Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable. I had many of the same feelings, even if the suit didn't look that bad as done by Pat Gleason. That said, given that Threats and Menaces is sustained by Norah's secret partnership with the Chameleon, who will have his own arc called The Chameleon Conspiracy this June, I'm willing to bet the "livestreaming suit" is connected to him somehow.
    Norah is the kind of person who reminds me of Megyn Kelly who used to work at Fox and NBC. Basically a fake person who is extremely unlikable. I would love to see her do a negative story about Peter and ( or) Spider-Man, and cause a cat fight between her and MJ, and MJ slap her silly.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Norah is the kind of person who reminds me of Megyn Kelly who used to work at Fox and NBC. Basically a fake person who is extremely unlikable. I would love to see her do a negative story about Peter and ( or) Spider-Man, and cause a cat fight between her and MJ, and MJ slap her silly.
    That would be hilarious and awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Understandable. I had many of the same feelings, even if the suit didn't look that bad as done by Pat Gleason. That said, given that Threats and Menaces is sustained by Norah's secret partnership with the Chameleon, who will have his own arc called The Chameleon Conspiracy this June, I'm willing to bet the "livestreaming suit" is connected to him somehow.
    Ha, thanks for the shout out bro. And thanks for telling me about The Chameleon Conspiracy. Sounds great.

Also like the idea of MJ standing up for Pete by standing up to Norah. Love to see that confrontation.

As an aside, I can accept the streaming suit more. In some respects, anyway. The Iron Spider suit was a gift of Tony Stark by the way. Still, the live streaming thing does get to me. I think about in 10 - 15 years, how the suit's function will look to readers. Who knows what streaming will be in the future, maybe the way of the DVD. Maybe it will be seen as a product of the time.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, thanks for the shout out bro. And thanks for telling me about The Chameleon Conspiracy. Sounds great.

Also like the idea of MJ standing up for Pete by standing up to Norah. Love to see that confrontation.

As an aside, I can accept the streaming suit more. In some respects, anyway. The Iron Spider suit was a gift of Tony Stark by the way. Still, the live streaming thing does get to me. I think about in 10 - 15 years, how the suit's function will look to readers. Who knows what streaming will be in the future, maybe the way of the DVD. Maybe it will be seen as a product of the time.
    The problem with the streaming suit ( like any other new suit) is twofold. 1: It will not be permanent. History tells us one day Peter is going back to the classic suit. That suit is so important that even after Peter died in Life Story MJ gave Miles the classic suit. While I understand it is a different universe, the symbolism of the suit cannot be denied. 2: There have been numerous changes but in only two stories ( Back In Black ( One of JMS’s best if not his best story) and Peter in the FF) can anyone say the different suit made or even improved the story, and even in those stories you knew it was temporary. That is what will happen with the streaming suit. A likely plot device that will go away once the Chameleon Arc is over. As for Streaming itself, it will likely not go the way of the DVD. Why? Cost efficiency. For example: I bought a year of NHL TV for $99.99 to see Islanders games in North Carolina. I can watch a game on a phone, computer and with Roku on the TV. I will do the same with MLB TV for Yankee Games. $129.00 for the entire season. It will end up costing me less then a dollar a game ( because if the Yankees are not playing or on the West Coast), I can watch another game. Spending less then $250:00 for a year’s programming featuring my two favorite teams is a much better value then buying 10 DVD’s for the same price.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-14-2021 at 07:40 AM.

I'm oddly reminded of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where Peter took video footage of Spider-Man for the Bugle instead of taking pictures.

Incredible Member

As for Streaming itself, it will likely not go the way of the DVD. Why? Cost efficiency. For example: I bought a year of NHL TV for $99.99 to see Islanders games in North Carolina.
    You just don't see the "how". Just like no one could see how a DVD could go away at the time. "They" will come up with something that is even more efficient than current streaming. May take awhile, but it'll happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    You just don't see the "how". Just like no one could see how a DVD could go away at the time. "They" will come up with something that is even more efficient than current streaming. May take awhile, but it'll happen.
    The biggest problem with advancing beyond streaming is not technology, it is a lack of creativity and originality. For example;, Look at what Peacock gives us: sequels of shows like Punky Brewster and Saved By The Bell. No wonder people do not choose to pay $10:00 a month for it ( almost the same yearly price as the Yankee Games subscription). If they had a plan where I can see any film I wanted in the Universal Library for a nominal fee, I would gladly pay for that.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-14-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Is the ending of issue #60 (not #61, but #60) going to be addressed later issue or do we know more about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

You're welcome, and good point bringing up the Iron Spider Armor as a gift from Tony Stark, given that "gift" came with strings attached, which ultimately didn't go so well with Peter's conscience once the original Marvel Civil War really heated up, especially when it turned out Tony was using the suit as a means to surveil Peter and create countermeasures in the event Peter turned against him. I'm willing to bet with the "livestreaming suit," depending on whether or not the Chameleon is involved in its creation, that it'll amount to the same thing in the end, which would provide a good excuse for Spidey to go back to the tried and true red-and-blue.

The biggest problem with advancing beyond streaming is not technology, it is a lack of creativity and originality. For example;, Look at what Peacock gives us: sequels of shows like Punky Brewster and Saved By The Bell. No wonder people do not choose to pay $10:00 a month for it ( almost the same yearly price as the Yankee Games subscription). If they had a plan where I can see any film I wanted in the Universal Library for a nominal fee, I would gladly pay for that.
    That's a great point. As much as I appreciate all the streaming services available today, the problem is indeed a lack of willingness by Hollywood execs to do and try new things instead of just making sequels to stuff people already know and love (and often worse in overall quality, since they're banking on nostalgia to obscure the flaws).

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Honestly, I'm surprised Dan Slott didn't come up with this idea during his run, it would have been right up his alley, although I guess he did with Screwball technically. In his defense though, his Peter was at least capable of making his own advanced suits through Horizon and Parker Industries. Different circumstance, I know, but at least it showcased Parker's ingenuity. This live-stream suit seems like a typical Parker FUBAR waiting to happen. He's been at this game long enough to know better, or at least ask who made the suit. I just have a bad feeling this will go down as yet another poor decision by Parker.
    Last edited by SpideyClone; 03-14-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Is the ending of issue #60 (not #61, but #60) going to be addressed later issue or do we know more about that?
    Not yet, but it will be, I'm certain.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised Dan Slott didn't come up with this idea during his run, it would have been right up his alley, although I guess he did with Screwball technically. In his defense though, his Peter was at least capable of making his own advanced suits through Horizon and Parker Industries. Different circumstance, I know, but at least it showcased Parker's ingenuity. This live-stream suit seems like a typical Parker FUBAR waiting to happen. He's been at this game long enough to know better, or at least ask who made the suit. I just have a bad feeling this will go down as yet another poor decision by Parker.
    Given Norah's secret partnership with the Chameleon providing the backing for Threats and Menaces . . . that's probably what will happen, unfortunately. That said, I'd love to see Screwball come back and comment on Spider-Man livestreaming himself, since he already referenced her in the first place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Generally, being so blatant about exploiting your superhero connections is presented as a bad thing. It's another reason why this probably won't last.

Astonishing Member

After seeing this comic, I'm afraid Spidey has fallen into a trap, and I'm not talking about Kingpin and his plot against Boomerang. I believe has fall into a trap from the Chameleon. I mean, how it was possible for Norah Winters and stuff to get the tech for that suit? Surely that suit has a booby trap that the Chameleon will exploit against Spidey. (It seems Peter didn't learn anything from Tony Stark and his Iron Spider's armor).

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    After seeing this comic, I'm afraid Spidey has fallen into a trap, and I'm not talking about Kingpin and his plot against Boomerang. I believe has fall into a trap from the Chameleon. I mean, how it was possible for Norah Winters and stuff to get the tech for that suit? Surely that suit has a booby trap that the Chameleon will exploit against Spidey. (It seems Peter didn't learn anything from Tony Stark and his Iron Spider's armor).
    My sentiments, more or less, even if the suit does look awesome.

Astonishing Member

My sentiments, more or less, even if the suit does look awesome.
    You know what else? CBR has posted an article saying Spider-Man just became Booster Gold. I can deny the similarities, but I still see more about Ted Kord's Blue Beetle in this suit than anything else. (Now that I think of it, Ted Kord and Booster Gold tended to be good friends).