Page 48 of 626 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I never thought of Nate as a real character but as a plot device. And if even Warren Ellis, in my opinion, wasn't able to make him interesting it's better to have him dead.
    One less McGuffin is a good move.
    He is a AU version of another character...I think is a character that we can easily cut out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He is a AU version of another character...I think is a character that we can easily cut out.
    X-Man, for me, has always been a pure exemple of the 90's tropes: teen angst and a power creep that would make him a good character in Dragonball Z!
    What I'd like to see later is some kind of interactions between Jean and Maddie. Especially if Nate dies it would be interesting to see the reactions of the two "mothers".
    But I'm always for more interactions between Jean and her nemesis Maddie and Emma. I'd advocate for some kind of appeasement and understanding between Jean and Emma, it's time to move forward.

Nate could be a great kitsch character. Trying to play him straight as a major player is just... bizarre... Especially to relaunch an entire of comics.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Last edited by juan678; 01-20-2019 at 04:59 PM.

BANNED

So this Lucas Bishop business. While it is likely to not matter beyond the scope of this X-Man series, there is some possibility that it actually carries over into what's to come. Over the course of the series Jean and Lucas may awaken from the dream or whatever and grow closer as they try to get back to the real world. Something like that could continue ramifications of the X-Man story after it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you for sharing! Sophie is gorgeous!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

theres not a dark phoenix thread?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

There was a Dark Phoenix movie thread, but it was either moved or deleted because fans kept arguing.

Going back to Jean's empathy...

In X-Factor #43, Jean senses the emotions of a Celestial even though she does not have telepathy at the time.

In X-Factor Annual #3, Jean senses the psychic scream and emotions of an underground humanoid. The other major psi-sensitives also sense it. Again, Jean does not regain her telepathy until later in the X-Factor series. The humanoid is a telepath, but Jean later explains that only sensitives can detect and receive its psychic distress calls.

There are many examples of Jean sensing baby Nathans emotions, but it is typically explained by his telepathy. However, in the above, Jean continues to have some level of psychic sensitivity and empathy even without her telepathy. Are there more examples of Jean sensing emotions while she does not have access to her telepathy? Is this evidence that she has sensing-empathy as a separate power or was it merely the only aspect of her telepathic abilities that she had access to at the time?
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-20-2019 at 09:54 PM.

In X-Factor Annual #6, a version of Proteus takes Jean into his mind. She senses his pain and loneliness and later when Legion allows her to access his telepathy she shows Proteus' pain to the others.

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-20-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-20-2019 at 10:21 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Early on, back during the Thomas days, Jean also displayed psychometry. This has come up again since then, most recently in the first issue of Extermination. As I feel that Empathy is a little more in tune with telepathy and those instances in X-Factor were showing that Jean's telepathy was once again rearing it's head, her Psychometry is more uniquely her. I can only think of two other psychometrics off the top of my head (Adrienne Frost and Hindsight). There's a lot that you can do with such a versatile ability, so while I also want to see more telekinetic stunts from our Marvel Girl, I'd love to see more done with the psychometry as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Y’all have no idea how much I love that Whilce Portacio blue uniform on a non Phoenix Jean. I wish she would wear it again

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Attachment 77244

interesting..
    Love the outfit Sophie T is wearing. It has some features of The Last Stand, but it also fits nicely with the Frank Quietly uniforms we saw earlier. As long as she spends plenty of time in her fiery glory as the Phoenix, I think this movie will be a sight to behold.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Still debating how much they should show in the next DP trailer. Though they need to show Storm powering up, a bit of a fight scene between Xavier and Magneto’s teams and more info on Jessica’s character.
    First X-Lady