costume isn't really doing it for me. Maybe under a different artist or a better angle. Can't wait to see what FE holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Eh, that new costume isn't really doing it for me. Maybe under a different artist or a better angle. Can't wait to see what FE holds.
    You gotta admit, it's better than the last one he had in his solo.

Astonishing Member

Terrific has sooooo much potential to be one of DC's best characters. He has a really awesome get-up and position of James Bond meets science explorer shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He had a short lived ongoing that wasn't very good at all. I couldn't get past the 3rd issue. I didn't like the art or the writing. It didn't feel like his character at all. I'm hoping he gets another shot at a solo with a much better creative team.
    I know. I have every issue. I'm talking about since then.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Every Issue? That is dedication.

I did like how DC was trying to set him up as their version of Mr. Fantastic. The go to science guy.
    He's also similar to a more modern Doc Savage.