Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So its not horrible but the constant praise on twitter without any real critique is actually quite annoying.

There is a lot wrong with character interactions, story beats, theres like so much going on and like nothing at all. (if that even makes sense) etc...

But I guess people are loving TH's writing.

She only wanted to write Apocalypse after she had Thanos.

These characters don't belong in these roles.

Yeah Betsy should have continued on as herself. Instead of being given someone else's title.

I'm actually quite frustrated with what they decided to do now that I really think about it and finish this first arc.

What happened to she didnt want the title. Now she's just like yup I have an amulet now.
    Welcome to my world in regards to all of DoX. Everyone always gushing everywhere I'm just sitting over here like whaaaaaaaaa...........?

One of us, one us, weeble wobble weeble wobble

Well I'm fine with DoX actually. I like Hickman's New Mutants and Percy's X-Force.

X-Men is meh. Fallen Angels fell apart. And Excaliburs execution is just disappointing.

Tini Howard as a writer is not for me. I wish we had a Mike Carey or Keiron Gillen on a book like this.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Does anyone have that picture of Morgan near the end? Are they seriously about to vivisect her?!
    They are indeed vivisecting Morgan.
    But Jamie is an amoral bastard, he’s in good company with Apocalypse.

I'm desperate for a What You Would Have Done Instead thread.

I don't understand what Apocalypse was doing. I don't understand what Rogue was doing. I don't understand what Brian was doing.
    I don't understand why Julio was needed. I don't understand why Jamie was needed. I don't understand what Shogo was needed.
    I described this book on Twitter as a kitchen sink of fantasy tropes hastily and sloppily sewn together. I'm reeling from trying to patch the story so the resolution makes sense from where we started, but I can't.

What is gained from this new status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly, I took that conversation to be confirmation that she's pregnant and doesn't know it, for Dramatic Writing reasons. The conversation on that point is so random, and has so little to do with what is going on, that it feels like the only reason it would come up now is if its going to be used for drama.

People were upset/worried last issue because the pregnancy hint came out of nowhere and seemed connected to Apocalypse, which is all kinds of squick. They aren't necessarily against her having kids because its been an issue with her for a long time, and we're more worried because comics aren't great with them.
    It really seems to prepare for a acidental magic pregnancy just to get drama going to 9000

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but with the fuss about Rogue saying she never wants kids despite previous canon. Couldn't she just have changed her mind since then?
    Think the larger issue is from a narrative standpoint. Her having a baby wasn't actually a topic of conversation in the book really so her bringing it up just to dispel it just seems out of place. It only makes sense wasting panel time discussing it if in fact she gets pregnant despite her saying she didn't want to.

Like it is obvious Gambit doesn't care so what was the impetus for her saying it unless it is foreshadowing of the opposite.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I don't like Tini Howard's direction for Betsy, Rogue, and Gambit in this DoX era. Super disappointing and frustrating.

I don't like Marcus To's costume option for Betsy. His art is fine. It's not bad.

I dislike that Rogue and Gambit don't sound like themselves and are being put into roles that don't really fit them.

Just sucks that they are stuck with TH for the DoX era.

I was actually excited about this but knowing she's writing it.

It's like meh f*** it. Guess I'll be back when they switch artist and writer in a year.

And the fact that Hickman is her "mentor" and likes this direction.

Aaargghhhh. WHY!??!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    And the fact that Hickman is her "mentor" and likes this direction.
    I don't believe it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm desperate for a What You Would Have Done Instead thread.

I don't understand what Apocalypse was doing. I don't understand what Rogue was doing. I don't understand what Brian was doing.
    I don't understand why Julio was needed. I don't understand why Jamie was needed. I don't understand what Shogo was needed.
    I described this book on Twitter as a kitchen sink of fantasy tropes hastily and sloppily sewn together. I'm reeling from trying to patch the story so the resolution makes sense from where we started, but I can't.

What is gained from this new status quo?
    Apocalypse strated poisoning Otherworld with Krakoa, he used Rogue to act as a siphon draining the magic to transform it a magic only for mutants the "mutant magic". Julio was needed because that was taking the magic neede to open a permanent conection between krakoa and the otherworld and only Julio could use bones of long deceased mutants to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Apocalypse strated poisoning Otherworld with Krakoa, he used Rogue to act as a siphon draining the magic to transform it a magic only for mutants the "mutant magic". Julio was needed because that was taking the magic neede to open a permanent conection between krakoa and the otherworld and only Julio could use bones of long deceased mutants to do this.
    That sounds like something Selene could be on board with. ISTG if they bring her on as a cast member I'll still want to be current on this book but I won't like it.

What I want to know is who is the white witch. Jamie took the throne but now he'll be contending with her, who was already waging a war against Morgan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What I want to know is who is the white witch. Jamie took the throne but now he'll be contending with her, who was already waging a war against Morgan.
    I presumed it was Roma as she's always in white and had been the ruler of that realm previously.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Has to be Opal Luna Saturnyne, white is her schtick.
    54D446ED-22D3-49BE-AB43-62D44AA92EE6.jpg

I don't think Howard is good when it comes to showing mutants/villains using their powers.

Morgan le Fay went out like a punk. She didn't even do anything cool. Her army sucks and did nothing but get owned.

Betsy has done jack **** with her Captain Britain powers besides wear a crappy costume.

Gambit is a Rogue obsessed loser. Jubilee should go away after this arc and keep her kid out of harms way but she won't......

The biggest draw to this for me is Apocalypse, but for all his sceaming we, the readers, have absolutely no idea what his goal or mutant magic is. Im not sure I wanna know with Howard writing it. The editor deserves blame as well since its his/her job to help a writer tell a good story. Dawn Of X sucks. Only 1 decent/good book which is X-force. This "team" has no synergy at all and aside from the Braddocks and Apocalypse the "team" has zero reason to stay together after this. I gotta drop it. A shame since I like Apocalypse so much. Oh well.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I gotta drop it. A shame since I like Apocalypse so much. Oh well.
    This is the way. We must do what we must do. Even if we like these characters.