Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    My issue is, she's young yes but she's been through more than Kwannon has. She's been dead this whole time while X-23 has been in so many deadly situations. And there's little to no doubt that she's more skilled than Kwannon is (Fallen Angels will probably show otherwise but that is going to be another dumb situation). This kind of argument doesn't really old if based on her age.

And what kind of unique perspective does Kwannon have? Other than being dead most of this time.
    She was not dead all this time. Elizabeth Braddock was simply in control.

She was an experienced assassin and Betsy Braddock (who killed Magneto) was using Kwannon's fighting skills.

Laura found an adult woman who understand her past and what she went through.

In real life a young woman could look up to an older woman. In real life women are friends. I think mostly old school male fans are in shock now that comics will show relationships and friendships between different women.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She had less appearances in books thats a different thing entirely. We dont know what Kwannon life experience before the body swap was. If anything this series indicates shes more experienced then Laura or Cable in certain areas and less so in others. Confusing her in universe history with her published history is so easy to not do so Im real confused how ppl cant make that distinction.

I haven't found her weak at all. She took down Cable in issue, she's been a great teamplayer when she and Psylocke went on mission, we've seen how Psylocke has resonated with her due to their respective history. We have had a good insight into her psyche, with her revealing she forces herself to pretend to be at peace for others sake but still feeling rage inside and that to me was great because it harkened back to her original characterization but less fanficy and without ignoring the more recent developments. And now weve had multiple hints of her showing concern for Cables well being and that to me is so interesting bc we know they will have beef later down the line and we know Kwannon seems to be using Cable as bait to get favors from Sinister which could shape up to form a very interesting conflict.

I dont get how people have faves but they cant be flawed or struggle, or fail at any time because if they do then the writer has an agenda.
    While any individual is free to like or not like whatever they please, it's like some people cannot understand that writers do not write comics for them personally. No one expects a person to like every comic out there. But just because you don't like something doesn't mean others won't. I personally don't like football, but it makes a lot of people a lot of money.

A part of being an adult is realizing the world doesn't revolve around how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

She was an experienced assassin and Betsy Braddock (who killed Magneto) was using Kwannon's fighting skills.

In real life a young woman could look up to an older woman. In real life women are friends. I think mostly old school male fans are in shock now that comics will show relationships and friendships between different women.
    Laura is experienced as kwannon. She doesn't need a teacher like what we see on the preview.

This book i scompletely misusing Laura, like none of her solo books happened

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

That's still an unknown period of time where Kwannon was locked away in Betsy's head. She's not THAT much older than Laura to begin with, and that time just makes the gap even more meaningless.

Laura has been looking up to Kwannon since her introduction to comics! Clearly y'all need to read up on your X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Laura has been looking up to Kwannon since her introduction to comics! Clearly y'all need to read up on your X-Men

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking or not.
    Claremont was writing that right ? Did he also have her dream of marrying Fantomex?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    My only hope is that's what's actually happening, and at some point Laura is going to tell (or better yet, SHOW) Kwannon what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

The best thing that ever led to was a Waiting for the Trade strip.

(Seriously. The fact Laura and Betsy haven't sat down to dish on Warren has been a colossal wasted opportunity).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My only hope is that's what's actually happening, and at some point Laura is going to tell (or better yet, SHOW) Kwannon what's what.

(Seriously. The fact Laura and Betsy haven't sat down to dish on Warren has been a colossal wasted opportunity).
    Not the only romance of her she coppyed. Look at gabby's first apperances with her dad
    Screenshot_20191205-190131_Marvel Comics.jpg
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-05-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Hahahaha I died. I'm now imagining Kwannon going around the island and giving people obvious advice.

Dazzler, I really think you should be a singer. I can show you how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Kwannon: Emma white is truly your color
    Ha! These are good.

Yeah, Psylocke fangirl Laura does make it more understandable that she's willing to follow Kwannon. Even though it was Betsy, she looked and had the same fighting style/mannerisms as Kwannon has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Everyone pretend it never happened LOL

Laura really set to follow Betsy steps

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, Psylocke fangirl Laura does make it more understandable that she's willing to follow Kwannon. Even though it was Betsy, she looked and had the same fighting style/mannerisms as Kwannon has now.
    It would be funnier if Laura didn't knew about it and just thought it was Betsy. Then on theend she just says "thanks for the team up, Betsy". Kwannon: "But i'm Kwannon, owner of the asian body "
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's the thing, she was fangirling over BETSY as Psylock, not Kwannon. These two are total strangers. Its so weird.

Well, this book is getting cancelled and Psylock is joining a new team led by Mr. Sinister. The series doesn't have a name yet, but they've been announcing the lineup daily. It looks like something that will get cancelled in 5-6 issues, so there's that

You can’t blame X-23 for staring at Cable’s ass, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and you can’t expect a Wolverine clone not to stare at a Summers wearing tight spandex