Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

I didnt like how they were portrayed in X-23 today. I thought I would prefer them back as the Three-in-One but it seems like regression. I wish they had all gone back to blonde but had their own distinct hairstyles and I wasnt feeling them talking in unison. I prefer 3 distinct girls that look alike

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt like how they were portrayed in X-23 today. I thought I would prefer them back as the Three-in-One but it seems like regression. I wish they had all gone back to blonde but had their own distinct hairstyles and I wasnt feeling them talking in unison. I prefer 3 distinct girls that look alike
    Yeah that was my fear, the writer just regressed the characters all the back to Morrisons run, and has ignored the rest of their development since their creation
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

I'm sure this is going to be a plot point.

spoilers:
    Esme is back, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's WHY they've gone back to this.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

spoilers:
    Esme is back, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's WHY they've gone back to this.
    end of spoilers
    Ahh okay that makes sense i havent gotten to read the issue as of yet but thats a good sign
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I hope so. They at least need to go back to their individualism (not the different hair colors)

Not even an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not even an explanation?
    They all look exactly the same and their intro scene at the Xavier school had them walking and talking in unison. They came across as one person. There's not much to explain as that was the gist of it. Towards the end, we got to see them have individual speech bubbles as they conversed among each other but they were one unit when interacting with others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not even an explanation?
    Laura notes that something seemed off with them, and Gabby remarked about them going looking the same again, so it wasn't ignored. As I said, it's almost certainly a plot point that just hasn't been touched on yet (it's only the first issue).

Personally I don't feel like a step back. They've never stopped talking as one, even when looking different. I think they're pretty much on point. And also, at the end of the issue, you can see that they are pretty much what they were when Bendis left, so I'm fine.

What I have mixed feeling about is
    spoilers:
    Having Sophie and Esme back. Why are they back? Weren't their bodies destroyed by the phoenix? Wasn't their issue with each other dealt with in that post death series wit Warphat? Wasn't it widely known that Esme killed Sophie?
    end of spoilers

So apparently Irma is Mindee again?

Guess Tamaki didn’t get that memo. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Personally I don't feel like a step back. They've never stopped talking as one, even when looking different. I think they're pretty much on point. And also, at the end of the issue, you can see that they are pretty much what they were when Bendis left, so I'm fine.

What I have mixed feeling about is
    spoilers:
    Having Sophie and Esme back. Why are they back? Weren't their bodies destroyed by the phoenix? Wasn't their issue with each other dealt with in that post death series wit Warphat? Wasn't it widely known that Esme killed Sophie?
    end of spoilers
    They'll say a few lines as one here and there but I cant recall them having whole conversations as one in quite some time. They never broke when at the mansion and there was no sense of individualism until they got to talking amongst themselves (where it obviously wouldnt make sense to talk as one). I'll wait and see how this plays out but they were definitely off here

See the difference? They were like that for 4 pages straight without any saying her own words. Thats not how they've been portrayed in a long, long time

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    So apparently Irma is Mindee again?

Guess Tamaki didn’t get that memo. Lol
    R.I.P. SPICE girls.

They all look exactly the same and their intro scene at the Xavier school had them walking and talking in unison. They came across as one person. There's not much to explain as that was the gist of it. Towards the end, we got to see them have individual speech bubbles as they conversed among each other but they were one unit when interacting with others
    Laura notes that something seemed off with them, and Gabby remarked about them going looking the same again, so it wasn't ignored. As I said, it's almost certainly a plot point that just hasn't been touched on yet (it's only the first issue).
    So there are chances the change in appearance or personalities be related to the plot.

I hope this is the case and thank you both.

BANNED

I prefer them looking the same. It made them distinct from other characters...the "individuality" thing only came about because Bendis had the Cuckoos, Emma, Magik, and Dazzler all in the same book...ALL the blonde Xmen

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I prefer them looking the same. It made them distinct from other characters...the "individuality" thing only came about because Bendis had the Cuckoos, Emma, Magik, and Dazzler all in the same book...ALL the blonde Xmen
    LOL...but then when he changed them, I got them confused with Jean Grey and Eva Bell