Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I wonder how long before he sets up a fake account. Like tomorrow morning Abe Froman the Sausage King of Chicago is going to have a lot to say about stolen elections, Antifa, and Mike Pence being a tratior.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

This right here is another reason he must be removed from office!

From Ben Costiloe's Twitter:

For those wondering if it’s worth impeaching him this time, it means he:
    1) loses his 200k+ pension for the rest of his life
    2) loses his 1 million dollar/year travel allowance
    3) loses lifetime full secret service detail
    4) loses his ability to run in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wonder how long before he sets up a fake account. Like tomorrow morning Abe Froman the Sausage King of Chicago is going to have a lot to say about stolen elections, Antifa, and Mike Pence being a tratior.
    There are some decent jokes on that.

https://twitter.com/brianjayjones/st...92737143959555

https://twitter.com/barronjohn1946/s...94753786200064
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Who ever makes a movie about this insurrection, they better not let Michael Bay direct.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Its great to think about. but with so many GOP senators against it. Saying that impeachment goes to far. it will never pass.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think there are other ways or other paths to consider. Bringing back the draft, or insisting on mandatory military service as in Israel doesn't mean you don't have political polarization anymore.

The presence of the military in American culture and society is definitely worth addressing. Obviously the idea of America as Republic and Empire at the same time, coupled with the military not having a consensual good war or consensually approved intervention since World War 2 is a cultural problem. The last big consensual moment for the military was Seal Team 6 whacking Bin Laden on Obama's command. People approved of that far more than Afghanistan and Iraq, or for that matter the whacking of Soleimani.

So the role of the military in American society and culture has changed. Americans don't like to see themselves as an Empire, and they like to think of themselves as good guys, whereas the job of the military is indeed to uphold the Empire abroad and spread American interests and uphold American values as the best.
    Yes, we do need to redefine the US' view of its forces. From WWI on, its proponents have gotten away with framing its mission as "defending freedom" rather than "imposing will." Its officers know better.

As to the draft, I'm of two minds. There's a definite downside to conditioning every able-bodied youth in the country, and putting them at old, greedy, ruthless politicians' beck and call. There's also a definite upside - at least, in a democratic republic - to making every parent in the nation keenly interested in what a nation does with its forces (assuming, of course, that the state allows no privileged exemptions [yah, I know how naive it is]).

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its great to think about. but with so many GOP senators against it. Saying that impeachment goes to far. it will never pass.
    Sadly, you're right. They need 2/3 and there's still no way they would get that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who ever makes a movie about this insurrection, they better not let Michael Bay direct.
    To not get that far yet, I just wonder how awkward will be watching the next Purge movie that was delayed to this year.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump will probably blow up the Secret Service budget like he's done during his time in office with his frequent trips back and forth between his golf courses and Mar a Lago.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sadly, you're right. They need 2/3 and there's still no way they would get that.
    Well, maybe it might be worth it anyway if he gets to be the first President impeached twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well, maybe it might be worth it anyway if he gets to be the first President impeached twice.
    At this moment he is already the worst president in history. A 2nd impeachment just to say he was impeached twice means nothing unless he is removed from office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What other terrible firsts could he possibly unlock at this point? Is not going to his successor's inauguration a first too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    To reiterate something I said when Trump lost...I want a moratorium on movies about the last 4 years for at least a decade.

I want as much distance between 9/11 and the first fictional treatments of that, at a minimum. I don't want a movie about this insurrection for a long while. That said, if there were to be a movie, I'd expect it more Paul Greengrass' speed (director of United 93, and the one about the Norwegian massacre) who does these multi-character takes and recreations of historical incidents. So you can have stories about the Capitol Hill staff, about the police and secretary, and then the politicians. I feel pretty firmly, that the story should be told entirely from the perspective of the besieged Capitol denizens than from the attackers. So when they do the bit where Babbit gets shot, you tell it from the perspective of the agent and not from Babbit. I expect Tom Hanks (with whom Greengrass has worked twice) to play Schumer. Schumer can be the general protagonist of the Democrat Party dealing with McConnell, Pelosi, and the rest. He has an arc, he starts the day finding out he's become Senate Majority Leader and walks in on a total good mood and an upbeat nature, and then things go south. But overall this has to be a multi-character story.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yes, we do need to redefine the US' view of its forces. From WWI on, its proponents have gotten away with framing its mission as "defending freedom" rather than "imposing will." Its officers know better.

As to the draft, I'm of two minds. There's a definite downside to conditioning every able-bodied youth in the country, and putting them at old, greedy, ruthless politicians' beck and call. There's also a definite upside - at least, in a democratic republic - to making every parent in the nation keenly interested in what a nation does with its forces (assuming, of course, that the state allows no privileged exemptions [yah, I know how naive it is]).
    Look how far the current POTUS got with his bonespurs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I am deeply impressed by how deeply Antifa has gone undercover within the GOP and the MAGA movement.
    At this rate, they need to start planning for when Antifa sends the T-800 into the past to go after their future mothers.